Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 |
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #24245267 -

Sophistic Radiance said:
I had to leave San Francisco because of the transphobia I witnessed there. Tennessee is better.






Haha, that surely isn't true as far as acceptance of transsexuals or gay people in general. Tennessee is overall less gay friendly than California, but people here can also be pretty passive aggressive, especially about sensitive things like race, gaydom, or religion. I think you're probably just in your own little bubble and not aware of reality. Which city/town did you move to?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #24245376 -

Sophistic Radiance said:
There arent really any strong incentives to fund research into the benefits of HRT, because HRT drugs are generic. Plus, the whole issue of transitioning itself is politically radioactive. Theres this perception that we're the darlings of the left, but that is absolutely not true. I had to leave San Francisco because of the transphobia I witnessed there. Tennessee is better.



I'm surprised, what happened to you in SF?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24245417 -

CookieCrumbs said:
Surgery is just a cosmetic thing. It has 0 impact on the medical purposes of transitioning. Hormone replacement therapy has major impact on the brain and body. Once the balance is found it does change the suicide rate. Or at least the depression rates. And it's not hard to understand why, people feel like shit when they aren't getting enough of the right hormones. It is believed to be one of the few ways to tell the difference between a physically trans person and a person who is not. Giving them the hormones of the opposite sex. If their brain chemistry resonates with estrogen instead of testosterone and they become healthier after HRT then that is strong evidence that there is an underlying physical necessity for "transition."  and strong evidence that it is a medical issue that requires medical treatment, which is HRT.



That's interesting, I had severe depression on female hormones, but on testosterone I felt great. Maybe I'm trans? :lol:

Nah, I'd never transition, cause I'm short, and the world isn't friendly to short dudes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #24245423 -

BANANA.MAN said:
Doctors have been called sexist for telling women that it is getting late to have a baby when they are on their thirties so facts and the opinion of medical proffesionals can apprrently be hateful.



Thirties is not that late. Fourties is when it starts getting late. Back when birth control didn't exist, a lot of women continued having children all the way up until menopause (in their 40's and 50's). I personally know two women who had babies in their mid-40's, amazingly. Natural births too, no C-section.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Crystal G]
    #24245452 -

Crystal G said:
CookieCrumbs said:
Surgery is just a cosmetic thing. It has 0 impact on the medical purposes of transitioning. Hormone replacement therapy has major impact on the brain and body. Once the balance is found it does change the suicide rate. Or at least the depression rates. And it's not hard to understand why, people feel like shit when they aren't getting enough of the right hormones. It is believed to be one of the few ways to tell the difference between a physically trans person and a person who is not. Giving them the hormones of the opposite sex. If their brain chemistry resonates with estrogen instead of testosterone and they become healthier after HRT then that is strong evidence that there is an underlying physical necessity for "transition."  and strong evidence that it is a medical issue that requires medical treatment, which is HRT.



That's interesting, I had severe depression on female hormones, but on testosterone I felt great. Maybe I'm trans? :lol:

Nah, I'd never transition, cause I'm short, and the world isn't friendly to short dudes.



I think the fact you have experimented on other hormones means you aren't ENTIRELY Cis. True Cismales would react to an estrogen pill like superman to kryptonite. Transmen still have it better on the whole compared to Transwoman, imo. They are slightly higher up on the Trans hierarchy (quote from a transman friend)


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #24245461 -

Apollyphelion said:
I think the fact you have experimented on other hormones means you aren't ENTIRELY Cis. True Cismales would react to an estrogen pill like superman to kryptonite. Transmen still have it better on the whole compared to Transwoman, imo. They are slightly higher up on the Trans hierarchy (quote from a transman friend)



I experimented with male hormones when I was working out (testosterone is a steroid).

The female hormones I took were from birth control. Then I was prescribed anti-androgens to cure my acne. That had the worst depression and lethargy.

So, it's not like I was just experimenting for the sake of anything to do with gender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #24245473 -

Sophistic Radiance said:
CookieCrumbs said:
Sophistic Radiance said:
I know that HRT has been a miraculous boon for my mental health. But what would i know. I'm just one of those crazy transgenders who doesn't know whats best for her



I've heard amazing things about HRT. From mood boosting, to improvements of cognitive functions, and even into physical health.

I'm rather irritated that there doesn't seem to be many publications on it right now though.


The future will show.




There arent really any strong incentives to fund research into the benefits of HRT, because HRT drugs are generic. Plus, the whole issue of transitioning itself is politically radioactive. Theres this perception that we're the darlings of the left, but that is absolutely not true. I had to leave San Francisco because of the transphobia I witnessed there. Tennessee is better.

But what research has been done shows a vast improvement in quality of life almost across the board. The notion of cognitive enhancement, mood boosting, and physical health feels like par for the course to me, based on my experiences and that of many of my friends.

I actually used to be a tweaker, but i stopped getting meth cravings after I went on HRT and I've been clean for a long time now. I didn't even have to put any thought or work into quitting meth, it just -happened-. What does that tell you? I was sick. And it is morally wrong to withhold needed medicine. It is intolerable that we still feel compelled to debate the merits of HRT when it is a needed medicine for many people who are sick and suffering. For any other cure to any other problem there would be no debate at all.



Greedy scumbags ruin the world for everyone.:sad:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Crystal G]
    #24245474 -

I will say however, that a lot of things are very masculine about me. Even my mom said I was always born the wrong gender, and born without the dick lol.

I have the lowest voice you've probably ever heard on a natural-born female, I get mistaken for a man 100% of the time on the phone. Even when I called a plastic surgery office to inquire about laser hair removal for my legs, they still called me Mister. :bored: It's to the point that I was once out on a date, and the man rudely kept accusing me of being a tranny, even though I kept denying it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Crystal G]
    #24245481 -

LOLOL, damn. Funny and tragic at the same time.
:heart:U


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Crystal G] * 1
    #24245733 -

John Nada said:
Sophistic Radiance said:
I had to leave San Francisco because of the transphobia I witnessed there. Tennessee is better.






Haha, that surely isn't true as far as acceptance of transsexuals or gay people in general. Tennessee is overall less gay friendly than California, but people here can also be pretty passive aggressive, especially about sensitive things like race, gaydom, or religion. I think you're probably just in your own little bubble and not aware of reality. Which city/town did you move to?



Perhaps you are the one who is in a bubble. San Francisco's gay scene is dominated by bourgeois drag queens who hate trans women. It's commonly known within the trans community that we are the whipping girls of the gay establishment. I'm near Knoxville, it actually seems pretty accepting here and the trans women I've met here so far agree that it's not a bad place to be. Most people don't guess that I'm gay and trans, I have a fairly standard blonde white girl presentation that goes over quite well around here.

Crystal G said:
Sophistic Radiance said:
There arent really any strong incentives to fund research into the benefits of HRT, because HRT drugs are generic. Plus, the whole issue of transitioning itself is politically radioactive. Theres this perception that we're the darlings of the left, but that is absolutely not true. I had to leave San Francisco because of the transphobia I witnessed there. Tennessee is better.



I'm surprised, what happened to you in SF?



Daily torture before I was "passing". People gawking openly, deliberately misgendering me, etc. I visited Knoxville while I was in that pre-passing phase and people were far more respectful. They would use the right pronouns without being told and they wouldn't gawk or laugh at me. More recently, I had a GF in SF who was not "passing" and watching her get abused every time we went out and seeing it eventually drive her literally crazy left a pretty bitter fucking taste in my mouth. There is a lot of systemic abuse that goes on too, in spite of the city's reputation, but I can't get into greater detail about this right now as it is too sensitive. It'll have to suffice to say that government workers routinely deny services to trans women. Again, the gay mafia that runs SF hates us.

Edited by Sophistic Radiance (04/15/17 07:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #24245749 -

Relevant to this discussion:

When you get sun exposure your body releases a peptide which causes you to make more melanin, skin pigment, to tan and protect against the UV.

That peptide is now available as a self-injectable, and you can dial it all the way up from a subtle hue to literally a blond white person being as dark as a bar of chocolate, dose dependently.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Asante]
    #24245758 -

Is it reversible or is it like you take a shot and turn black for life?


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Asante] * 1
    #24245773 -

Reversible. You boost up till you got the desired hue, either a slight hue or flood fill melanin brown, and then just take 1 shot every 2 weeks to make it stick. If you stop taking it it fades over the course of several months.

I'm amazed why Trump puts up with a sloppy spray tan.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Asante] * 1
    #24245782 -

Probably because Melanotan still requires some sun exposure.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #24245788 -

Sophistic Radiance said:
People gawking openly, deliberately misgendering me, etc.



How did they even know that you were trans? I thought you passed pretty easily as a female?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Asante]
    #24245792 -

Asante said:
Relevant to this discussion:

When you get sun exposure your body releases a peptide which causes you to make more melanin, skin pigment, to tan and protect against the UV.

That peptide is now available as a self-injectable, and you can dial it all the way up from a subtle hue to literally a blond white person being as dark as a bar of chocolate, dose dependently.



I knew this guy who was the biggest guido ever who took that stuff.

He wanted to look super tan, like a typical Jersey Shore guido, so he'd inject himself with that peptide that would make him super dark.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Crystal G]
    #24245795 -

Crystal G said:
Sophistic Radiance said:
People gawking openly, deliberately misgendering me, etc.



How did they even know that you were trans? I thought you passed pretty easily as a female?




That was like 3 months into HRT, when I was partly feminized but still basically masculine in my appearance, and I had a deep bass voice. I stood out like a sore thumb at that time and was treated like shit in SF, but respected in Knoxville.

Do you, like... Context? This stuff is actually really hard for me to talk about so it would be nice if you could pay attention to what I'm writing instead of just replying to the first isolated sentence fragment that catches your interest.

Edited by Sophistic Radiance (04/15/17 07:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #24245840 -

LOL, just trust me, people here aren't as accepting of it as you think. People are definitely overall more cordial than in California though, that much is true. Your average Tennessean still thinks you are literally being controlled by the devil and are going to hell though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: John Nada] * 1
    #24245851 -

I don't really care if that is what people believe, just as long as they leave me the hell alone.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: owhsefhwe [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #24245868 -

Most people are going to leave you alone in any city in the South, but that doesn't mean they respect you. They might even straight up despise you. If you're not being a dickhead and are just minding your own business you most likely won't hear anything though. You've got a lot to learn, you naive little tranny carpetbagger you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 |

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hiya Pub!
( 1 2 3 all )
alakona 3,730 43 05/14/05 12:14 AM
by Redstorm
* My girl needs the wisdom of the pub.
( 1 2 all )
Psilocybeingzz 4,132 38 10/23/06 06:11 PM
by Leanin
* wowzers! *camwhore it up in da pub!*
( 1 2 3 4 ... 35 36 )
Jenny 59,199 715 06/05/04 12:46 PM
by funkymonk
* I like the pub
( 1 2 3 all )
rogue_pixie 6,807 49 03/19/19 11:32 PM
by kr0nik0
* Hiya, pubbers! Burke Dennings 637 15 09/26/06 03:57 PM
by Burke Dennings
* hiya crazeefairy 470 4 07/18/06 11:38 AM
by Banez
* Hey pubbers! Welcome Zippoz to the pub mod team!
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 2,388 23 06/21/06 10:24 AM
by gdman
* Giada De Laurentiis vs Rachel Ray Dimmy 894 6 11/07/06 08:14 PM
by Srirachi

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,712 topic views. 0 members, 13 guests and 193 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.