Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleI_Stain_Blue
abominableshroomman

Loc: police state
casing won't pin
    #1261441 - 01/30/03 08:48 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

He put this casing into the fruiting chamber about a week ago. A pin appeared three days ago, it's still the only one...no other signs of pins..it's not growing very fast...also, the colonization of the surface seems to have stopped...the layer is pretty thick, probably a little less than an inch, the substrate layer was 2 inches. What's going on? strain is PR, cakes are previously fruited, condensation on the walls of the terrarium, temps around 72.

--------------------
Be Here Now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleI_Stain_Blue
abominableshroomman

Loc: police state
Re: casing won't pin [Re: I_Stain_Blue]
    #1261448 - 01/30/03 08:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
Be Here Now

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1261470 - 01/30/03 08:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

cowabunga dude!

you only got one pin because only a tiny surface of the casing is available to fruit.
put the casing back in the incubator (dark, still, no light) until the white myc colonises as least 60% of the surface. then fruit it. cubensis has a high rate of momentum, or something, and it continues to colonise while in the terrarium (fruiting chamber - light, breezy, humid, cooler).

:grin:shirl
xx

--------------------
buh

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1261481 - 01/30/03 08:56 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well, maybe its the fact that the substrate layer may be too thick. Either that, or the casing is somehow dry and the conditions aren't right for it to colonize the substrate layer. If its a straight verm casing, be advised that I haven't had any luck with them and many others say the same too. I don't know what I may be doing wrong, but you seem to have the same problem.

Offlineflawed
Stranger

Loc: Canada
Re: casing won't pin [Re: TinMan]
    #1261654 - 01/30/03 09:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i think you mean the CASING layer is too thick, not the substrate layer. an inch thick casing layer for a two inch substrate layer is quite thick indeed. my substrate is usually 2-3" thick and the casing layer on top is about 1/4" thick or a bit more.. it takes 48 to 72 hrs for the mycelium to work its way through a 1/4" layer.. so if your casing is nearly an inch, it would probably take a lot longer than my 48 to 72 hrs in the incubation chamber. judging by your pics, that might be your problem. you could try putting it back into the incubation chamber for a couple of days and next time use a thinner layer.

--------------------
------------------
----------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate