Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDexter666
journeyman
Loc: NH
Innoculation procedure?
    #2330438 - 02/13/04 11:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm going to use the Simple cubensis growing technique to get the cakes and then case using the 50/50+ tek directly into a 20 gal rubbermaid terrarium but I had a few questions about the innoculation procedure, when I innoculate the jars over an oven rack i'm going to flame the needle with an alcohol lamp and was wondering if I should use alcohol wipes as well to cool off the needle instead of squirting out any solution or both but is this going to harm the cakes putting a needle that was wiped with alcohol? Now I was going to use 1/2 pints and one centered hole per lid but heard if I innoculate in more than one spot it will colonize faster so I wanted to hear some feedback, now I was thinking I could use one hole but tilt the needle to innoculate in more than one spot but I read in the PF tek you should tilt the needle towards the side of the jar to innoculate but the guide i'm useing does'nt say much about that, so should I tilt the needle to the sides so the solution drips down the side or should I put the needle directly into the cake and innoculate that way? If at the sides should I innoculate at both sides or just one and if into the cake should I tilt the needle on an angle slightly and innoculate the inside cake in a few different spots? Also when useing the oven tek how close to the oven should the jars be when innoculating, i'd assume as close as possible on the rack to keep as much hot air riasing above the jars as possible right, also i'm using foil to cover the jars during sterilization in the PC and for innoculation but should I remove the foil before innoculation or punture right through it with the needle? also I was told by a friend to just put the jars in a container and let them sit without adding extra heat because the jars produce heat during colonization but i'm not sure if he's right or not, and another thing is should I loosen the lids during incubation period or would the hole in the foil be enough if i'm even supposed to leave the foil on or recover with more foil or tape. Sorry about so many questions in one post but no sense in making a bunch of different posts but i need all these questions answered because the guides leave out alot of this information.

--------------------
Just say NO to police searches!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDexter666
journeyman
Re: Innoculation procedure? [Re: Dexter666]
    #2330808 - 02/13/04 12:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

anybody?

--------------------

Offlinetat2edboy
low flyin plane
Loc: under the radar
    #2330864 - 02/13/04 12:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

YOU ARE GOING TO KNOCK THEM UP AFTER YOU PC THEM NOT BEFORE RIGHT?

--------------------
Regret is a waste of time

OfflineDexter666
journeyman
Re: Innoculation procedure? [Re: tat2edboy]
    #2330911 - 02/13/04 12:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Of coarse as the heat will kill the spores.

--------------------

Offlinetat2edboy
low flyin plane
    #2330948 - 02/13/04 12:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

SORRY..I DID NOT MEAN TO INSULT YOU..READ TOO MUCH IN SORRY..

--------------------

OfflineDexter666
journeyman
    #2330952 - 02/13/04 12:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You did not.

--------------------

Offlinetat2edboy
low flyin plane
    #2330971 - 02/13/04 01:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

BUT I HAVE BEEN TOLD IN HERE THAT IT IS BETTER TO SQUIRT ON THE SIDES, AND WHAT ARE YOU USEING FOR A FILTER ON THE JAR..IE. POLYFILL..TYVEK?

--------------------

OfflineDexter666
journeyman
    #2331300 - 02/13/04 02:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was'nt going to use a filter on the jars because from what i've read there's no need too but if you think I should then I will. So i should squirt the liquid on the sides? If iam going to do that will I need to put the holes around the rim instead of centered or will i be able to reach the sides with one centered?

--------------------

Offlineask
apprentice
Loc: a special place
    #2331343 - 02/13/04 02:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

remove the foil lid, shoot spores into jar. along the side of the glass, so it rolls down the inside of the jar spreading the spores a bit more than if you just shoot into the center of the cake.

in other words "yes put holes along the rim of the lid rather than in the center"

--------------------
without the bitter,the sweet is not as sweet.

wanting is good,actually it might be better than having-

Offlinestara
addict

#2331363 - 02/13/04 02:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I climbed up the other hill'CAN YOU HEAR ME!'

Offlinetat2edboy
low flyin plane
Re: Innoculation procedure? [Re: stara]
    #2331795 - 02/13/04 05:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

sorry for shouting...i am a noob..,
dexter sounds good ,i have not tried to grow without a filter of some sort and not sure if it will make much differance if your storage place is clean..

--------------------

Anonymous

#2332021 - 02/13/04 06:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

the pf tek uses no filter read up
thats why the faq's are thier

OfflineDexter666
journeyman
    #2333661 - 02/14/04 06:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I am also new to growing but that does not mean I have'nt created other things along with my extreme knowlege of drugs particuarly psychedelics in which i've been using for quite some time, i'm not stupid as i am a graduate of pharmacology with a PhD and some advanced chem if that says anything and in fact i'm growing not for my own use or others but just to broaden my experiences and to maybe sample a few but however i do plan on doing some large bulk grows just to get the experience plus i did take some small mycology coarse but did'nt learn anything about growing just about the mushrooms themselves and always have been interested in growing since i got a homestead kit when i was much much younger as i've always enjoyed psychedelics and i even did a paper on phenethylamine and tryptamine interactions in the brain and on the psyche for my final which there is limited knowlege about but i did throw a few good theorys in there. I also did a paper on entheogens/psychedelics which was published in a pharmacology journal but i'm not going to say more than that for obvious reasons one being my name is on the paper.

--------------------

OfflineDexter666
journeyman
    #2333666 - 02/14/04 06:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry about my lack of use of proper grammer but not only am i doped up(if your thinking i get my dope from my work your wrong because i use heroin although i'd prefer something pharmacuetical i don't want to lose my job over something so stupid) and i'm horrible at english/grammar especialy when writting on forums with my lack of periods.

--------------------

Offlineralphlauren4545
Stranger
Re: inoculation procedure? [Re: Dexter666]
    #12139961 - 03/04/10 02:58 AM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Yah man, that is one amazing ass run on sentence!!! i think i wanna grow fruit because fruit is good because i like fruit because in jr high i was eating fruit all the time because that is all they had on the menu because at the time proteins and carbs were a scarcity. lol. just making fun of this old ass thread, sorry.

Offlinebardleyrichard
My Keyboard Got Damaged
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: inoculation procedure? [Re: ralphlauren4545]
    #12140091 - 03/04/10 04:22 AM (14 years, 28 days ago)

:confused:

--------------------
I find myself yearning for clouds returning, all that the rain promises, and more...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck