Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
When is it justifiable to be a dick?
    #23550743 -

Obviously when someone hits you or starts talking shit to you, but I'm not talking about that.

For example, recently someone has tried pulling me into their life and making their problems my problems. I finally had to tell them that I'm not trying to get stuck in their life and that I need to focus on my own and get my own shit together and worry about myself.

It was selfish, but I still stand by that it needed to be said and don't regret how I said it at all.

What are some scenarios you've gone through that you felt being a dick was justifiable? (attempt to discuss intelligently)


--------------------
How to get started in bulk:
Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
BOD's Simple as FUCK Still Air Box
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar Tek
Munchauzen's Cultivation Video Series
How EvilMushroom666 Prepares His Grains (I use jars with Synthetic Filter Discs)
What is G2G? (Grain-to-Grain)
Damion5050's Coir Tek (I use 5.5 - 6 quarts of water instead of 4. Also ignore step 13 and ignore the monotub completely. The only purpose of this tek is to show you how to make a simple substrate. I also add gypsum to it but not necessary)
Spitball's Monotub Tek (A liner isn't necessary but is useful)
Use 6500k lights throughout the whole process. When you wake up, turn the light on. When you go to sleep turn the light off. It's as simple as that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: Kush_Zombie] * 4
    #23550763 -

Pretty frequently, there's a good portion of the day where I have to blow people off :lol:, close the door on my cats, and elbow through crowds.

Work manual labor and have your kindness taken advantage of, after a few years it wears thin.

I smile and say hi to strangers walking down the street, smoke out whoever, bail out friends and move across the country to settle family disputes. Not taking shit from anyone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: Kush_Zombie]
    #23550780 -

IMO as I'm getting older I realize unless it comes to getting screwed with money or a true betrayal by someone that you in some way rely on and they knew that, there's no real reason to be a dick other then it feels good to be sometimes for whatever reason :shrug: but obviously that's just my opinion, everyone has their own justifications and life experiences that made them who they are and do whatever it is they do

Most of the time I either feel guilty afterwords or realize how petty it was unless it was something that actually mattered, so I decided most of the time it doesn't matter, especially because most of the times I was/am being a dick to someone because of misplaced anger from something else in my life.

It is justifiable in many different scenarios, but whether it was worth it or mattered, probably not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: Repertoire89] * 4
    #23550793 -

Work manual labor and have your kindness taken advantage of, after a few years it wears thin.


I logged the fuck in just to 2nd that sentiment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #23550809 -

Yeah, I gotta agree with you. When ever I act like a dick, even if it's justified, I almost always feel guilty or like it was such a hollow victory. It's usually better to take a breath and walk away from the situation (if possible).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: SirShroomsAlott] * 1
    #23550828 -

When someone makes you food that you don't eat when you never hinted at being hungry, and they expect you to eat it for them. Petty example, I know, but it was the most recent one I can think of at the moment. But really, In some cases people shouldn't be asking when it's justifiable to be a dick, but rather, those other people should be asking "when is it justifiable to be offended?" :shrug:

I don't think you were being a dick OP, you were just being honest and being selfish is not always a bad thing, but it's always been a word attached to negativity almost everytime it's used.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: Eminence] * 4
    #23550852 -

If it is justifiable then it's not being a dick, it's being assertive. There can be a fine line between the two sometimes. But that is the key difference.


--------------------
Live Mythically


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: Eminence]
    #23550864 -

I say, call a piece of shit a piece of shit, and call a flower a flower :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: Eminence]
    #23550866 -

i recently had a friend/roommate that went from working 40 hours a week to 10 a week and was just frumpy as shit. got 6 weeks late on rent and wasn't looking for work and i made it uncomfortable enough for him to move out and trade a few possessions for rent.

if i hadn't he would have slummed around all summer eating my food, drink, utilities... im sure he would have made it square eventually but im not a fucking bank you know.

op kush he is kind of like the situation you referenced where he is always trying to get you to do his shit with/for himself. when you are a grown ass person do your own stuff.

i don't have time for people to be shitty in my life anymore.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: Kush_Zombie]
    #23550909 -

Kush_Zombie said:
Obviously when someone hits you or starts talking shit to you, but I'm not talking about that.

For example, recently someone has tried pulling me into their life and making their problems my problems. I finally had to tell them that I'm not trying to get stuck in their life and that I need to focus on my own and get my own shit together and worry about myself.

It was selfish, but I still stand by that it needed to be said and don't regret how I said it at all.

What are some scenarios you've gone through that you felt being a dick was justifiable? (attempt to discuss intelligently)



When someone pulls off some passive aggressive crap. Like little underhanded insults. A good one i heard recently "oh it's just that ummm... yeah..you know i like to work smarter not harder."

Lets see another time id say its justifiable to be a dick is when someone is continually oblivious to their ignorant actions.

Id say the biggest thing that will release my nasty side is when someone in a social setting/group (friends, family, co-workers etc.) gets confused as to their place on the totem pole... the pecking order and what have you.

Basically they think theyre entitled to more than everyone else, that theyre more important. They can treat anyone how they like and use bullshit little reasons as to why its ok for them to be cunts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: Kush_Zombie] * 2
    #23551101 -

It is justifiable to be a dick when dealing with assholes, pussies or big-mouths

Edited by 404 (08/17/16 08:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: Bjorn_Stormcrow]
    #23551111 -

Ulfrick said:
If it is justifiable then it's not being a dick, it's being assertive. There can be a fine line between the two sometimes. But that is the key difference.



This. We have different words for different things for a reason.

It is never justifiable to be a dick.


--------------------


۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: propensity]
    #23551124 -

Every day is a good day to be fucking hostile!




--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #23551195 -

I don't know, I guess I've been kind of douchey about it lately. I have a lot I should just let go but I know I'm not going to. People really piss me off. Some of it is just from how they still act to this day, but a lot of destruction towards me from the past that was paved with good intentions leaves me feeling angry still. Their intentions were good but the result was devastating for me at the time. It made me a stronger person over time but some things are just hard to get past I suppose.

Maybe I just hold grudges too easily. I don't know man, I have a lot of mixed thoughts and emotions right now. I know none of this is making sense but I feel I'll regret some of these things in the future. But right now I don't care.

I guess I'll learn the hard way when the time comes or I'll just simply move on.


--------------------
How to get started in bulk:
Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
BOD's Simple as FUCK Still Air Box
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar Tek
Munchauzen's Cultivation Video Series
How EvilMushroom666 Prepares His Grains (I use jars with Synthetic Filter Discs)
What is G2G? (Grain-to-Grain)
Damion5050's Coir Tek (I use 5.5 - 6 quarts of water instead of 4. Also ignore step 13 and ignore the monotub completely. The only purpose of this tek is to show you how to make a simple substrate. I also add gypsum to it but not necessary)
Spitball's Monotub Tek (A liner isn't necessary but is useful)
Use 6500k lights throughout the whole process. When you wake up, turn the light on. When you go to sleep turn the light off. It's as simple as that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: Kush_Zombie]
    #23551229 -

I've been taught my whole life that family is supposed to stick together and love each other and I don't doubt that they love me but there's just so much resentment that I feel towards them and I genuinely can't help it. I've tried but it drives me fucking insane, literally.


--------------------
How to get started in bulk:
Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
BOD's Simple as FUCK Still Air Box
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar Tek
Munchauzen's Cultivation Video Series
How EvilMushroom666 Prepares His Grains (I use jars with Synthetic Filter Discs)
What is G2G? (Grain-to-Grain)
Damion5050's Coir Tek (I use 5.5 - 6 quarts of water instead of 4. Also ignore step 13 and ignore the monotub completely. The only purpose of this tek is to show you how to make a simple substrate. I also add gypsum to it but not necessary)
Spitball's Monotub Tek (A liner isn't necessary but is useful)
Use 6500k lights throughout the whole process. When you wake up, turn the light on. When you go to sleep turn the light off. It's as simple as that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: Kush_Zombie] * 1
    #23551231 -

only when you're accompanied by a couple balls and spit semen out


--------------------
I'm stupid, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is smart.
I'm ugly, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Falcon91Wolvrn03 but secretly know I never will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: 404] * 2
    #23551266 -

404 said:
It is justifiable to be a dick when dealing with assholes, pussies or big-mouths



:thumbup:

Eternally quotable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When is it justifiable to be a dick? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #23551306 -

I'm usually a dick when someone disrespects my authority over them

cause I'm the fucking boss of everyone around me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My dad is such a fucking dick head Innominate 2,784 12 05/07/07 01:40 AM
by Noviseer
* Justification Meraok 425 3 03/25/05 01:21 AM
by Jim
* Bad sushi service. Am i a dick for walking out?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
pscyanescens 4,489 68 11/18/08 07:51 PM
by pscyanescens
* Does anyone elses dick triple in size when on Opiates?
( 1 2 all )
UncleLuke 2,935 27 08/03/09 04:40 PM
by feifen
* Random Bird Almost Kills Dick Cheney FoURtWeNTy420 962 12 04/15/07 06:44 PM
by AlteredAgain
* Have you ever used sex to justify a wrong doing? Jon 953 8 06/17/07 09:30 PM
by xjuan
* Anyone have their dick pierced?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
destructo_low 7,815 120 11/24/08 02:32 PM
by Muppet
* Die For Dick Chaney *DELETED* alsnow469 1,474 16 05/29/06 09:20 PM
by RandalFlagg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
382 topic views. 6 members, 18 guests and 136 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.