Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time!
    #22803896 -

Been wanting to see these guys for a while and I'm finally getting the chance this Friday. What am I in for? Should I trip?

:aweyeah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: OliverJames]
    #22803899 -

They're a real talented group, you'll have fun. They're not really my style though, too "robotic". They remind me of the Disco Biscuits or Sts9, although a bit more metal and less electronic.

IDK, I see 'em when they're around sometimes, and they can throw down some real good shit sometimes, but overall not my taste.

You'll definitely have fun though, especially if you're into their style. Enjoy the show, don't get your tie-dye shirts stolen by a cop in the parking lot after like what happened to me once :kingcrankey:


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: Sheekle]
    #22803924 -

I've seen them quite a few times and they put on a good show. Their singer can be a bit marble-mouthed sometimes, but its still good. I would suggest tripping.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: Sheekle]
    #22804022 -

Sheekle said:
They're a real talented group, you'll have fun. They're not really my style though, too "robotic". They remind me of the Disco Biscuits or Sts9, although a bit more metal and less electronic.

IDK, I see 'em when they're around sometimes, and they can throw down some real good shit sometimes, but overall not my taste.

You'll definitely have fun though, especially if you're into their style. Enjoy the show, don't get your tie-dye shirts stolen by a cop in the parking lot after like what happened to me once :kingcrankey:



Awesome. I saw the Biscuits recently and the show put a really bad taste in my mouth, but I think it was mostly the venue and the sound quality in the venue. I think UM will sound amazing at the Beacon in NYC, its a beautiful place. But yea I see what your saying. Does UM have any kinda light show or lasers?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: OliverJames]
    #22804049 -

Yeh, they have a pretty good light show. I could be wrong, but I think they use the guy Phish use to use for the light shows. Disco biscuits do sound like robots and I don't think you could even compare them to Umph

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: OliverJames]
    #22804353 -

You should smoke a bunch of salvia, while ripping dusters, and throw in some datura for added insanity.


Seriously though, have fun and dose lightly that way you can get a feel for how you like the band and everything isn't a psychedelic blur.


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: Lucis]
    #22804453 -

Saw them an Sts9 an the Mann Center in philly a couple years ago it was amazing. I keep missing them though when they come to Penn State cause it alwayss conflicts with soil judgin


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: Lucis]
    #22804697 -

Yeaaa I'd like to remember most of this show haha. I'll probably dose and keep it reasonably low, maybe one tab of 1P, haven't tried that stuff in a while. But yea I'm psyched. I honestly know very little of their music, but I find I enjoy artists like this most through their live sets, which is usually what I listen to when I'm chilling around at home

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: OliverJames]
    #22807045 -

They are amazing live when they are on.  Last few times i saw them though they were meh.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #22807064 -

Lophosaurus said:
Yeh, they have a pretty good light show. I could be wrong, but I think they use the guy Phish use to use for the light shows. Disco biscuits do sound like robots and I don't think you could even compare them to Umph




You are right you can't compare them. The Disco Biscuits are better than Umphreys. But everyone has their own taste when it comes to music. I personally do not like Umphreys but have fun!!

Edited by Boomer The Great (01/21/16 03:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: Boomer The Great] * 1
    #22807081 -

umph suckss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: Boomer The Great]
    #22807086 -

The biscuits are mediocre musicians with shitty vocals.  They are nowhere near as talented as UM.  Having said that i'd still rather see the biscuits.  their jams are superior when they are playing well.  Problem is they are extremely inconsistant.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: fapjack]
    #22807097 -

fapjack said:
The biscuits are mediocre musicians with shitty vocals.



Biscuits rage hard, yeah their vocals aren't always great, but they're awesome.


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: fapjack]
    #22807100 -

All the biscuits songs are amazing and if they play them right its :mindblown: all umphs songs suck and are really annoying if they play them right you dont get upset so i guess thats good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: fapjack]
    #22807102 -

Your statement is very contradicting LOL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: Boomer The Great]
    #22807107 -

yeh especially after he jus got done saying how inconsistant umph is and the years long slump theyve never been out of :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #22807109 -

i was discussing this the other night with someone. Who do u thnk has more fans umph or biscuits?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #22807116 -

Thats easy the Biscuits.

I can't wait for the upcoming Biscuits shows in a few weeks. Its the only time I really get to see them when they roll through the hometown.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: Boomer The Great]
    #22807167 -

yeh but ur from the northeast so idfk i think alot of country blumpkins out in the midwest n shit prob love umph.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Umphreys McGee for the first time! [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #22807249 -

I've seen Biscuits live and I've listened to a few live shows too. I must be hearing something different than you guys. I can't see why people like them. Some songs are ok, but thats it, they are just ok and nothing more. There isn't any feeling, emotion, or energy in their music. I find it really bland like a bunch of e-tards made some music. Can someone post a song of theirs that isn't dull and emotionless?

I like Umphrey's more because their music and concerts are high energy face melting music. They're almost a metal jam band. I would make an uneducated guess that Umph has way more fans than the Biscuits.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Just got bck from Umprey's McGee MrBump 454 10 01/25/09 03:19 AM
by Great Scott
* 2.7 grams aborts + Umphreys McGee DNKYD 647 8 04/05/05 07:49 PM
by DNKYD
* umphreys Mcgee Salnugs 512 8 04/13/13 05:41 AM
by Shroomism
* The Disco Biscuits are the Insane Clown Posse of jam bands.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 14,592 66 10/01/09 07:39 PM
by All We Perceive
* Umphrey's McGee
( 1 2 all )
jewunit 1,184 30 04/18/07 01:30 AM
by blissedout
* Umphrey's McGee trippindad82 1,169 11 12/18/07 03:50 AM
by Great Scott
* disco biscuits tomorrow!!! habitat0789 959 7 06/27/07 01:19 AM
by FunkyLoFi
* Disco Biscuits!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Atheist 4,010 63 01/28/09 03:05 PM
by large_dose

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,890 topic views. 2 members, 101 guests and 78 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.