Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Loc: Upstate
Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #23239354 - 05/17/16 08:34 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

It's a giant math equation, the solution is mxe, we must solve for x
:ancientaliens:

--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: qman]
    #23239467 - 05/17/16 08:58 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
An advanced alien civilization created a virtual reality universe which allowed another species to create another virtual reality universe which allowed another species to....ect, ect, ect.

I've actually thought this too. That aliens created us and we are being observed by them all throughout history, which is why UFO appearances happen all throughout history.

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: Asante]
    #23239614 - 05/17/16 09:26 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

The "universe" is alive and growing

We're kinda like bacteria in a gut of like an interdimensional horse or something

--------------------
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Loc: Upstate
Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #23239643 - 05/17/16 09:33 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I think it's possible the universe is a simulation in a series of nested simulations all created with the goal of somehow escaping the heat-death of the original universe :shrug:

--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #23239746 - 05/17/16 10:02 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Gaia hypothesis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis

We are all god/our own god.:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: ModestMouse]
    #23241106 - 05/18/16 07:39 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ModestMouse said:
It's a giant math equation, the solution is mxe, we must solve for x
:ancientaliens:

mXe

kinda looks like the Straight Edge symbol.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineHanz
Freak & Gentleman
Male

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: Asante]
    #23241177 - 05/18/16 08:00 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

It's interesting how the word cosmology triggers all kinds of thinking about aliens, simulations, and spirits from other dimensions.

Imagine if this was a thread about psychology, and I started talking about supernovas, galaxy clusters, and the Big Bang.

I'm not trying to ridicule here. It is very interesting to think about what mind is and how it connects to the divine.

I'm just trying to understand the network of associations that we seem to take for granted.

Do you realize that we are currently living in what is called the Golden Age of Cosmology. In no other time has so much been discovered about the actual physical Universe that we can see and measure. Don't you think this knowledge should at least guide our more wildly metaphysical speculations?

For example, it appears that the Universe that we can see is in a state of accelerated expansion. It does not appear to be cyclical in a simple sense. Cyclical models exists, but they work on time scales of say 2^500 years or so. (IIRC) And not by simple reversion when "the middle" is reached.

I agree that the cyclical Universe is a very beautiful concept. It makes me feel safe too. But should we not at least try to incorporate our most recent observations in our thinking? Not doing so kind of spoils the safe feeling... for me.

Say, if you want to cross the road, you look out for approaching cars, but then only THINK about an empty road because it makes you feel safe. That would not avoid your troubles if a car was actually approaching. Even more so if you had already seen it.

Thought and observation should make a coherent whole.

Love, Hanz.

--------------------
Small scale alternative parties rich in empathy and extravagance. Happen to know of one in the vicinity of Amsterdam? PM me my dear fellow. I love to meet some other freaks.

Oh and, if you can,.. embrace the nyctomorph. It needs you.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: Hanz]
    #23241313 - 05/18/16 09:05 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cyclical models exists, but they work on time scales of say 2^500 years or so.

There you have it.

A drop of water in the endless ocean of infinity.

What if space is the eqivalent of toroid? What if big bangs burn out matter into void, but the void keeps generating big bangs of matter in an eternal fireworks display?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: Asante] * 3
    #23241340 - 05/18/16 09:16 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I figure the whole big bang thing js probably our best bet, but at the same time I bet it's totally wrong, like totally based on artifacts in the measurements that we don't know how to account for.

It makes far more sense that the Universe began with ME, immediately conforming to my existential demand for spatiotemporal logic with the appearance of unbounded linear time and a holographic physical reality. Though it may appear that the Universe preceded me, this is only one of my personal specifications, and your entire life is but an echo of my primordial awareness.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Sophistic Radiance (05/18/16 09:37 AM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 2
    #23241517 - 05/18/16 10:40 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

The Sophiecentric universe.  But how did the Sophie come to be?

Ever read Breakfast of Champions?

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #23241525 - 05/18/16 10:43 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Nope, but I've been wanting to for a while. I loved Cat's Cradle

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #23241574 - 05/18/16 11:02 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

One of the protagonists is a guy who thinks he is the only sentient entity on the planet and everybody else is a robot provided to give him stimulation, positive or negative.

--------------------

OfflineHanz
Freak & Gentleman
Male

Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #23241979 - 05/18/16 01:03 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Is that by Kurt Vonnegut too?

:heart: Hanz.

--------------------
Small scale alternative parties rich in empathy and extravagance. Happen to know of one in the vicinity of Amsterdam? PM me my dear fellow. I love to meet some other freaks.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: Hanz]
    #23242115 - 05/18/16 01:44 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Yes.

--------------------

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #23242304 - 05/18/16 02:46 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sophistic Radiance said:
I figure the whole big bang thing js probably our best bet, but at the same time I bet it's totally wrong, like totally based on artifacts in the measurements that we don't know how to account for.

Said it a lot more beautifully then I could. Like totally. Dark energy points to a universe that evolves dynamically and in ways that we simply cannot be aware of because of the boundaries of time and our current temporal location. Other factors might begin to come into play and the physics might begin to drift creating entirely new realities that we cannot even begin to fathom. Life is so incredibly beautiful.

Invisiblemapleleafmarijuana
Archaeotek Magos
Female User Gallery

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Whats your cosmology? What is your take on the Whole Story of the Universe? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #23242424 - 05/18/16 03:14 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

i think we were one universal mind/being that imploded into distinct individual pieces, concepts and portions of reality in order to experience and feel every single possible universal outcome. we are infinite. coonnected as one and ever expanding and experiencing/being/existing

--------------------
Vinegar Tom
stay black cocksucker, thats the most important thing - joey coco diaz
Flesh is Weak. All Hail the Machine God!

OfflineHanz
Freak & Gentleman
Male

#23242573 - 05/18/16 04:02 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Yes.

Cool, I've read about half of Vonnegut's works. He's my hero, the king of skeptic. Should really read the other half soon, just haven't had the time yet. So it goes.

The last one I read was the one with the communist regime on mars, I forget the name, how I loved it, that one was genius.

:heart: Hanz.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order