Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Papaver Somniferum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

What do you think of the Rainbow Family?
    #2385193 - 02/27/04 11:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

what do you think of the rainbow family? some people are pissed at them for charging so much for doses, and they're being not so cool, like they used to be. what do you think? chinacat?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: What do you think of the Rainbow Family? [Re: ]
    #2385250 - 02/28/04 12:02 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i've got mixed feelings about them.

i don't want to go to any more local gatherings, but i would like to go to a national some year.

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: What do you think of the Rainbow Family? [Re: eric_the_red]
    #2385356 - 02/28/04 12:37 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'v never had any personal experience with any of them so my opinion dosen't count.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2385504 - 02/28/04 01:22 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

That's really really shitty.

I don't think that represents The Rainbow Family as a whole, though. From what i've read and heard, they're a great bunch of folks.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Tommy Jett - Groovy Little Trip

Invisibleshroomsi8
Kadiddle Hooper(Iazinguaswinzagshwamomiter)

Re: What do you think of the Rainbow Family? [Re: Learyfan]
    #2385567 - 02/28/04 01:51 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You musn't judge many by the actions of the few

--------------------

InvisibleTHEBOSS
THE BOSS

Re: What do you think of the Rainbow Family? [Re: shroomsi8]
    #2385649 - 02/28/04 02:35 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

When my FOAF got cid from them back in the day (i wanna say 4-5 years ago) it was always potent and cheap less then a buck for vials 600/10-pack. Haven't seen or heard of it since then, other than the random neck talkers that never seem to produce anything.

THE BOSS

--------------------
Mushbox Forum

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2385702 - 02/28/04 02:55 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
I don't think that represents The Rainbow Family as a whole, though. From what i've read and heard, they're a great bunch of folks.

Yeah, those gathering are large, so there's always going to be a few misfits...

Most of the people I know that are involved with those gatherings are good people. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinekushlover
stringcheesehead

Loc: USA
    #2385758 - 02/28/04 03:10 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

My first experiences with the rainbow family happened at some natural hot springs outside of Thatcher, AZ. Some friends and I used to go out there regularly to drink and smoke. The first few times we were out there while they were there, they wouldn't talk to and avoided us. After a few weeks, they started talking and smoking with us. Soon enough we got really friendly with them and they hooked us up with some family crys. One of the most beautiful scenes I've ever seen occured one time when we were out there. They had their three buses parked in a horse-shoe with a tarp streched out between them. Older adults were beating on drums while children ran aroud the fire playing with flashlights that had crystals fixed to the top. Beautiful effect while lit. We kept asking them when they were going to leave and they always said when they were ready. I loved that! After a while they said they were leaving soon to mine crystals in Arkansas. One day on my way to check my mail, I saw two of them drive by. They recognized me and waved with big smiles on their faces. I haven't seen them since. All I know is that they are some of the finest people I've met. They give up everday "comforts" to live how they do, but they always seem to get the most out of life. I'm sure they have their scum like every other group in society, but over all a very good group of people.

--------------------
What I'm about to tell you is the truth.......
What I just told you is a lie.

Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #2385914 - 02/28/04 04:23 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:

yeah, i kind of only got halfway through with that post and had to go get some chicken off the foreman grill.

i edited it. it's ironic that one can often express a broader, more complete spectrum of thoughts with two sentences than with a paragraph and a half.

Quote:

Papaver said:
Yeah, those gathering are large, so there's always going to be a few misfits...

i've never been to a large gathering, but would go if one was near enough. the ones i referred to were around 40 people large and unfortunately about 6 of them went to jail for stealing each year. it possibly could have been the same ones both years, but who knows.

there was a third gathering i went to and it was in se missouri. 2 friends and i went. there were about 15-20 people there other than us. no drums. nobody would talk to us or anyone else that was not from their own campsite. the two exceptions were a crazy local hillbilly that insisted his name was squirrel (he wouldn't quit following us) and some 65-70 y/o old naked guy in a teepee. the old guy was the only cool one there. he actually called us over and wanted to hang out/smoke out. we entered his teepee and he was chilling there, naked and nasty. he was cool and all, but we didn't really want to hang out with some naked old dude. we gave him a joint and left.

we hiked around for a few hours, found some trails and a spring. we hiked back and left after that. amazingly, squirrel did not chase through the woods after us on our way out. it was a nice hike.

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2386008 - 02/28/04 05:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I don't know. It's hard to say. 15-40 people sounds more like a camping trip than a gathering. These Rainbow Gathers occur all over the world, and really vary from situation to situation. Some of the ones I'm thinking of, out here on the west coast, are huge -- tens of thousands of people!

Sometimes they either add to, or take away from, the Oregon Country Fair crowd -- depending on where they are held and when they are timed. I know a few years ago, the Idaho gathering was held at the right time, so that the Country Fair got a big boost. Several groups were staying at the commune across the road from where I now live, and it made for a good week-long happening! However, last year, the gathering was in Utah, and so it was more of a draw from the Country Fair. It was hard for people to make both scenes.

The thing is -- even with the Country Fair -- when your talking about getting tens of thousands of counterculture-types together in a small town, or campgrounds, it will seem overwhelming to the locals -- worse than the Hells Angels paying a visit -- and make for some very strange culture clashes.

There will also be a few stragglers who are just not good representatives of "the scene."  This small minority feels like the world owes them a living, and choose to live like the Artful Dodger -- "The good Lord helps those who help themselves" -- but that is a VERY SMALL MINORITY, and generally not the type I like to associate myself with. It's too bad that the actions of these few can reflect an a large group of good people...

BTW: I'm also talking about those who can't pack out their own garbage. That too is sometimes a problem, and I just don't understand that at all. Environmentalism is a huge part of the movement, so anyone who attends such an event, should be more than happy to cart out and recycle their refuse... :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2386125 - 02/28/04 08:11 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The real rainbow family is a bunch of wonderful people. Alot of my friends have retired to the rainbow trail. As for LSD it shouldn't be sold by rainbow family. In my days the rainbow family got there acid for free on the trust it would be given away for free. I understand some of them had to sell a little just for gas and stuff, but it was always dirt cheap. Before each regional or national gathering we would donate crystal to them. They work on a important level were money isn't used. This also has a downside becuase they are very poor. They don't need money though.
The Dead scene operates on money. It has to becuase the Dead work in babylon. We need money to move and survive. We both have the same goals ,but work in different context. It's all one big family anyway. Most of the older people on the rainbow trail did Dead tour and got burned out and decided to chill with the rainbows.

One thing I can't stand are DRAINBOWS!. These are folks who suck up energy and give nothing back. For the rainbow family to work people need to do something to help the scene continue. Even smething as simple as helping them prepapre food. Drainbows drain the scene by showing up and using the scenes recources(food,shelter,rugs,ext) and not doing anything in return.

Also the scene you desribed sounds like some pseudorainbow thing. The rainbow family is big and spread out. Alot of people go to a gathering once and then say there rainbow and have there own gatherings. Once you get away from the core scene it degenerates. even at the core there are rotton apples like Fast Eddy and the A campers.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2386130 - 02/28/04 08:16 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

How do I go to a Rainbow Gathering? Is there any information about it or anything?

Anonymous

Re: What do you think of the Rainbow Family? [Re: chinacat72]
    #2386137 - 02/28/04 08:26 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

holy shit!!! you mentioned fast eddie chinacat!!! he's a bitter old asshole imho. yeah, they're the kinda folks that make it hard to like the family. how do you know him man?

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#2386155 - 02/28/04 08:49 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

What do you mean how do I know him? Iv'e been around for along time man. He's been around along time to. He's at every Dead show and gathering. He used to be hard core family. Then in the late 80's he got busted with large quantity's on acid 2or 3 times and each time he did no jail time and his supplier got busted. He was completly cut off. You have probably heard him refered to as ED the fed or feddy eddy. He has stuck around the scene building his own group of misfits known as the Wrecking crew". Ther only reason he's not beaten and thrown out of the scene is becuase every body thinks he has DEA protection. He's really a joke now. He's so far removed that he can't get anybody busted. We just all make fun of him now. He's an alcoholic mess that has so much bad karma he's turned into a mean old man. If you watch him and some of the older family walks by he'll turn away and not look at them. If he ever looks at me i'll spit on him.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Anonymous

#2386164 - 02/28/04 08:59 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

know shit. i knew there was something sketchy about that guy. he's crew does suck. feel bad for all of em actually... the guys still gets stuff, though. probably much less quantity. i think i know who gets it to him at least some of the time, and it worries me now.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#2386170 - 02/28/04 09:07 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

He doesn't get shit. He may get extremely small quantitys like a sheet from some new person that doesn't know who he is. Anybody selling quantity is going to know who he is and not hook him up. If they did they they would be cut or in jail.
If you no somebody selling him doses you better wisen them up. Though I doubt they would get busted. The DEA doesn't bust folks for small quantity's anymore unless they think they can turn them. They usually let it all flow and happen and see if they can follow the trail to the top. If Ed's buyin and selling doses he's probaly just trying to make beer money.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Anonymous

#2386171 - 02/28/04 09:07 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

hey chinacat-
did you get my pm?

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#2386174 - 02/28/04 09:12 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

No

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Anonymous

#2386180 - 02/28/04 09:17 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i sent it again.

OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Loc: only the truth is left
    #2386184 - 02/28/04 09:22 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

"what do you think about the Rainbow Family"
I think I would like to become a member. We seem like kindred souls. I live on the east coast.. but am moving to BC i plan. Maybe ill get to meet some in the future. I would be estatic

--------------------
God says dance with your heart
And shake free of you desire

Where theres a will theres always a way
When you get confused listen to the music play

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Papaver Somniferum

Community >> The Pub