Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
What was the first Death Metal band?
    #2348752 -

does anyone know?


--------------------
adieu, bye-bye, cheerio, ciao, farewell, so long, toodle-oo and have a nice day!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: HavohejNohtaed]
    #2348771 -

I sure as hell don't.. but maybe he does VVVV :nut:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: HavohejNohtaed]
    #2351349 -



i don't know, maybe black sabbath.

what do you define as death metal?


--------------------
Anno cock? Is that some kind of Greek liquer? -Geo's all-knowing sex slave
Scat's way better than mud cause it's warm. -Ythan 4/23/07

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: HavohejNohtaed]
    #2351637 -

i'd have to say Death, only because the its named after them. I think they started out in 85 or so, i don't really know.

*they started out in 83, but released their first album that i can find in 87, so yeah i just split the difference.


--------------------
I was pessimistic in my youth. Now I can just follow the Toronto Raptors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: HavohejNohtaed]
    #2351869 -

Death, they were called mantis before that I think. They released a shitload of demos between 83 and 87 when scream bloody gore came out. I wouldn't call black sabbath death metal. But there may have been others at the same time, who knows?


--------------------
Light & Music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: eric_the_red]
    #2351964 -

eric_the_red said:
i don't know, maybe black sabbath.

what do you define as death metal?



Lol nope, Black Sabbath is not death metal at all.

It's a close call between Sepultura and Death, but Death wins.


--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: HavohejNohtaed]
    #2351966 -

the spice girls

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: HavohejNohtaed]
    #2352041 -

Satan's band...The Rockin' Cox was first...circa 1350.



SM


--------------------
     

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: Snape]
    #2352046 -

Snape said:
It's a close call between Sepultura and Death, but Death wins.



I would have to disagree. SLAYER in 1982.

In a close tie for 2nd is Possesed and Mantas

Also how is sepultura death metal. I always thought of them as playing quite tame music with just a harsher message.


--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: d33p]
    #2352057 -

Slayer, death metal???? Haahahahahahaha

I don't know Possesed and Mantas.

Sepultura is death metal.


--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: Snape]
    #2352085 -

just because their vocals dont sound like someone puking blood and bits of glass doesnt mean SLAYER isnt death metal.

I mean, its metal, and its about death, right? what else would you call it? Thrash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: HavohejNohtaed]
    #2352134 -

KISS......j/k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2352211 -

Slayer is thrash metal, that's what they want to be called
a close second would be satan metal  :smirk:

Death is the original death metal


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: Shroomism]
    #2352361 -

OK, you skooled me. 

I figured they were considered "thrash", but I always saw them as kind of overlapping into the "death" category.  I generally tend to apply these labels in a rather abstract way according to my own feelings, and I never really pay attention to the actual rules that govern them. :smile:

But, yah, musical labels are bunk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2352633 -

indeed... but to have your music associated with the mainstream in any way, shape or form means to have your music categorized into a genre.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: Shroomism]
    #2352721 -

Death, they were the first to really start that death metal sound. Chuck Schuldiner (RIP) is the godfather of death metal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: HeavenlyBlue]
    #2352729 -

Quote:
Chuck Schuldiner (RIP)




amen




www.emptywords.org


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: Snape]
    #2353174 -

Snape said:
Sepultura is death metal.



Sepultura is not death
They sung with a harsh voice but not about satan and shit
The sung alot in thier native toung (brasilian) about how politics suck
I dunno if thats considered death or not but I dont consider it
Six feet under is death not Sepultura


--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: fee]
    #2353594 -

Death never sung about Satan and they are Death Metal.


--------------------
Light & Music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What was the first Death Metal band? [Re: Shroomism]
    #2354432 -

Death tabs :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I defined metal ShroomismM 2,269 15 07/29/05 09:45 PM
by CaptainH13
* shrooms and metal
( 1 2 all )
FL_accciD 3,566 29 08/21/05 07:45 PM
by Silversoul
* Best bands of the late 80s eary 90s HisStudent 1,391 3 03/21/03 05:50 AM
by HisStudent
* Metal?
( 1 2 all )
aguynameddan 4,517 25 03/01/03 12:24 PM
by rommstein2001
* Best Metal Album of All Time
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
ShroomismM 13,040 157 09/24/08 09:12 AM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Any Metal Heads on these here message boards?
( 1 2 3 all )
john706 4,888 47 10/18/05 07:05 PM
by DestruKtiKon
* Favorite bands?
( 1 2 3 all )
simplemachine 5,043 41 10/03/03 04:37 PM
by jarby
* Bands that have multiple albums, but only a couple songs ShroomismM 2,653 19 03/18/04 04:27 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,960 topic views. 2 members, 132 guests and 145 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.