Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Michigan Shroom Bust
    #2297001 - 02/03/04 12:27 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Was going through my filing canbinets today and came across a folder with numerous Shroom Bust News items I had not yet placed at my web-site.

So here is one and I already posted it at my site.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Detroit News
Friday, May 22, 1998

Drug Trade Gets Daadly Addition: Magic 'Shrooms.
by
Gene Schabath

There's more than just cocaine, heroin and marijuana being peddled on the streets of Metro Detroit

Narcotics agents across the tricounty area are now running into an increasingly different type of drug: magic mushrooms.

Wayne County Sheriff Robert A. Ficano said undercover officers last year seized 37 pounds of psilocybin, a hallucinogenic mushroom plant that can be chewed or made into a tea.

:It's sort of just bursting onto the scene," Ficano said.

"Its well known in the drug trade. Its been around a long time, but not around here."

Users who ingest psilocybin -- known as magic mushrooms or 'shrooms -- can get a sensation that ranges from relaxzation to fatigue, Ficano said.

"Larger doses give you a numbness," Ficano said. "The odd thing is you must refreain from using it for several days to regain your sensibilities."

Bad side effects of psilocybin include increased blood pressure, hallucinations and disorientation. An overdose can cause violent behavior and even death.

Lt. Chris Flo, supervisor of the drug unit for the Michigan State Police Crime Lab in Sterling Heights, said of the thousands of drug cases his unit analyzes each year, only 20 to 30 were psilocybin last year.

"Some sell bogus psilocybin," Flo said. "There was a case in Algonac where LSD was sprinkled on a regular mushroom."

Flo said psilocybin was once popular in the southwestern part of the country and has been used for religious ceremonies.

The drug, popular among the Aztecs and other Indian tribes, can be traced back to 1,500 B.C.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mj

Again the stupid cops are providing misinformation. The mushrooms were never used in the United States southwest.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: Michigan Shroom Bust [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2303470 - 02/05/04 02:55 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Again the stupid cops are providing misinformation. The mushrooms were never used in the United States southwest.

Of all the misinformation in that article, only you would pick that to get upset about.  :smile:

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2303640 - 02/05/04 04:02 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

This news is roughly 5 years old!

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Michigan Shroom Bust [Re: daba]
    #2304391 - 02/05/04 12:29 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

YEs the news is five-yars-old. If you read my post I came across it while going through my files.

I have dozens of newsclippings posted at my shroommwebsite whose URL is below. I am still posting man6y of them and I found this one in a folder the other day ab long with several others I have not posted yet.

I am currently posting the two pages for the two new species of mushrooms from Czech and one from Georgia.

And that is how I found the folder. completely forgot I had it.

There are worst case senarios posted in the articles at my site, including 500 pound mushroom busts.

mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2304608 - 02/05/04 01:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:smile:

Offlinepietruk
Loc: Midwest
Re: Michigan Shroom Bust [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2317523 - 02/09/04 01:21 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Effects can be violence and even death??????????

How can they say and print that???

Is there even 1 case of death by psilicybin?/???

Maybe a poisoning becouse they are illegal and people can get the wrong thing.

The war on drugs causes death!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Michigan Shroom Bust [Re: pietruk]
    #2318404 - 02/09/04 05:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

There are several deaths associated with psilocybine mushrooms, not from the actual chemical but from people who were on them and commited murder.

The mainland man on Oahu in Hawaii who ate shrooms and then raped and killed a four-year-old girl. Wrapped her in a tarp while she was still alive and threw her into the ocean.

The Hawaiian boy who sliced his face up while on shrooms.

A Seattle boy who freaked out and caused problems till police came.

The Russian soldiers high on shrooms who murdered civillians.
The boy who just got sentenced for killing his mother while on shrooms. And there are more cases.

These are items recognized by law enforcement for reasons not o to make shrooms or drugs legal.

Have a shroomy day.

mj

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service