Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: AA: Powerlessness [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #22352986 -

MarkostheGnostic said:
I think there are different answers to your question. Didactic therapy could only occur on low doses, the so-called 'Psycholytic Psychotherapy' http://www.amazon.com/LSD-Psychotherapy-Exploration-Psychedelic-Psycholytic/dp/0394172779/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444375119&sr=8-1&keywords=psycholytic+therapy%2C+caldwell wherein one could still do analytic work. On the opposite end of the continuum would be the high dose therapy that Stan Grof used, wherein the therapist is more of an emotional support system while the subject undergoes the extremes of height and depth. Only later does [s]he serve the interpretive processing. The dosage level will determine what forms of traditional psychotherapy (e.g., Gestalt, Jungian, Transpersonal, Pastoral, etc.) as well as the breadth of experience of the therapist. One thing that should clearly NOT be employed is the foisting of a particular idiom on a subject. A friend I had known since nursery school threw me out of his parents' house at night in a snowstorm on a trip because he felt I was getting too personal. I phoned him 8 years later, and he STILL held a grudge, which I think is clearly pathological. But he broke off all contact since 1976. Inquiry without invitation is obviously a negative. :shrug:



In my mind you'd start with psycholytic doses to acclimate the client into the psychedelic space, and then work your way up to a fully psychedelic dose.  It wouldn't be a one session  thing. :shrug:  It might be a reckless thing to do to just give somebody 250ug of LSD first, why not start w/ half that and try to promote open hearted discussion, the fully psychedelic experience is an alone thing in my experience, where a trip guide can sort of point you back to the clear light, as is mentioned in The Psychedelic Experience.


--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AA: Powerlessness [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #22353220 -

Jokeshopbeard said:
As some here know, my wife is currently in rehab undergoing some variation of the 12 step program (the 'Minnesota' method apparently).

I was contacted by one of the therapists there the other day who asked me to write a 'consequences' letter regarding the way in which her addiction has impacted me. I spent several hours doing so, only be be asked to write another as it obviously didn't fit the bill of what they wanted. In the exact words they gave me:

"The first stage of treatment is very much focussed on her understanding of powerlessness over her addictions so could you please write another letter"

Now personally, I see zero basis for this prognosis in my exploration of life. I was wondering if anyone here might have any opinions or understanding of this supposed 'powerlessness'?

I've been addicted to a few things in my time and at no point did I feel 'powerless' over my addictions.

Is it just an absolute crock of shite, or am I missing something here?



LOL ask a heroin user how much power THEY feel over their addiction. Go and ask a gambler whose about to gamble their lifesavings or house away for the thrill of their habit how powerful over it he feels, or the shopper etc etc. I mean wtf are you talking about?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AA: Powerlessness [Re: zzripz]
    #22353982 -

:archiebunker: wow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AA: Powerlessness [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #22354208 -

CosmicJoke said:
It might be a reckless thing to do to just give somebody 250ug of LSD first, why not start w/ half that and try to promote open hearted discussion, the fully psychedelic experience is an alone thing in my experience, where a trip guide can sort of point you back to the clear light, as is mentioned in The Psychedelic Experience.



The notion that somehow giving someone psychedelics will cure alcoholism didn't work for Bill W.  Why should it work for Cosmic J?  If the CIA couldn't brainwash folks with LSD and make it "work", why would anyone else be able to turn that trick?

Quitting alcohol requires exactly the opposite of powerlessness.  It requires an individual to first want to quit, then to actually work towards regaining their power.  To deny personal power is to rely on others to somehow "give" you power.  That doesn't work. 

The other basic "problem" with AA is that the focus is on the substance that is causing the problem!  What a retarded focus.  "My name is Lunar, and I'm an alcoholic.  Allow me to take up some of your time to tell you how I used to drink alcohol, but now I don't drink alcohol, because every day I don't have an ice cold beer is another day without alcohol.  In fact, I don't even think about an ice cold beer after mowing the yard on a hot day.  Not once, because I am a powerless alcoholic who has to come here to rely on others for the strength to succeed."

Amen.


--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Irrational Views in Psychotherapy MushroomTrip 605 6 10/28/09 10:39 PM
by Mufungo
* AA/NA's "Cure" for Addiction
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Sclorch 7,359 88 01/24/05 10:03 AM
by Lightningfractal
* Psychotherapy dblaney 1,913 19 05/26/06 05:01 PM
by Icelander
* Powerless... Droz 517 12 07/19/05 09:34 AM
by redgreenvines
* My Own Personal Psilocybin Psychotherapy
( 1 2 3 all )
GGTBod 4,002 47 01/16/11 05:05 AM
by GGTBod
* concentration camps......
( 1 2 3 all )
tnecseda 2,889 49 09/13/04 05:47 PM
by gettinjiggywithit
* concentration OldWoodSpecter 835 6 07/18/06 08:46 PM
by OldWoodSpecter
* concentration camps in America?
( 1 2 3 all )
memory_nirvana 2,786 45 10/04/09 09:43 AM
by Icelander

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,456 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 63 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.