Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinechewie
Stranger

Loc: southern NJ
anyone have a good recipe for mushroom tea?
    #2197873 - 12/23/03 03:38 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i remember reading about mushroom tea in high times years ago. i can't seem to find any recipies for it here, anyone have a good one?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: anyone have a good recipe for mushroom tea? [Re: chewie]
    #2198042 - 12/23/03 04:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

crush shooms and put them in a cup. pour hot water over them and let them steep. you've got tea :grin:
you should eat pieces of shrooms too. :laugh:

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: anyone have a good recipe for mushroom tea? [Re: stefan]
    #2198157 - 12/23/03 06:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

shrooms+hot water=shroom tea... once its cooled you can add koolaid

Edited by mindcandy (12/23/03 06:04 PM)

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: anyone have a good recipe for mushroom tea? [Re: buckwheat]
    #2201415 - 12/26/03 12:26 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Check trip tips but diploid has a good one. Grind them into powder, make a normal good tasting tea, add lemon, honey, w/e other good/sweet things you like in your tea and when its not too hot throw in the powder and mix well :mushroom2:

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Loc: Hawaii
    #2201600 - 12/26/03 03:26 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Not sure about dried shroom tea but I guess it would work equally as well as wet shroom tea. The Chinese or Japanese teapots that are available with a metal mesh screen that sits inside the rim of the teapot that prevents ingredients from slipping in the water is most beneficial. Last time I made it took about 30 fresh cys pulled them apart in pieces and poured boiling hot water over them in the teapot with the Celestial Seasonings Ginkgo Sharp teabags with it. The Ginkgo gives the brain an added jolt stimulating neuron responses enhanced with the shrooms makes a really good fast acting high very clear. There are some other herbs they put in the tea bags that gives it some flavor. I have experienced that Ginkgo is the way to go. Whatever brand you get. Let the hot water sit in the pot for about 15 -20 minutes; bottoms up. Sometimes I take and drink a cup every 15 minutes and squish the juice out of the soggy shrooms in the bottom of the screen mesh on the last cup.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2201907 - 12/26/03 11:48 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Boil water and then turn water off, drop shrooms into tea, wait 20 minutes and drink. However you lose over half the high in a up of tea, soup, or smoothie.
and in food some lose is also expected.

Even you make a tea you only get the psilocine since it is water soulable. You lose half the high but rhe come on very fast.

All shrooms should be consumed in a 20 to 20 minutre period allowing the high to come on slow. Meaning it takes 15 to 20 minutes or more to drink your tea/.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2201908 - 12/26/03 11:48 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

oops! Dopuble post.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (12/26/03 11:49 AM)

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: anyone have a good recipe for mushroom tea? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2201946 - 12/26/03 12:18 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

However you lose over half the high in a up of tea, soup, or smoothie.

Even you make a tea you only get the psilocine since it is water soulable. You lose half the high but rhe come on very fast.

psilocybin is water soluable, as well as a number of other indoles in mushrooms (non-active) what would make you think you lose half the high? Because you don't. In your theroy if you made tea out of dried mush it would be inactive since most of the psilocin has already oxidized. Even if you just meant the lenght of the trip is cut in half, ime that is also incorrect, I dunno where you come up with this stuff.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
    #2201975 - 12/26/03 12:37 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Boil water and then turn water off, drop shrooms into tea, wait 20 minutes and drink. However you lose over half the high in a up of tea, soup, or smoothie.
and in food some lose is also expected.

All shrooms should be consumed in a 20 to 20 minutre period allowing the high to come on slow. Meaning it takes 15 to 20 minutes or more to drink your tea/.

mj

whered u read that?? do u have a link?? i find i trip way harder but its way shorter...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: anyone have a good recipe for mushroom tea? [Re: John]
    #2202147 - 12/26/03 02:16 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

I meant to say Psilocybine is water soluable, not psilocine.

However, your body needs to convert the psilocybine through amination into psilocine which occurs when eaten raw or dried and once in liquid it will not convert.

I asked Sasha about this years ago.

However, a lot of the high is lost since you do not get the psilocine already in the shrooms which you would get by eating them.

mj

Tea is still not a good method of ingestion.

nor is food.

Since you are of Western origin and most of us from these regions of the world ignore the Mazatec ceremonial methods and/or resoning behing the mazatec use of these mushrooms and how they eat them, many do not realize that The Mazatecs and others in Oaxaca and Mesoamerica have been doing the mushrooms for more than 3000 years and there must be a reason for the way they do them.

And they take a half an hour or so to eat a dosage whether it is one shroom or twenty shrooms and they also use to take them with chocolate or honey. And still took a while to eat them. So do the Peyotiests of the southwest USA and norther and central Mexico, or at least two hundred muiles into mexico, the indians also take up top an half hour to longer to ingest 4-6 buttons so the body ies central nervous system will not be shocked by a fast onslaught of symptoms.

mj

mjshroomer

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2202203 - 12/26/03 03:10 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

I agree that you lose some of the magic when making tea and eating is the best way, but you certanily don't lose half the potency, taking with chocolate makes sence since it's a mild maoi (I believe?) I don't know about the statement about not converting once in liquid since logic would say once it gets into your stomach it would be in an acidic liquid (so to speak) but sasha is a reliable source so I guess logic failed me today :tongue:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflinePsilozero
StonedGuitar/BassPlayer

Loc: mile high
    #2205665 - 12/28/03 02:33 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

I just had some mushroom tea between me and my 2 room-mates the other day. It was only about 2 grams, made into exactly 3 cups, mixed with 3 green-tea bags. We all tripped very nicely, and the mushrooms after we drank the tea. The tea tasted good, it was awesome.

--------------------
http://myspace.com/thevoid

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: anyone have a good recipe for mushroom tea? [Re: Psilozero]
    #2205865 - 12/28/03 05:10 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

I put three cups of water in a pot, bring to a boil. I then grind dried shrooms in small pieces with scisors and let boil for 8-10 minutes. I then fill a first cup with a small strainer so mushroom pieces dont fall in the cup.

I make a second extraction by boiling the shroom again in the remaining water for another 8-10 minutes. I then fill the remaining water in a second cup. Due to evaporation, theres no remaining water for a 3rd cup.

For taste, i simply use a tisane bag.

I did this many times with 2 grams dried and recently tried with 3.5 grams dried. I find that teas are really fast to come up but are somewhat weaker. Trips usually last for 3 hours, and the high isn't very strong but still quite enjoyable.

I always recommend tea for a first time. You don't have the nausea at all and it is somewhat easier to handle if not experienced with shrooms..

.fs.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience