Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
any agur teks that work great for people.
    #21931938 -

I'm having a hard time find a aguer tek I understand the basics of it I'm still a noob and am working with ms. But I wpuld like to move to agur seeing as it is more cost effective and looks to be a smarter way to fight contams. Any links of teks you use would be great. Or any advice will help greatly. Thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: ralph larun]
    #21931943 -

Look up pastys no pour tek.


--------------------


Trade list in journal (partially under construction; more to be added)


Don't judge a man by what kinda shoes he in, judge a man on where that man's shoes been.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: mushmagic]
    #21931956 -

Thanks mush much appriciated. That's why I like this forum I ask questions and can get a reliable answer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: ralph larun]
    #21931992 -

Happy to help:)


--------------------


Trade list in journal (partially under construction; more to be added)


Don't judge a man by what kinda shoes he in, judge a man on where that man's shoes been.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: mushmagic]
    #21931996 -

Pasty's is a great place to start. Many people move to pour teks but they require a bit more skill. Pasty's is pretty fool proof at least until you inoculate...but that's just just inherent with opening any sterile container.


--------------------
"Wasn't that fun"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: OPB]
    #21932006 -

Well I would hope that my still air box that I'm working on at the momnet would help regulate the posabilite of contams. And with agur matiral I should be able to noc up more jaws correct since it only takes one hypl knot to colinize a jar correct? Or would cloning be a safer route.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: ralph larun]
    #21933231 -

When searching the site, make sure that your type the word "agar". You're sure to get better search results. I have no idea what "Agur" even is... :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: Green Bastard]
    #21933260 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: bodhisatta]
    #21933455 -

pasty plates are easy because you can get all the material to work with locally without having to wait for supplies in the mail.

if your lucky enough to have a brew store near you, you can find plates, agar, supplies. but if not, some grocery stores and asian grocery stores carry agar agar and glad mini rounds.

ive used agar and plates for 15 plus years. but i hate ordering shit online. its always convenient to be able to find supplies locally.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19208976/fpart/1/vc/1

the best part is you can re use those mini rounds over and over. but, visibility is not as clear as you would have in standard clear plates.


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: bodhisatta]
    #21933491 -

Pasty's Easy Agar Tek in my signature....  easy as it gets...noob friendly and great for more advanced as well.  :thumbup:

It's so easy and works so well I haven't even tried a pour method yet.
I just keep using Pasty's TEK...

Like Pasty's post says... I as well was intimidated to learn agar... then I found out how easy it can be...


--------------------
"They who can give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lets Grow Mushrooms Videos
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar TEK
Agar's Liquid Inoculant TEK

Edited by FreeWorldOrder (07/12/15 01:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: eatyualive]
    #21933841 -

eatyualive said:
visibility is not as clear as you would have in standard clear plates.




I have gotten a few very clear PP5 containers recently, they were all larger than I would want for agar but I reckon there is a good container out there waiting to be found.

These ones look nice, it says transparent and some of their other items say "semi transparent", so its possibly the more clear type

http://www.ampulla.co.uk/Clear-Plastic-Food-Pots-&-Tubs/160ml-Clear-Round-Flat-Pot-and-Lid/p-206-1846/

here is a semitransparent one and it does look more cloudy, in the previous link you can see the stamping on the base pretty clearly
http://www.ampulla.co.uk/Clear-Plastic-Food-Pots-&-Tubs/130ml-Clear-Square-Food-Pot-&-103mm-TE-Lid-/p-206-3531/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: blackout]
    #21933850 -

you mean like the PP and other autoclavable dishes they've been making for years?

http://www.thomassci.com/Laboratory-Supplies/Petri-Dishes/_/PLASTIC-REUSABLE-PETRI-DISHES?q=Autoclavable%20Petri%20Dishes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: bodhisatta]
    #21933952 -

bodhisatta said:
you mean like the PP and other autoclavable dishes they've been making for years?

http://www.thomassci.com/Laboratory-Supplies/Petri-Dishes/_/PLASTIC-REUSABLE-PETRI-DISHES?q=Autoclavable%20Petri%20Dishes



No, those cost a fortune, I have never seem reusable plastic petris at a good price, have you? Those are nearly $13 each if buying 10, for the same price as 10 you get 570 of the others

Besides price I also prefer snap on lids as I am often transporting them about, it also means it can be filtered much easier and so heat treated in a microwave easily.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any agur teks that work great for people. [Re: ralph larun]
    #21934315 -

ralph larun said:
I'm having a hard time find a aguer tek



Type it correctly and the search engine works much better! AGAR


--------------------
Trade List

How I make 15 lbs of casing in a 941. How I line 12 shoeboxes with 1 39gal bag. How I Deep Fry Cubes!
RogerRabbit said:You need a bigger pressure cooker for this hobby. RR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A new tek TheMadHatter 886 8 08/14/01 02:50 AM
by hatter
* shroomWizard's tek revisted psylo330 3,624 2 07/12/01 12:05 PM
by psylo330
* Re: I Need a Good Casing TEK Anonymous 13,064 4 04/16/00 01:06 PM
by Psychonaut
* bluhoney Start to finish tek bluhoney 6,247 13 04/05/02 10:20 AM
by SouthernGent
* Autoclave Teks ? rougepark 1,392 6 12/04/12 09:02 PM
by tropicalfrenzy
* *NEW* Alien Broth Tek --- with pictures! metaophion 4,699 16 06/24/03 12:46 PM
by metaophion
* Some bulk teks for people too try bluhoney 7,649 5 09/06/02 02:50 AM
by goatywoaty
* Oven-Bag Pasteurization "Tek" Pictorial angryshroom 22,474 8 04/02/03 09:16 AM
by pillsbury420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
525 topic views. 17 members, 88 guests and 185 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.