Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Spanishfly] * 1
    #23105740 -

Seeds sowed, cuttings planted.



11/04/2016

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Argyreia] * 1
    #23105886 -

Ive been procrastinating for way too long on uploading these....

All seeds sown at 4:20am 3/22/16

On 3/31/16 I grafted...

2, Lophophora williamsii var. caespitosa to Pereskiopsis

1 Turbinicarpus pseudomacrochele to pereskiopsis




2 cups of L.w.c.


T.pseudomacrochele cup



L.w.c.


T.pseudomacrochele


Some photos I took just now, 4/11/16

Entry #1 L.w.c.


Entry #2 L.w.c.


Entry #3 T.pseudomacrochele


Lots more grafts coming, just waiting for Pereskiopsis to grow a little more.


--------------------

 
Everything I post is CGI :shrug:
        My Grow Logs!

Edited by applesmasher420 (05/19/20 01:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Spanishfly] * 1
    #23106486 -

There's like 5 more today. Must be some excellently viable ones ;D

I also received and sowed 40 more loph seeds today
Got Koehersii, Diffusa, Williamsii, and Decipiens

10 each. Also some more Pervuianus but I really don't think I need to sow them.

I also got some lithops I guess I should plant, become more than just a drug cactus grower.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: the_r3dz]
    #23106876 -

I sowed some myriostygma seeds from my lone adult. The seed pod gave around 6. Went to check it and the top of the pod was flipped back like a zippo. Score! Threw them in with the lophs. Which of 2 lophs have popped up. Ill give them a day or 2 to plump them up.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23107876 -

Just used a real razor blade for a graft for the first time. What a game changer. The blade is so much thinner than my scalpel, it glides effortlessly and makes a perfect flat cut. I Feel like starting some more seeds to be honest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Fuzz-nutter]
    #23107881 -

Thanks for the video Applesmasher, it's great to get a look at how someone else does it. I think I might make a video as well. Also your grafts look great, I'm envious of how big your seedlings are already!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Fuzz-nutter]
    #23108698 -

I use box cutter blades and the have yet to let me down. Gives my xacto a run for its money.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Fuzz-nutter]
    #23108956 -

Fuzz-nutter said:
Thanks for the video Applesmasher, it's great to get a look at how someone else does it. I think I might make a video as well. Also your grafts look great, I'm envious of how big your seedlings are already!



Wouldn't it be nice if we made a thread of videos showing our grafting techniques? :smile:


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23109572 -

Wow, I didn't realize anyone grew cactuses on Shroomery. Has anyone grown Peyote?


--------------------
I'm always interested in how to become a better shroomery.org member. I'm here to learn, teach and practice communicating in the shroom-tek lingo :wink:...I may not be able to teach much now but as long as I have good mentoring, the future will be good :smile:


Anyway here I am...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: jcbowling1985]
    #23109589 -

jcbowling1985 said:
Wow, I didn't realize anyone grew cactuses on Shroomery. Has anyone grown Peyote?



Mob
:ducklol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Fuzz-nutter]
    #23109622 -

I deleted this post as it was against the rules

Edited by jcbowling1985 (04/12/16 10:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: jcbowling1985]
    #23109641 -

Requesting sources is against our rules, the best we can do is suggest you browse the sponsors. All Lophophora, seeds or plants, are forbidden from being traded on the shroomery, they are illegal under US law.

  • Source discussion/request is NOT allowed. In order to preserve both our sources and the Shroomery's sponsors. So please do not create threads, or post in others, specifically asking for sources. Even if your intent is for users to send you that info in a PM, it is still not permitted.


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23109766 -

LSoares said:
Fuzz-nutter said:
Thanks for the video Applesmasher, it's great to get a look at how someone else does it. I think I might make a video as well. Also your grafts look great, I'm envious of how big your seedlings are already!



Wouldn't it be nice if we made a thread of videos showing our grafting techniques? :smile:



Is there one I don't know about? Yes that would be awesome

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Fuzz-nutter]
    #23109787 -

Fuzz-nutter said:
LSoares said:
Fuzz-nutter said:
Thanks for the video Applesmasher, it's great to get a look at how someone else does it. I think I might make a video as well. Also your grafts look great, I'm envious of how big your seedlings are already!



Wouldn't it be nice if we made a thread of videos showing our grafting techniques? :smile:



Is there one I don't know about? Yes that would be awesome



There is this thread Cactus Grafting Techniques Thread with some good tips and info, it could be resurrected and added to.


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23109894 -

ferrel_human said:
I use box cutter blades and the have yet to let me down. Gives my xacto a run for its money.



I'm sending you a razor blade to try , stubborn mule :wink:

It's not about it not working, obviously it's not hard to get a graft to hold, but it sure is nice when you can take a soft wrinkly scion and the blade glides effortlessly through it without pressing it into a shape. Or when you cut through a larger trich seedling and the razor blade goes right through the spines like they don't exist, makes you feel like a surgeon rather than a serial killer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Fuzz-nutter] * 1
    #23109959 -

I had once heard about scalpels made out of obsidian, when it was told to me they said that it cuts in between the cells, rather than through them. A microscopy view of a metal blade vs obsidian makes it looks like you took a rusty saw and the obsidian is nice and smooth.

Of course I could never find any of this on google,
I lied, here's the article, the comparison is actually a chainsaw but whatever.

it made me think it would be excellent (if not excessive) for grafting.

Edited by the_r3dz (04/12/16 12:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: the_r3dz]
    #23110033 -

Yea they say stone tools (sharp like broken glass essentially, I believe) were far sharper than even our best blades.

You can make a decent cutting edge from the bottom of a glass bottle using some napping (not sure if that's the spelling) techniques like how cave men used to.

I found an arrow head when I was 19. But somehow lost it. I have a sneaking suspicion that my schizo brother thought that the Indian spirits wanted him to have it, then return them to the river. I found it in medicine hat, while I was working in the gas fields. 3500 year old arrow head. What a shame

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Fuzz-nutter]
    #23110452 -

If you're just getting your peres multiplying now, a great trick I was taught is to allow side shoots to grow right after you graft. Your peres will want to Bush out, and a lot of walk throughs will say to cut these off, but I've gone from 18 peres to about 170 in 3 - 3.5 months, while making 80'ish grafts. One peres freshly grafted can throw out 3 shoots, but mostly 2 is common.
 

And now I have about 195 of these guys. I never realized just how fast people meant when they said "you'll have lots in no time" .

The only warning I would say is if your scion is really close to a node, a shoot may grow and possibly push of your scion. I usually just cut the node right off, a little corner cut, if the scion is too close. It doesn't seem to grow shoots where you amputate it's leaf and glochid node.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Fuzz-nutter]
    #23110472 -

My wife challenged me on my 195 guess, fair enough. I counted 240 pereskiopsis, 95 of them are grafts, and I got the original 18 January 1st. So 3 months and 12 days, the peres collection has grown by 1,333 percent.

I also have a deal made with a plant shop. Call it serendipity, I was in buying flowers for my wife's birthday, and she started talking about cacti, and how she gets calls for "San pedro" cacti. My ears perked

Anyway, a peres collection can grow very very quickly, don't worry about running out of stock

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Fuzz-nutter]
    #23111169 -

Hooooly shit Fuzz, that is a lot of cacatuses!:eek::thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cactus Grafting Competition 2013/2014
( 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 )
naum 41,008 587 08/23/14 05:51 PM
by naum
* Grafting Competition 2012/2013
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
modern.shaman 28,915 332 01/27/14 03:08 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Grafting Contest 2013/2014 Pre-Contest Discussion Thread
( 1 2 all )
naum 2,914 26 09/16/13 06:52 PM
by ferrel_human
* Best grafts poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 841 8 09/23/14 02:45 AM
by LSoares
* Most beautiful poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 905 9 09/23/14 02:55 AM
by LSoares
* Best freaks poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 798 8 09/23/14 02:46 AM
by LSoares
* need help/advice with graft
( 1 2 all )
tryptonite 6,928 22 02/22/13 02:15 AM
by Juke Adro
* *NEW ARTICLE* Published Report Shows That Grafted Lophophora Remain Active And Other Issues Debunked
( 1 2 3 all )
modern.shaman 13,209 56 07/09/13 02:47 AM
by intelligentlife

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
44,477 topic views. 1 members, 13 guests and 33 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.