Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemitemouse
Student

High Mountain Compost? Yield? with or without straw?
    #2184401 - 12/17/03 03:03 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

how should i use high mountain compost? Can i just put it in a huge Rubbermaid and throw a fully colonized grain mycobag in the bin? Is there any other steps i would need to do and would i need to use straw with this bulk grow? How much spawn would i need to colonize 20 lbs of HMC? And what kind of yields am i looking at with this procedure?
Thanks to anyone who can help me with these questions!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineforevrgrounded98
Stranger

Re: High Mountain Compost? Yield? with or without straw? [Re: mitemouse]
    #2184938 - 12/17/03 11:25 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

welp, all this stuff is in the FAQ's but i think its gay when people give you shit about looking through them for hours and hours and hours just to find what ur lookin for. Put the HMC in a big rubbermaid, crumble ur mycobag real fine (I would reccomend a cheese grater if you have it) and mix them in together. You can use straw if you want to fluff the mix up some since you dont want everything to be real compact or the mycelium will grow slowly or not at all, but if you dont have straw, dont worry about it. I always use a 5:1 compost to spawn mix, for me, anything else takes too long. Shrooms are supposed to love that HMC shit so you'll probably be lookin at a ton of big, heavy shrooms. Remember that after that rubbermaid full of HMC and spawn colonizes, you still need to add a casing layer for moisture. Make sure everything is done real sterile or you'll have an entire rubbermaid full of contamed crap and i hear that HMC is mighty pricey so you dont want that. Good luck.
-matt

--------------------
"If I don't see ya before the end of this one, I'll meet ya in the next one and don't be late" - Jimi Hendrix

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation