Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Thinking and awareness
    #2390179 - 03/01/04 05:24 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The ability to think is one of life's greatest and most powerful treasures. Thinking, analyzing, considering, making informed judgments and decisions can take you far. And yet it is also good to regularly let your thoughts be still, to simply experience the wonder and reality of what is. Your thoughts indeed are powerful, and the absence of thoughts can be powerful as well.

Your thoughts would have little use if you did not also maintain an awareness of the world around you. So take time to nurture that awareness. Enjoy things not because you think you should enjoy them. Just simply let yourself fall into the rich and genuine enjoyment of them.

Thoughts such as worry, anger or frustration can often prevent you from seeing and appreciating the abundance of goodness that is all around you. When you feel your thoughts beginning to work against you, simply let them go.

Look not at what you think you see. Learn to experience the awareness of what is really there. Regularly give your thoughts a rest. It will make your thinking, and your life, even more effective.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Thinking and awareness [Re: CleverName]
    #2397487 - 03/03/04 09:49 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hehe, :thumbup:

Last night I fell really quickly into a state of meditation... I was in bed like I am every night, and I said my prayer that I always say, but I really focused on what I was saying and it really opened myself up into this relaxed state, where my thoughts calm down and everything...

I followed my breath and continued flowing.. and I did a lot of work with my thoughts, sort of opening them up to where they can just let go and I can have an absense of them... Just gradually letting go... it felt wonderful! :laugh:

I think a lot of us take for granted the power of our own thoughts, how they shape who we are and basically create our experience... even me at times. hehe. I think we all have moments where it all opens up for us but yet we sort of sink back into the old states of mind... but the more you push for it, the more you continue the awareness and you keep conscious of the right thoughts, the more you will have it open up within you. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator