Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: notapillow]
    #2449034 - 03/18/04 08:15 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

hahaha thats awesome!! :thumbup: thanks for sharing!

a friend of mine using the screen name "inmypocket" because one time we were all tripping and he was trying to find a lighter in his pockets and he was like, "what is all this stuff in my pockets?  i wanna be in my pockets!"  it was really funny while we were tripping.

good times! :sun:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2449132 - 03/18/04 08:41 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

that's actually happened to me, i believe it's very common to males who are tripping  :wink:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisibleshriek

Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: Ripple]
    #2449150 - 03/18/04 08:44 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

haha yeah it is.

Anonymous

#2449277 - 03/18/04 09:11 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

I was hanging out with this guy from south africa. In this crazy british acsent hes like theres a snake in me poket. It was sooo funny. And he wasnt talking about his wang he was holding my snake. Definetly good times.

As for my name my mama always said I was a fungitobewith. Iv just been getting funner and funner.

this post just seems all wrong.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: ]
    #2449580 - 03/18/04 10:26 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

My name is meant to be the virtue --- not velour, the fabric.
It's been my screen name in different contexts since college in the early 90's.

The lamer reason I started using it back then was when I drew this comic strip which featured all of my friends as super heroes, named after virtues.
I was valour.

It's not ~meant~ to be ironic. :-\

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: MOTH]
    #2450257 - 03/19/04 12:43 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

I belonged to an ADHD "family" forum that frowned on the use of cuss words.  :grin:

Me and some others were cussing up a storm.  We were threatened with a ban.  So, we came up with animal words to use in place of the cuss words.  I'm "Frog" for "Fuck".  Or, "the Fuck".  :grin:

I use Frog everywhere.  Thank God Skorpivo came up with a better reason for my use of "Frog".

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2450259 - 03/19/04 12:44 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

I really don't know what my nickname means. It is as dull and mishapen as everything else in this artificial and meaningless world! :tongue:

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: daba]
    #2450269 - 03/19/04 12:46 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

daba, I have seriously wondered what your screen name means. Come on, you had to have a reason for picking it!

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: Frog]
    #2450516 - 03/19/04 02:33 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

well mines pretty self explanetory. I was just looking for a name that would be good for an online video game. Just a one word thing. Something like sting or some shit. I was watching TV and saw a Vulture.....sounded good to me :smile: used it for everything ever since.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Anonymous

Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: Vulture]
    #2450553 - 03/19/04 03:12 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

lol i dont think i have to give a reason

OfflineMagicMindFukc
open mind
Loc: USA/CA
    #2450563 - 03/19/04 03:25 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

It's a journey into a magical mind fukc.

--------------------
I
CAN
SEE
THE
MUSIC...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2450609 - 03/19/04 04:03 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Ummmmm....

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2450630 - 03/19/04 04:16 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

I am an evil transforming robot that is hell bent on destruction.

--------------------
Light & Music

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2450728 - 03/19/04 06:08 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Psilygirl said:
hahaha thats awesome!! :thumbup: thanks for sharing!

a friend of mine using the screen name "inmypocket" because one time we were all tripping and he was trying to find a lighter in his pockets and he was like, "what is all this stuff in my pockets?  i wanna be in my pockets!"  it was really funny while we were tripping.

good times! :sun:

I often feel like that when I'm tripping, just like what are all these things doing here, and why  are these things there, why should I have these things in my pocket, my pocket contains things... wow...!
No No Too Many Things!!!

notapillow, funny story, :lol:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#2451111 - 03/19/04 09:10 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

phi is a greek letter, pronounced "fee".
phi = 1.618... is an irrational number named the "golden ratio" or "divine proportion".

It arises in a number of mathematical and natural contexts.

In math:
Phi squared is equal to phi+1, or, more generally,
Phi^n = Phi^(n-1) + Phi^(n-2)

Phi is the limit of the ratio of successive terms of the Fibbonacci series F(n) = F(n - 1) + F(n - 2) : 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, ...
Also,
Phi^n = F(n)*Phi + F(n-1)
(for example, Phi^4 = 3*Phi + 2)

A "golden rectangle" is a rectangle with sides L and phi*L.
A smaller golden rectangle can be constructed from a golden rectangle by removing an L*L square, leaving a rectangle with sides Phi*L - L and L.

Successive points dividing a golden rectangle into squares lie on a logarithmic spiral, specifically the Fibonacci or golden spiral:

In nature:
Plant organs/elements around a stem are often seperated by an angle of very close to 137.5 deg. This corresponds to a rotation of phi = 1.618... turns (the 1 is not important in this context - this is the same as phi - 1 = .618... turns).
Here is a computer generated picture of what i just described:

Here is a head-on picture of a coneflower:

Here is one of a pinecone:

This is most often explained as being a result of a long process of natural selection, this being a very "efficient" packing method. I prefer the explanation that this is an inevitable result of the process of plant growth, simply not eliminated by evolution. You can read more about it here: http://www.wolframscience.com/nksonline/section-8.6
on pages 408 to 411.

In animals, many mollusc shells (like the sliced nautilus shell in my present avatar) and curved horns grow in logarithmic spirals, though not always golden (fibonacci) spirals (though the nautilus comes very close).

Spiral galaxies are also in the shape of logarithmic spirals. Golden? I don't really know, but kinda doubt it.

Many people attribute aesthetic advantage to the golden ratio, considering shapes with this ratio to be the "most beautiful" and finding it in places from the egyptian pyramids to the Parthenon to the violins of Stradivarious to many modern buildings and works of art. I havn't done too much research in this area, but am pretty sceptical about many of the claims.

In philosophy, many people look to the golden ratio as justificatiion of/proof for the idea that there is a fundamental, underlying, unifying order or truth to the universe. This idea has been a dream of many thinkers, from Plato to Einstein. Ceartainly, I used to believe that the universe was fundamentally rational or explainable.
Many things in my life have changed this for me. I believe that many things can rationally be explained seperately, but there is no global, overall, comprehensible context or reason to everything. Nonetheless, my handle is a memorial to the many years of my life in persuit of the truth.
Also, it is appropriate that I be named after a number, because numbers are fantasy and I have little experience outside of my imagination.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: phi1618]
    #2451141 - 03/19/04 09:23 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Very interesting.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineFlux
Symmetry Breaker
Loc: The Shroomery... retard
Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: filthysock]
    #2451203 - 03/19/04 09:56 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

filthysock said
Quote:

I often feel like that when I'm tripping, just like what are all these things doing here, and why are these things there, why should I have these things in my pocket, my pocket contains things... wow...!
No No Too Many Things!!!

I swear to fucking god if you assholes keep talking about pockets you're gonna send me straight to the funny farm..seriously, the second time I ever took acid was three hits of really wicked (the opioins of my more experienced friends) purple geltabs, when I was coming up I was tripping hard ..real hard I could see above my normal field of vision (a desert with all kind of insane things) and I remember one of my friends coming in and talking about his pockets, something to the extent of "Yeah I had this pocket in my pocket and there was the other pocket with another pocket, and all I had was these pockets from before I had my pockets..." it was really pissing me off because I knew he was just trying to fuck w/ me but then he started to make sense (I was tripping that hard) so I didn't say anything, oh and asked him about it the next day and I guess he didn't say anything about pockets at all, it was all me. Anyways just quit talking about pockets, oh sorry to make this a trip report but that shit was really getting to me, and my name is the state of my life. That's all.

--------------------
What'd I tell you about looking at my signature bitch!

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: Flux]
    #2451345 - 03/19/04 11:22 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

haha thats a funny story!

whenever i trip i always feel like i have waaaay too much stuff with me!  i always end up barefoot and pockets emptied, purse stowed away somewhere out of mind!  hehe :sun:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
    #2451925 - 03/19/04 03:04 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Its Pat is the handle I used way back in the 2400 Baud Modem BBS days; just a little bit before the invention of the Web Browser. Back then I had an Amiga 500 w/only 512k and no hard drive, each time you turned on the computer you would have to load the O.S. from 3.5" floppy.

Shit now that I think about it I've been using this same handle for 14 years. The occasional other handles I use rarely are "The Controller of Deception" and "SEAN1234". I use that last handle primarily on non-dope websites just as a joke. Don't get me confused with the Real Asshole SEAN1234.

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Offlineshad0want
Homo periergus
Re: What does your screen name mean? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2452683 - 03/19/04 07:14 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
My screen name, SkorpivoMusterion (pronounced Score-pea-voa-Moo-stair-ree-uhn) are two words from Greek lexicon.

It's up to YOU..to figure out what it means.

:wink:

Skotino? (dark)  skorpio? (scattered)  skorpidi? (a kind of fish) skordo? (garlic)
So what kind of mystery is it?  :tongue2:

--------------------
What? Surely, you did not take me seriously?!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals