Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24308281 -

Well tomorrow is the morning! I rushed an essay into two days to save my grade in my western civ class because I'm going to missing three weeks or so and by a miracle got it done. Anyway I'm Qing up all 5 sources of tv/movies I have between amazon prime,hulu,netflix,Hbo and starz through direct t.v. so I have some pretty bitchin movies to keep my mind off the pain. Also I can't take any meds/smoke herb/eat or drink after midnight so I'm eating a ton of Panda Express,having as much stanky herb, diluadid as I can (12mg) and as much Xanax as I can (6mg). So the plan is coming together.

I'm still worried about various things (like my arm being immobilized for at least 3 days) but for the most part I'm ready to get it over with and go to PT already. I had been doing PT before the surgery for a different issue and this really nice chick told me the next time I come back we should go out sometime and I'm playing it cool but hella stoked about that.


Wish me luck :smile:


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24308523 -

Best of luck man! Don't rush too fast or push beyond your limits in PT. You'll only set yourself back. But definitely pound that chick if you can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24308530 -

Good luck on your surgery dude

:heartpump:


--------------------


:heartpump::heartpump: :heartpump::heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24308707 -

Seriously_trippin said:
Well tomorrow is the morning! I rushed an essay into two days to save my grade in my western civ class because I'm going to missing three weeks or so and by a miracle got it done. Anyway I'm Qing up all 5 sources of tv/movies I have between amazon prime,hulu,netflix,Hbo and starz through direct t.v. so I have some pretty bitchin movies to keep my mind off the pain. Also I can't take any meds/smoke herb/eat or drink after midnight so I'm eating a ton of Panda Express,having as much stanky herb, diluadid as I can (12mg) and as much Xanax as I can (6mg). So the plan is coming together.

I'm still worried about various things (like my arm being immobilized for at least 3 days) but for the most part I'm ready to get it over with and go to PT already. I had been doing PT before the surgery for a different issue and this really nice chick told me the next time I come back we should go out sometime and I'm playing it cool but hella stoked about that.


Wish me luck :smile:



This is probably too late, but you need to tell the anesthesiologist about your drug use. If you have tolerance to opiates and benzos, it may affect the way the drugs they use to knock you out work. The last thing you want is them underestimating what they need to give you and you being awake but paralyzed during your procedure.

Anyways, :cheers:


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: koods] * 2
    #24310988 -



--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24311005 -

Now you just need a treatment for that haircut.

:ahahaha:


--------------------
I was pessimistic in my youth. Now I can just follow the Toronto Raptors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Ole Field Trashe]
    #24311073 -

That is terminal


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24311078 -

My best advice for a speedy recovery is really do the exercises to rehab whatever muscles they recommend you to and don't rush into doing physical things.  I started running kind of early on my knee after a surgery and I had knee problems for a few years after that.  I still do but not as bad


--------------------


theRealrollforever said:
That’s not possible; even with computers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #24311121 -

Whatchu think bout the haircut koods?


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24311408 -

I hope this is not your jerking off hand OP


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24311482 -

Seriously_trippin said:
Whatchu think bout the haircut koods?



Idk I'm too distracted by your nipple.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: koods]
    #24311693 -

:lol: id lol if I weren't in he worst pain in my life right now


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Patlal]
    #24312935 -

Patlal said:
I hope this is not your jerking off hand OP



Sadly it is. :/


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24313229 -

i Hope yoUr sUrgerY goes weLL man


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24313653 -

Seriously_trippin said:
Having shoulder surgery,apparently involving lots of rehab after. I'm in a lot of pain tho and I love to box and draw/paint/write and i just need the surgery  Any tips for a speedy recovery?  Good vibes?




unless this has been asked already and posted, how bad is the pain?  is it your rotator cuff or have you worn away the cartilage?



my left shoulder has been really bothering me the last few months (i have a few ideas why, but the "recovery" is so slow it seems almost nonexistent), and it is definitely the rotator cuff.  it's not worth having a scan done, yet...that's why i'm wondering how long you had this for, how bad the pain is, etc...




regardless, i hope the operation goes well for you, as does the PT


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: demiu5]
    #24313969 -

OP had a kayaking accident that caused it. So it's probably not a reliable comparison.


How you feeling today ST?
Glad it seems the surgery went well.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: demiu5]
    #24314003 -

All I really know is the day were going to fix one muscle and ended up fixing three and fixing a place where bone was rubbing against bone . The pain yesterday though some of the most intense pain in my life including the white water after  The Whitewater accident  .I have been taking shit tons of norco.  So essentially no I don't have a great painkillers right now however they said to go pick up another script something stronger today so we'll see

@ CC I'm doing a little better then yesterday but it's just the difference between intense agony and intense pain .  Thank you though :hug: right now yesterday and today I'm just watching cool movies and TV.  Also Nodding and itching


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24314022 -

:hug: good. It will get better as you heal up, as long as you're careful.

I hope whatever painkillers you get today are more effective though. So many people have no idea what it's like to be in agony and even less have any idea what it's like to be in agony without oncoming relief.


You're strong though and I know you can cope and you will get through the healing and the therapy and feel so much better when it's all said and done :heart:


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24314937 -

Yeah but I seem to be moving more then I should because of the pain and it made me a little less in tune with my injury and I wasn't suppose to move much.


You are absolutely right about the agony thing , you just can't understand until you felt that kind of pain  I was at first completely overwhelming for the first day because it was so intense.  It's pretty bad now but it was way worse . Also lucky for me they gave me some 5 mg oxycodone  just what I really needed . I've had no more than eight hours sleep in two days because of this pain . So the Oxsee's are very welcome

Thank you so much ms crumb ,you're so sweet :hug:  yeah soon hopefully I'll be out of this pain and recovering. My stepfather was very supportive yesterday about how I needed help from certain things from family memories but today he flipped out can Yellit me for essentially getting two screws in the fire pit. He yeled for an hour at me and when I said I was in extreme pain he called me a pussy  and said I was making an excuse. I just had surgery yesterday it's a pretty fucking down good excuse . My mother was very livid though  and he'll be put in the doghouse tonight . Occurrence of conceited fuck yells someone who just said surgery because of butter


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So my surgery is officially scheduled [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24314997 -

Seriously_trippin said:
Yeah but I seem to be moving more then I should because of the pain and it made me a little less in tune with my injury and I wasn't suppose to move much.


You are absolutely right about the agony thing , you just can't understand until you felt that kind of pain  I was at first completely overwhelming for the first day because it was so intense.  It's pretty bad now but it was way worse . Also lucky for me they gave me some 5 mg oxycodone  just what I really needed . I've had no more than eight hours sleep in two days because of this pain . So the Oxsee's are very welcome

Thank you so much ms crumb ,you're so sweet :hug:  yeah soon hopefully I'll be out of this pain and recovering. My stepfather was very supportive yesterday about how I needed help from certain things from family memories but today he flipped out can Yellit me for essentially getting two screws in the fire pit. He yeled for an hour at me and when I said I was in extreme pain he called me a pussy  and said I was making an excuse. I just had surgery yesterday it's a pretty fucking down good excuse . My mother was very livid though  and he'll be put in the doghouse tonight . Occurrence of conceited fuck yells someone who just said surgery because of butter



Lmao that was all speech to text and hilarious but baically he yelled because I got toast crust in butter an he thought right now was a great time to start yelling at me :faepalm: he is an ass and I even offered to scrape the crumbs out. Then I started yelling telling him if he keeps yelling so would I . He said i can't use my surgery as an excuse and I flipped and walked out. Anyway my real mom and dad are awesome trying to keep me comfy


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I'm going to have more surgery Ellis Dee 570 3 08/15/07 06:18 PM
by Gumby
* My cosmetic surgery odyssey
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
RandalFlagg 12,103 135 07/15/07 02:14 AM
by MyInnerChild
* MY Cosmetic Surgery Odyssey OneMoreRobot3021 957 13 07/24/07 07:13 PM
by Boom
* had knee surgery yesterday
( 1 2 all )
40oz 3,125 29 02/15/08 07:50 PM
by wrestler_az
* anyone ever have knee surgery?
( 1 2 all )
40oz 2,302 21 01/12/08 05:19 PM
by Nibin
* Mushroom cloud over las vegas, 700 tonn explosive test scheduled for begining of june in nevada ZippoZM 2,049 14 03/30/06 06:57 PM
by cybrbeast
* Plastic Surgery (what do you think?)
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 7,358 42 11/09/05 09:20 PM
by eric_the_red
* I'm thinking about plastic surgery again
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
RandalFlagg 8,177 84 07/19/05 02:32 PM
by Vvellum

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
884 topic views. 4 members, 11 guests and 133 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.