Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNWuser
journeyman
Loc: Rainy Pacific Northwest
Very public places: theaters, laser shows, concerts. yes/no?
    #2275242 - 01/26/04 04:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Lately I've been trying to find ways of expanding my adventures during my trips. The last two or three times have had some 'down time', where I sit and worry over "what to do now". To eliminate this, I've rented movies, played video games (does not work too well), and just gone on long nature walks.

So my thoughts have led me to more public places...laser shows, movies, concerts...etc. How does everyone feel about this? Is there anxiety or worry when it comes to being in very public places?

The only time I was ever shrooming in public was when I was at the mall, and was coming down, but my pupils were still the size of quarters so I was very nervous about people looking at me directly. This was not too bad, because I was not really tripping too hard at the time. I do remember from past experiences when I would encounter sober people when I'm very high, they seem alienish, and not human. I'm worried about me, or more importantly one of my friends, just really panicing and tripping out with me!

I'd like to hear as much feedback and any personal experiences as you can offer!

Thanks a lot!

--------------------
Anxious for the rainy season....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Very public places: theaters, laser shows, concerts. yes/no? [Re: NWuser]
    #2275249 - 01/26/04 04:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

tripping at concerts is awesome  :thumbup:

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2275343 - 01/26/04 05:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have tripped in public and I love it. I think that being in public makes it way better. Having to deal with an element of the real world when the universe is as fucked up as it is is fun! Sometimes it is very very hard maintaining composure, and people do figure out that you are not normal at the moment, but unless you are a freakout or something and you end up having to deal with security or the police, normal places are very interesting beshroomed.

If you live in the police states of amerika, I have noticed that there are security forces EVERYWHERE these days. Try and stay away from these people.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2275363 - 01/26/04 05:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I love tripping in public. My best trip was walking around San Francisco. People are awesome!

--------------------

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2275492 - 01/26/04 05:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Any place that is normally fun sober which just be that much more fun while tripping. Places where your senses are stimulated are a bug plus such as Music concerts or laser shows. I love animals so trippin in zoos's is definately fun for me. ButterFly World, Monkey Jungle, Disney, Busch Gardens festivals etc...

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Very public places: theaters, laser shows, concerts. yes/no? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2276016 - 01/26/04 09:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I love tripping in public, but my tripping partner freaks out every time he does. Whereas I feed of f of the vibes of the croud, he feels like he is being scrutinized by the croud.

About security and/or thepolice. I went to see The Matrix: Revolution while tripping balls on two hits of acid and some san pedro juice that I had made. When I went through the line to give my ticket to the ticket taker dude(what exactly is that guys official title?), I made eye contact with a cop that was in the theater and it completely freaked me out. Then I really got nervous when he followed me to the dark theater room where I sat down and slouched out of sight. He was standing at the door looking all around, too. When my friend sat down beside me he said that he thought the cop was following me, too. That shit made my skin crawl and I completely freaked until he left and a little while after.

I guess the point of all that is, be aware of the athority figures when you are tripping abroad. Any encounter with them may lead to a bad trip.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2276127 - 01/26/04 10:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've tripped at concerts a couple times, it's pretty nice.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Very public places: theaters, laser shows, concerts. yes/no? [Re: gdman]
    #2276173 - 01/26/04 10:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think concerts can be great. It can be a little overwhelming being around so many people in a crowded space though. I find it more suitable for LSD that shrooms usually. Although probably my best shroom trip ever was at a Phish show. I went through a freak out period on the come up, but dealt with it, and the rewards were bountiful. Other public places can be fun too, but sometimes it's not a bad idea to have a trip sitter so you don't do anything too stupid.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: Very public places: theaters, laser shows, concerts. yes/no? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2276401 - 01/27/04 12:48 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ive tripped in class...Id rather not talk about it though.

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Re: Very public places: theaters, laser shows, concerts. yes/no? [Re: TheCow]
    #2276475 - 01/27/04 01:15 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Oh come on TheCow!!!!!!!!! please tell us, it was you that brung it up in the first place!

OfflineCheshireKaT
CheshireKaT

Loc: Orlando, FL
    #2279537 - 01/28/04 12:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My boyfriend's senior "class outting/trip" whatever they called them a few years ago - had their 'senior night' at Islands of Adventure at Universal. He dropped acid and did X and wore sunglasses the whole time and according to him - he absolutely had the time of his life. He says to just watch out for other people and only do it if you think you can keep your composure. You don't want to attract an ungodly amount of attention to yourself and cause security guards to wonder. As long as you can control yourself pretty good while tripping - go for it!

--------------------
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Offlineceephax
Tapeworm

Loc: Gastrointestinal track
Re: Very public places: theaters, laser shows, concerts. yes/no? [Re: CheshireKaT]
    #2279741 - 01/28/04 02:16 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ahem
Occasionally during highschool, I used to take DXM before in-class essays in my english class and ace them for some reason.

If you have access to a bike and some dark sunglasses, then I would say GO FOR A BIKE RIDE - it's damn enjoyable whilst tripping - like you're a small child again learning to ride for the first time.

I live out in the middle of nowhere so I don't really have to worry about authorities coming down on me for riding under the influence, or something like that - so use paranoia and caution.

so how bout it?

--------------------
What am I saying? I'm not even Chinese!

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #2280206 - 01/28/04 09:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Of course, lasers shows are fun.

--------------------
...or something

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Very public places: theaters, laser shows, concerts. yes/no? [Re: eve69]
    #2280226 - 01/28/04 09:42 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I don't really like concerts or lazer shows for tripping. It over powers me and freaks me out.

Matrix 3 sucked like that. At the beggining where they give you that fractal it felt so gratuitous. And then the movie sucked so hard. Man, I prefer nature for some reason, animals, I'm going to try the zoo, that sounds like a great idea.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Very public places: theaters, laser shows, concerts. yes [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2280753 - 01/28/04 12:30 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

We tripped at Stone Mountain Park in Atlanta before. We were camping out at the campgrounds, which were about 1.5 miles from the laser show and fully intended to go watch the show. The walk to the show while tripping took 3 hours :-P, so we completely missed it. However, we saw lots of wildlife and when we finally got to the mountain, most of the rednecks were long gone and the side of the mountain was lit up with multicolored spotlights...so we just watched that for a few more hours.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2282361 - 01/28/04 11:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

All of my best trips have been in public, especially concerts:

-Mushrooms at raves/concerts (makes me want to dance like crazy, but the initial comeup is the toughest, can be disorienting)
-Acid at a large peace protest (say hello to God)
-Mushrooms at movies (hit and miss, unless its an awesome movie, I dont recommend it).  I'd rather see a movie after the mushrooms wear off, during the "afterglow"

So I'd say yes, but only if you are experienced and can handle it.  Its best to have some friends along for the journey.

And always, always bring sunglasses! :cool:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineTyler
Tyler
    #2291879 - 02/01/04 02:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i triped last night with 2 grams at a concert in north hampton with a the band psychedelic breakfast. the shrooms were just kicking in when i walked in and all the pictures were beging to swril which was pretty sick. the venue wich the concert was played was a bar with a dance floor going up to the stage and tables with chairs on the second level. we made our was up to the top level and i waited for the group to come on. once the band got into their psychelelic stages of the music i had little controll of what i felt at times i felt great and the vibes were amazing but other times the music just overwhelmed me and took me where ever it wanted durring these times it was amazing to experence but i did not feel well phycally i experenced hot flashes and i could only imagin what i looked to others.
my advise would be to start off with a low dose because the music really dose make a huge difference i've tripped on 4.5 before and at the concert it felt almost the same. if i were to do it again i would problaly take 1 gram or maby lsd to avoid the stomach sickness and hot flashes or just drink. Or maby its just that i need more experence and to learn to controll it more. all in all it was one of the best experences at times and one of the worst at times.

tyler

OfflineLooksLikeRain
Hood

Loc: NE
Re: Very public places: theaters, laser shows, concerts. yes/no? [Re: Tyler]
    #2291921 - 02/01/04 02:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My girlfriend doses and goes to see dark side of the moon and the wall laser show....i am gunna go soon.

my fav place to trip by far is concerts, some of my best mushrooms trips where at Phish shows.

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: Very public places: theaters, laser shows, concerts. yes/no? [Re: LooksLikeRain]
    #2293482 - 02/02/04 06:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I would love to see the northern lights on shrooms.

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Very public places: theaters, laser shows, concerts. yes [Re: Oook]
    #2296665 - 02/03/04 07:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hell, i just want to see the northern lights!

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom