Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
La La Land accidentally announced as best picture at oscars
    #24123011 -



"I'm gonna be really proud to hand this to my friends from Moonlight." lol

but was there really even a question that Moonlight, a black AND gay movie, would win?

Edited by rudebuoy (02/27/17 09:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: La La Land accidentally announced as best picture at oscars [Re: rudebuoy]
    #24123037 -

I'm not sure what you're saying at the end.  Do you think Moonlight took Best Picture not because it's a great movie, but because it's a "black AND gay movie"?  I think that's your implication, and I don't know that I agree with you.  Historically, movies by and for the black community don't fare well at the oscars, so I'm not sure why you'd consider Moonlight a shoe-in for the reasons.  Maybe it's just a really well made movie; I don't know, I haven't seen it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: La La Land accidentally announced as best picture at oscars [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #24123084 -

which black movies don't fare well?
I've always been under the impression that if a director takes on a black or gay drama , he is definitely shooting for an oscar. the oscar judge panel is obviously a very liberal minded group of people. Just because Will Smith wasnt nominated for his overacted performance in Concussion doesn't mean anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: La La Land accidentally announced as best picture at oscars [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #24123092 -

moonlight was fucking terrible

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: La La Land accidentally announced as best picture at oscars [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #24123102 -

Burke Dennings said:
Historically, movies by and for the black community don't fare well at the oscars,



Yea but that is exactly why they overcompensated for being so white last year, they got flamed hard. I'm not saying Moonlight won because it was a black film but A LOT of other black films and people won awards because of how many people were bitching last year about how white it was.

The Oscars kissed a lot of ass this year I don't know if you actually watched it or not but it was quite obvious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* LiveEarth: Gore announces multi continent rock concert
( 1 2 all )
deadHead321 3,457 21 02/15/07 10:48 PM
by Boom
* Thompsons remains kill bystander in freak accident Dreamer987 2,827 18 02/23/05 06:38 PM
by Learyfan
* Las Vegas
( 1 2 all )
NewbieS 3,000 35 02/08/09 06:21 PM
by Newbie
* NEW PHISH SHOW ANNOUNCED+Coventry Simulcast Announcements YouEnjoyMyself 1,556 11 07/29/04 02:54 PM
by Cubieman420
* 80th annual Oscars draw record low TV ratings bodynotdead 703 3 02/25/08 09:10 PM
by g00ru
* Car Accident & the shitty human race
( 1 2 3 all )
Jenny 6,892 42 06/05/05 08:07 PM
by myndreach
* KRAFTWERK ANNOUNCE U.S. TOUR!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 8,522 110 06/07/05 12:03 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Sunday Night Oscars Thread..
( 1 2 all )
THE KRAT BARON 1,975 21 02/26/07 01:19 PM
by AaronEvil

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
210 topic views. 2 members, 54 guests and 81 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.