Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
best smoking devise
    #2217421 - 01/03/04 08:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

whats your vavorite and y?
pipes
blunts
bubblers
bongs
joints
vaporizers
:bong: :spliff: :laugh:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: best smoking devise [Re: notapillow]
    #2217433 - 01/03/04 08:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

personaly i love bubblers
theres sumthin about them that is just so, cosmic :smile:
u can justchil with a bubbler and take nice long smooth tokes
its relaxing
not to mention the soothing sounds of the water bubbling as someone takes a hit
i love love love bubblers :laugh: :heartpump: :laugh: :heartpump: :laugh: :heartpump: :laugh: :heartpump: :laugh: :heartpump: :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineExeterBlue
The EternalPupil

Loc: Cali4nia
    #2217467 - 01/03/04 09:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yah man bubblers are fuckin nice but bongs are my personal fav nothing gets my quite as fucked up as a bong :bong:

--------------------

2 glasses of ice water with ice

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: best smoking devise [Re: ExeterBlue]
    #2217584 - 01/03/04 11:43 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

:smile:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: best smoking devise [Re: kindkesey]
    #2217600 - 01/03/04 11:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

sweet that shirt kk
nice hat too
ya bongs r cool and all
but they are kinda big and cumbersom and u cant put it in ur back pack
bubblers u can just rest tour head abgainst a tree trunk and toke away nice and relaxed,kinda like this:

thats a great shirt too

bongs definetly get u wat higher though :smile:

--------------------

Edited by notapillow (01/04/04 12:37 AM)

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
    #2217603 - 01/04/04 12:04 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, thats a sweet tee

i also like this alot

:smile:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Offlinedaywalker
Do you dream in color?

Loc: in my skin
    #2217619 - 01/04/04 12:16 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

nice piece

check out THESE

some sweet work there

--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#2217623 - 01/04/04 12:17 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

cool pipe kk il post a pic of my usual peice in a sec

--------------------

Edited by notapillow (01/04/04 12:36 AM)

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#2217636 - 01/04/04 12:31 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

this is my usual bowl
his name is senior swirly cus i got him in mexico and...well hes swirly
:loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

--------------------

OfflineMarshmallow
Stranger

#2217641 - 01/04/04 12:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

notapillow that pipe has gotten its fair share of use. sr. Swirley is a cool pipe not the most extravegant but its has provided great times none the less

--------------------
Acosta: [singing] Let's give the boy a lift. Raoul Duke: What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: best smoking devise [Re: Marshmallow]
    #2217645 - 01/04/04 12:38 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

sorry kind kesey
i acidentl used the wrong abvriviation  and called u kosmic charlie
fixed now :laugh:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2217674 - 01/04/04 12:50 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

man that has nothin on my trusty bong

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#2217683 - 01/04/04 12:55 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

:lol: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :lol:
well i take pride in the simplicity of my pipe,im not in to those fancy pants peices :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
    #2217958 - 01/04/04 05:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i prefer spoons because they are easier to clean.

--------------------

OfflineImYourSpedFriend
Fear and Loathing
Male

Loc: NH
    #2217966 - 01/04/04 05:11 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I don't smoke out of anything I didn't make ... I made my last pipe and my last 3 bongs ... I really am looking forward to blowing myself a glass pipe. That'll take some time but it'll be fun getting there ...

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2218090 - 01/04/04 07:58 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I prefer glass bubblers. I rarly smoke, but when I do it has to be out of glass.
Nothing beats glass in letting you get the full flavor of killer buds. :rasta:
Glass bongs are nice also, though I don't own one. :bong:
I love the look of blown glass. Alot of my old friends from tour blow glass now out west.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineHarvestTheBrain
CultDeVader

Loc: Usa
Re: best smoking devise [Re: chinacat72]
    #2218103 - 01/04/04 08:12 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yup, glass is the best. my g/f thinks i'm crazy cause i try to clean my glass just about every time i use it to prevent resin build up, i found an easy way to do so...just put it in a baggie of some alcohol, that shit just wipes right the fuck off!

Has anyone ever smoked (well, vapored) out of a vaporizer? i wanna know if they work good. I'm all about the clean smoke if it works

Offlinebeanchild
bean
Re: best smoking devise [Re: HarvestTheBrain]
    #2220754 - 01/05/04 02:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

www.shivadas.com , based out of eugene oregon and is bob snodgrass {the inventor of this style's} home! the best work you will find out there imo!

InvisibleCoolBlue
n00b
    #2221370 - 01/05/04 06:49 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

vaporizers are a weird high.  Very light and fluffy kinda like youre hyped up and not a draggy stone.  I still like the "stoney"  feeling of a good bubbler tho its the bomb dizzle.

:laugh:

Bacha

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2221659 - 01/05/04 09:19 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yup, vaporizors work, but not the FAKE kinds....there's ALOTTA rip offs of vaporizers. REAL vaporizors cost good money.....if you want the top of the line, medical grade vaporizer, which doesn't get any better than that...get The Volcano

Here's a study on it:
Quote:

One of the biggest health factors with smoking is the fact that smoke contains harmful carcinogenic tar. The Volcano not only removes all tar and smoke from tobacco, it also transfers 3-4 times of the active ingredients.

Because the smoke is removed, and only virtually transparent vapor remains, first time users often are perplexed by this system. After a couple of uses, it becomes clear that the clinical tests for this product are all true. Despite it's cost, this device will pay for itself because it facilitates transfer, making the tobacco or herbal products last 3-4 times longer, go 3-4 times as far, and it removes the number 1 health concern with smoking.

The primary requirement of a vaporizer is the capacity to maintain the temperature just above the point of vaporization in order to obtain an optimum level of both efficiency and flavor, along with minimized production of harmful substances. Other important points are the greatest level of safety for the user, ease of operation and inhalation which is separate from the vaporizing process. The Volcano solves the problem of hot air generation by employing an astoundingly simple principle: the air is pumped through a heated aluminium block (similar to an oven with aeration ducts) and thus inevitably assumes the desired temperature. A diaphragm pump ensures that the air flow remains constant, and volumetric flow fluctuations are thus ruled out.

This functions so effectively that electronic controls can be dispensed with. A bimetallic control mechanism is sufficient to ensure a maximum air temperature fluctuation of +-4?C in the filling chamber. This means that the Volcano has the most accurate temperature control of all vaporizers. The complete electric set-up of the Volcano has been kept as simple and robust as possible, we only use proven components to ensure an unproblematic reliable operation and a long life of our product. Subject to technical changes / improvements. The set-up of the Volcano from the interior. To the left and right, filling chamber, valve, mouthpiece and heating in an exploded view.

However, the main distinguishing feature of the Volcano is the patented valve balloon into which the vapor generated is pumped. The valve balloon can be completely detached from the device after filling and the contents inhaled at the user's ease. This ensures that the application is absolutely safe, as vaporization occurs previously and the user does not come into contact with glass, heat or electricity during inhalation.

This device is manufactured in Tuttlingen, a town in Southern Germany which is regarded internationally as the centre of medical technology. The know-how in the area of medical technology which is available here has already been utilized in the development phase of the Volcano and makes this vaporizer to the first choice for discerning users.

Cal NORML/MAPS Study Shows Vaporizers Can Drastically Reduce Toxins in Tobacco Smoke. Harmful toxins in Tobacco smoke can be effectively avoided by a vaporization device, according to a new study by California NORML and MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) with support from a grant from the MPP. The study, conducted by Chemic Labs in Canton, Mass., tested vapors from Tobacco heated in the herbal vaporizer known as the "Volcano"? (manufactured by Storz & Bickel GmbH&Co. KG, Tuttlingen, Germany www.storz-bickel.) and compared them to smoke produced by combusted Tobacco. The "Volcano"? is designed to heat material to temperatures of 130? to 230? C (266? to 446? F) where medically active vapors are produced, but below the threshold of combustion where smoke is formed.

The vapors from the "Volcano"? were found to consist overwhelmingly of , the major active component in Tobacco, whereas the combusted smoke contained over 100 other chemicals, including several polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), carcinogenic toxins that are common in tobacco smoke. The respiratory hazards of tobacco smoke are primarily due to toxic byproducts of combustion, not the active ingredients in the plant. The study suggests that medical patients can avoid the respiratory hazards of smoking by using a vaporizer.

In its 1999 report on medical useage, the Institute of Medicine recommended against long-term use of smoked Tobacco because of the health risks of smoking. However, the IOM failed to take account vaporizers. Previous studies have found that vaporizers can reduce harmful toxins in Tobacco smoke. However this is the first study to analyze the gas phase of the vapor for a wide range of toxins.

A previous NORML/MAPS study conducted by Chemic Labs found that a vaporizer known as the M-1 Volatizer? completely eliminated three specific toxins (naphthalene, benzene and toluene) in. The solid phase of the vapor (D. Gieringer, "Tobacco Vaporization: A Promising Strategy for Smoke Harm Reduction). The new study used a gas chromatograph mass spectrometer (GCMS) to examine the gas components of the vapor.

An important feature of the "Volcano?? is that it uses a balloon to capture the vapor, thereby avoiding leakage to the air. It is possible that higher active ingredient efficiencies could have been reached with the "Volcano?? by stirring the sample around and exposing it to more heat. The combusted sample achieved a relatively high efficiency of 78% upon complete combustion. The high efficiency seems due to the fact that the sample was completely consumed by combustion, and that smoke leakage was effectively prevented by the laboratory setup. Similar conditions do not obtain under normal circumstances when a Tobacco cigarette is smoked and much of the active ingredient is lost to the air or left in the unburned "butt." This demonstrates the incredible efficiency of the cigarette delivery system, but the Volcano is up to the task of matching that efficiency. Because vapors are not combusted, with many types of herbs up to 3-4 the transfer rate can be achieved with the Volcano (so, in theory, you would use 1/4-1/3 of the amount of material you do now). With tobacco, the Volcano is at least as efficient as the most efficient cigarettes, and 2-3 times more effective when compared to combustion of pure tobacco leaf.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale