Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Growing Passiflora Incarnata - Passionflower
    #24423400 -

Well I don't know much of growing this plant but decided to have a go, was a real slow start and wasn't sure it would live, but I have two here grown from seed, finally getting leaves and looking the part now so I thought I'd share :awesome:

Any growing tips or pointers would be appreciated though ^_^ :kiss:



--------------------
Mescaline Tea - the one singular occasion of my entire life I cooked for 9 hours :lmafo:

The trick is to be yourself, in a world trying to make you like everyone else :heart:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing Passiflora Incarnata - Passionflower [Re: Spellbound]
    #24423463 -

I have passiflora growing wild in vacant lots in my neighborhood. The most productive patch died during extended drought last year. If you search around you might get lucky and find some growing wild. I really like the fruit it makes, very tasty.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing Passiflora Incarnata - Passionflower [Re: JizzMasterZero] * 2
    #24423903 -



This plant is an obsession of mine. The fruit is so tropical and tangy/sweet. I have been gathering the fruits for years competing with every wild critter and just started growing them from seed this spring. Slow at first, but flowers quickly once they get going.

Good job on getting those plants growing. Not the easiest plant to grow from seed. Now that your plant is vining out, I would give it as much sun as you can and something to climb on like a trellis or even just some twine hanging vertically.

I found it best to pot them up to 3-5gal and let them grow up a bit in that (flowering and 6+ft long) before planting out in the ground. The ones I planted out earlier (from 4" pot) had a hard time getting established compared to those that had great soil and an easy early life..

Good thing you have two plants, they are not self fertile. If they bloom out of sync you can bring an anther or whole flower inside to store the pollen until the other plant blooms.


Edited by TheTortoise (07/11/17 04:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing Passiflora Incarnata - Passionflower [Re: TheTortoise]
    #24423916 -

I really hope you have more room than that spellbound.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing Passiflora Incarnata - Passionflower [Re: ferrel_human]
    #24424495 -

one thing i learnt is dont plant it in the ground unless you want it there, i had a vine about 10ft and decided i didnt want it there, to date i have ripped it out 4 times and poisoned with straight grazon and roundup several times, it is still throwing up new shoots....


--------------------
I AM ZEUS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing Passiflora Incarnata - Passionflower [Re: matt1208]
    #24425468 -

matt1208 said:
one thing i learnt is dont plant it in the ground unless you want it there, i had a vine about 10ft and decided i didnt want it there, to date i have ripped it out 4 times and poisoned with straight grazon and roundup several times, it is still throwing up new shoots....



:laugh: same mistake here. Given a chance it would cover one of my greenhouses and was trying to get in one of the windows last year. New shoots all through my in-ground bed inside the greenhouse too.


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing Passiflora Incarnata - Passionflower [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #24425713 -

Interesting thank you :laugh:
Well I move house in less than two weeks and will have a garden so I'll be able to move into a large pot and move outdoors :awesome: which will be great is quite a few I have indoors ATM that really should be outside.

Great pics by the way :laugh:


--------------------
Mescaline Tea - the one singular occasion of my entire life I cooked for 9 hours :lmafo:

The trick is to be yourself, in a world trying to make you like everyone else :heart:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Passiflora incarnata
( 1 2 all )
Teotzlcoatl 5,056 30 07/10/07 02:12 PM
by Teotzlcoatl
* Passiflora Incarnata
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Acaterpillar 8,996 75 07/27/07 12:33 AM
by Acaterpillar
* Growing Passiflora Caerula from seeds stefan 812 1 04/19/03 03:28 PM
by DazedSol
* Wanted: Passiflora Incarnata Seeds g0pher 374 0 01/03/06 09:28 AM
by g0pher
* Passiflora Incarnata satyr 1,316 8 06/03/08 03:06 PM
by satyr
* Harmala extraction bioassay from passionflower (failure) ytse 3,003 11 06/13/05 01:27 PM
by pod3
* Passionflower LOPHO.MP 1,469 11 10/12/02 03:55 PM
by Alexander
* PassionFlower RRhoads 1,090 13 11/29/04 05:37 PM
by theocean06

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
255 topic views. 0 members, 13 guests and 25 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.