Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAstrok
Trying To BeCool

Loc: Bozeman, Montana
Morning Glory Experiences
    #2465598 - 03/23/04 09:57 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Anyone ever tried Morning Glory? If so how did you like it? Was it intense or a nice trip? Anything else that I need to know about it before I maybe try it? I heard there are certain seeds that I can eat, others are poisonous. Thanks and peace.

--------------------
"Light that shit"
"Smoke that shit"
"Pass that shit"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocinsane
Stranger
I'll Never Eat Seeds Again [Re: Astrok]
    #2465692 - 03/23/04 10:17 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

I'll tell you about my first and only morning glory experience. I'll preface by saying that previous to this I had taken mushrooms twice, once having a bad trip, once having a good one.

I decided to eat morning glories one night because I was bored and had read a lot about them. I happened to find a local supermarket with seed packets on sale. My roommate was out of town, so I was alone. Since then I have realized what a bad idea tripping alone is, especially for the unexperienced, but that's a caveat for another thread.

Anyways, I ground up approximately 150-200 seeds, and then ate them straight up. I then proceeded to fall asleep because I was tired and it was kinda late. Probably another mistake.

Anyways, I woke up probably like 45 minutes later to the most intense stomach pain of my life, although I was also tripping balls. It was an extremely confusing and disorienting thing to wake up to. Anyways, the tripping part was pretty crazy. Bizarre visuals and interesting thoughts. But I had trouble enjoying it because my stomach hurt so bad. I made myself puke, but I think it was too late to get them out of my stomach. One humorous result of this problem was that I was ripping the biggest farts of my life. Overall though this was an incredibly unpleasant experience.

Upon looking into this further I realized that the problem was probably due to the extremely high fiber content of the seeds. Basically this is not very good for your digestive system. Kinda like eating 10 bowls of Raisin Bran. The active ingredient of the seeds is probably pretty fun, but I recommend that if you try it, you extract it with alcohol, as per instructions given somewhere on erowid.org.

I hope this helps you and/or prevents a negative experience. Happy trippin'.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Morning Glory Experiences [Re: Astrok]
    #2465707 - 03/23/04 10:20 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

i've had some pretty bad experiences with morning glories. some people seem to like them, but IMO they just make you way to sick for it to be worth doing

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#2465711 - 03/23/04 10:22 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Read this:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

That should help you a bit.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Funniest shit I've read in a while:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

"He who controls the spice controls the universe!"

OfflineAstrok
Trying To BeCool

Re: Morning Glory Experiences [Re: Arrakis]
    #2465995 - 03/23/04 11:45 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

So what I'm hearing about MGS is that they just make you sick. HAvent heard much positives about them.

--------------------
"Light that shit"
"Smoke that shit"
"Pass that shit"

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#2466498 - 03/24/04 03:39 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

I used to do them on a regular basis, but I didn't have access to much else.  Don't get me wrong, I did TRIP BALLS every time that I did them, I just prefer other stuff now.  Don't listen to others' opinions though, try them and see what you think.  You don't have to buy them either, go on out to K-Mart and swipe some.  Then if you decide that you like them, order the seeds in bulk.  :nut: :biggrin:

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

Invisibleshriek

#2466600 - 03/24/04 05:37 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

yes several times, i like mg alot, many tells about side effects as pain in stomach and legs and such, i can honestly say after around 20 times of eating them i have never exeperienced anything like that. i take between 500-700 seeds and crunch them and only take the powder wich gets lighter in color and discard all the black stuff like shell pieces mix it with whatever and eat it. mg gives a very nice trip , i dont know why people get sicks on them it could be anything including what people eat or even bloodtypes.

OfflineAstrok
Trying To BeCool

Re: Morning Glory Experiences [Re: shriek]
    #2469308 - 03/24/04 09:32 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Well, maybe I will give them a try, 150-200 probably. I will go with the boil them and then gring them up....I guess. Hopefully me expereinces will be as nice too.

--------------------
"Light that shit"
"Smoke that shit"
"Pass that shit"

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #2469953 - 03/25/04 12:45 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

go with only 50-100 seeds for your first time. it won't be "heavy" but you get get a feeling of how they are. get about ten or so packs (they're only like 10c at wal-mart) of the heavenly blue kind. eat a sample (about three packs or so) of the seeds to get a feel for it and save the rest for later. they're really enjoyable, i really like mixing em with mushrooms for a mellow experience. an intense but yet mellow experience. naseua, unfortunately, is a side effect. it originates from the chemicals they put on the seeds to discourage recreationaL use. and the number of seeds ingested per trip might also play a role in the stomach cramps and the shits. but overall, if no severe naseua is present, you should have a great time. a bowl of herb totally increases the experience and helps with naseua too. there are other LSA containing seeds out there that are much more potent----hawaiian baby woodrose (dose:5-10 seeds) and Turbina/Rivea corymbosa (dose:20-50 seeds). the best way i find to ingest the seeds is to pulverize them in a coffee grinder and stuff the powder into empty gelcaps. drinking the tea can be a difficult feat (the taste itself makes you want to throw up). hope everything goes smoothly and that you have a good time.........

peace
Psilostylin :mushroom2:

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#2470961 - 03/25/04 02:23 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Don't boil the seeds!  LSA breaks down at about a hundred something degrees fahrenheit.  No nausea?  I say bullshit to you. :lol:

You can do the pill thing for small amounts, but if you want to eat over 500 of them, you'll need to take about 30 gelcaps full.  That many pills alone would probably cause you to puke.

I advise the following:
Take MG seeds, grind them to a fine powder in a coffee grinder,
put them in a 32 OZ bottle of beer (Get beer which is low in
alchohol, 3.2 preferably), shake & chug! You MUST keep it down
for AT LEAST 30-60 Minutes! Otherwise you're body won't absorb
all of the LSA.

Beer hides the taste of seeds AMAZINGLY well.  Just chug that shit, keep it down, and you'll trip.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibleshriek

Re: Morning Glory Experiences [Re: Arrakis]
    #2472125 - 03/25/04 03:10 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

i have no nausea on mg. yeah of course i have felt something in my stomach but i dont concider it to neither be nausea or unpleasant at all.

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #2472941 - 03/25/04 12:37 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

quote---"You can do the pill thing for small amounts, but if you want to eat over 500 of them, you'll need to take about 30 gelcaps full. That many pills alone would probably cause you to puke".

30 gelcaps seems rough but it's really not bad....i've eaten about 100 gelcaps filled with cactus flesh and had no naseua. and w/ morning glories i've never had too many problems with this method, i may feel a mild "gargle" here and there but over all it's cool. some may like the pill method, some may not--indivual intrest, i guess

peace

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2473196 - 03/25/04 02:12 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

shriek said:
i have no nausea on mg. yeah of course i have felt something in my stomach but i dont concider it to neither be nausea or unpleasant at all.

Same here, but I don't think I've really felt the full potention of MGs. I didn't feel much other than a somewhat intense body high.

--------------------

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #2473216 - 03/25/04 02:18 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Ive had 2 experiences with MGS and each time i threw up alot. I tried them 2 different ways but each time I really didnt enjoy them. I just felt mild effects and a shit load of nausea. If you try this i hope it all works out well. Ive never met anyone who enjoyed their MGS experence but i have talked to people here that did. I suggest that you try it and decide for yourself.

Happy Tripping!!

--------------------

OfflineThe_Dormouse
Greenie
    #2473255 - 03/25/04 02:29 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

When I did Morning Glories, I washed all the seeds off, and then I tried grinding 300 seeds, and it just wasn't working for me. So I said fuck it, and chewed up the seeds. A small portion of them were ground, but most of them I had to chew. I took a sip of water mixed with Ginger before I started eating the seeds, to calm the nausea. After about 25 minutes after ingestion, I noticed something didn't feel quite right. I was pretty nauseous too, and the only way it seemed bearable was by staying perfectly still. I didn't really get much out of it; except the fact that something was different. I don't know what, but I just felt a bit weird. No visuals though. The nausea was so unbearable that I went into the bathroom and made myself throw up. The process of throwing up was pretty nasty and violent. I don't really have any desire to do them again. Maybe if they were prepared by somebody that was very experienced, I may consider it, since I did it kind of sloppily. I mean, I washed them and took all the precautions, but I'm sure if the seeds were ground up correctly, they'd be more efficient.

On the other hand, my friend, who had only 200 seeds, was experiencing intense flashing when she closed her eyes, and the room was melting for her. She ended up throwing up as well, and she didn't like the experience at all.

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: The_Dormouse]
    #2473286 - 03/25/04 02:42 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

OfflineThe_Dormouse
Greenie
Re: Morning Glory Experiences [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2473299 - 03/25/04 02:48 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

If my memory serves me right, I think I got the 1.5 gram packets, and there was around 50 seeds in each. It also depends on what brand you buy; I've heard of 1.8 gram packets too.

Edited by The_Dormouse (03/25/04 02:49 PM)

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: The_Dormouse]
    #2473303 - 03/25/04 02:50 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2473327 - 03/25/04 02:54 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

OfflineThe_Dormouse
Greenie
Re: Morning Glory Experiences [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2473358 - 03/25/04 03:01 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Well, I'm not very experienced with Morning Glories (or psychedelics in general), but I'll answer to the best of my ability. I'm assuming since LSA is a precursor to LSD, your degree of reaction to LSA would be mildly similar to how intensely you reacted to LSD (if you've had the experience). I took 300 seeds, and I'm pretty sensitive to psychedelics, and like I said, nothing exciting happened. If you really want to "trip balls", take a lot, but still; that is no guarantee. You could just end up getting very sick. Just be careful, make sure you sanitize the seeds, and go with the dosage you feel comfortable with.

Edited by The_Dormouse (03/25/04 03:08 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale