Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: new2shroomzz]
    #22744977 -

Not that this is particularly the right thread for this post but if anybody is interested in custom work or having one of these pieces just message me on here and we can work from there! Now my shroomerites - I'm off to sail the whiskey river. Thank you for the feedback, much love, much life, much laughter. Ciao  :bye:


--------------------
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!" — Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: new2shroomzz]
    #22745010 -

new2shroomzz said:
I'm unsure what animal it is from. Wolf. Bear. Shark, something. I got it from panning for gems, red river gorge, KY. The amethyst also came from the same load. I thought about taking apart some old pocket watches and clocks and implementing the gears and such for some heavier steam punk styles.



Yea dude, I'm not really a pendant guy but I'd really dig incorporating clock parts, that'd be sick


--------------------


A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: bloodsheen]
    #22745213 -

I do rings too :smile:


--------------------
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!" — Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: new2shroomzz]
    #22745303 -

very nice.


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: new2shroomzz]
    #22745408 -

new2shroomzz said:
And if I might ask - what is your own craft friend?




Oh. Not really as awesome as you but I like polymer clay, painting and drawing. I like to dab my feet into everything tho. I always stop for awhile dealing with personal stuff but I've been working on stuff for almost a year again. I'd love to get into resin tho. I'm all over the place wanting to do a bunch of different things.


--------------------


:heartpump::heartpump: :heartpump::heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: pachoo] * 1
    #22745535 -

Nice tecnique and good execution!

I also like to wrap stones.  Lately I've been using copper wire and the cage method to wrap mostly cabochons.  I really like using malachite, chrysocolla, azure and other copper minerals for them and I think labradorite  (spectralite) looks amazing wrapped in copper.

I bought some star rubies and Opal beads for the craziest necklace yet.  I'm using a really nice ~100ct star ruby and I plan to make some kind of chain out of the Opal beads.  All in solid gold baby haha.  Still holding off until I get some more practice with copper first though and I need to practice making wire bezels.

I'm a rock nut haha.  I have cabochons and rocks all over my coffee table and 3 display cases of specimens :smile: plus many more boxes lol.

I like geology and enjoy going prospecting/rock hunting.  I have found quite a lot of good material and one day I plan to get a lapidary set up so I can polish my own stones. 


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Edited by Shins (01/06/16 07:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: Shins]
    #22745698 -

Freaking cool. It's amazing how many shroomerites wire wrap stones!!

I loved taking my geology class. Neat stuff. Plus my teacher looked like Cary Elwes in his prime.

:sexymeow:


--------------------


:heartpump::heartpump: :heartpump::heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: pachoo] * 1
    #22745899 -

As a kid I always loved the Idea of treasure hunting and to me prospecting for rocks and minerals is like that.  Doing the hunt, researching, looking over maps, scouring for rumors.... then taking an adventure into the wild and fining a cache of crystals or minnerals is such a rush!  The natural beauty is wonderful and nice stones are like capsuals of it.  I can understand why people are inspired metaphysically about them, they have interesting natural properties.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: Shins] * 1
    #22752025 -

Alright guys. Just completed this piece and it's available. What do you think? Amethyst and a green tourmaline inlay. Taken in natural sunlight. No photo filter.



--------------------
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!" — Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: new2shroomzz]
    #22752151 -

Nicely done?  How much do you charge for one like that? I'm curious.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: Shins]
    #22752182 -

It depends on the stone, material, complexity and the time I put in anywhere between $40-100 a piece typically. The one I just posted I could settle for $70 on it


--------------------
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!" — Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: new2shroomzz]
    #22752197 -

If you've never had a wrap - you need to get one, and if you have a wrap - you should post it below. I want to see some fire


--------------------
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!" — Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: new2shroomzz]
    #22752221 -

So do you first do a thicker wire skeleton, and then weave the thinner wires through? I see a lot of people doing this style, but ive never been able to pull it off. This is the best thing ive ever wrapped imo:




Raw Emerald


also made a pair of dabbers once:


Amazonite and tigers eye

second best:

Green Aventurine

Edited by SoulButter (01/08/16 11:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: SoulButter]
    #22752246 -

Dude those seriously aren't bad at all you should see my beginning wraps :smile: I can dig your style. Practice makes perfect


--------------------
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!" — Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: SoulButter]
    #22752252 -

70 is a great deal I think.  I know how much work and planning it takes.  I know a guy who wraps the same style, only he does bigger, finer, more elaborate ones out of solid gold and silver and he charges upwards of $1000 or more for some of the best ones... 

I'll post up some of mine in a bit, gotta get up and take some pics first.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: SoulButter]
    #22752267 -

Heres some of my starter pieces 2 years ago lol you are way better than I was :smile:



--------------------
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!" — Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: Shins]
    #22752273 -

I only use the highest grade natural crystals and minerals too. No fake shit. Parcels aren't cheap lol. But thank you :smile:


--------------------
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!" — Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: new2shroomzz]
    #22752283 -

Yeah i dont really have the money for it these days. i was barely selling any to make more money to buy crystals. oh well i had a good run

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: SoulButter]
    #22752288 -

Awh :frown: you shouldn't give up on it lol


--------------------
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!" — Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Handmade Metaphysical Festie Jewelry. [Re: SoulButter]
    #22752292 -

Yeah I've spent way too much money on rocks.  My problem now is I have too much to wrap and not enough time/interest at the moment.  Thinking about opening a booth next time the rock show comes to town.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My handmade jewelry pmb 479 13 01/27/12 09:45 PM
by Sanguine
* My handmade jewelry BigJimmy 428 2 05/22/13 05:11 PM
by Cynosure
* Pietersite Pendant (please critique) passifloracaerulea 642 10 09/18/15 07:08 AM
by passifloracaerulea
* Psy FIMO jewelry () fractals () mandala's () colors () patterns ()> Awesome stuff jewelry <() eline clandestine 149 3 05/10/16 06:38 AM
by eline clandestine
* ka gold jewelry DoctorJ 677 2 05/27/06 10:59 AM
by DoctorJ
* George W. Smokes a Doobie - cut coin pendant Jessica Swift 292 1 03/05/12 10:02 AM
by vinsue
* Feedback On Jewelry Please passifloracaerulea 579 16 07/17/15 02:31 AM
by Psychonautica
* Prices Dramatically Dropped On Wireweaved Jewelry/Gems. new2shroomzz 328 4 05/09/15 05:12 PM
by passifloracaerulea

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,063 topic views. 4 members, 9 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.