Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Favorite role models/idols?
    #21752785 -

I'm going to be cheesy and start off with saying my mother is my greatest hero, albeit maybe not role model. Anyways here is my list...in no particular order

Albert hoffman
Einstein
Alex grey
Charles Darwin
Aldous Huxley
Stephen LaBerge
Thome Yorke and many many many musicians such as jerry garcia, hendrix and that Era of psychedelic rock and even now with modern amazing musicians.

Let's just say I'm really into phish and all related bands, but not many actual idols I find myself obsessing over. Used to be crazy about ween though and now all these awesome jam electronic bands like spongle the werks dopapod etc... off track

Bill Nye
carl sagan
Neil degrade Tyson
Creators and film producers of nature documentaries

I know I have a few books at home I'd like to include the authors of... but the purpose of this thread is for role models or idols that you have a special connection with and inspires you. I'm sure there are many more people I would feel supremely connected with but in my time and experience, these people have impacted my life the greatest so far



Chris dyer and Stephen ferris recently (just love their artwork and they're becoming big it seems)
I have a juxtapoz psychedelic art book but i cant remember my favorite artists besides Grey. I can come back and repost if anyone is interested in other random related idols I listed above.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite role models/idols? [Re: Heisencybin]
    #21752834 -

Henry David Thoreau is my idol.


--------------------
Utwiddle.net

In order to act like a king, one need only treat everyone else like one.

BUMP THIS THREAD EVERYTIME YOU SEE IT

Join the Anarchy Camp!  Down with Oppression!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite role models/idols? [Re: TheMovement]
    #21752849 -

About a billion comedians. Way too many to name any specific ones lol. Louie, Stanhope, Chappelle, Rogan, Hicks, Carlin off the very top of my head.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite role models/idols? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #21752880 -

martin atkins. i wish he was my dad. he has inspired me in so many ways its just rediculous


--------------------
->$10 FLOW HOOD ALTERNATIVE <-

. i cleaned a mold contaminated live culture and saved it. (might have useful applications)

[quote]Enlil said:
I'd be the guy with thousands of minions doing my bidding and all of the hot women locked in a cage for my use.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite role models/idols? [Re: rxb]
    #21752885 -

tom brady or lorin ashton


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite role models/idols? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #21752900 -








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite role models/idols? [Re: Dilsnique]
    #21752918 -

Former basketball coach Dean Smith, RIP. For NC natives he was much bigger than basketball, and certainly he saw life as much bigger than basketball.

He was the antithesis of the "win at all cost" mentality and a big part of the reason I only applied to one college. (I was accepted as a HS junior so I didn't have to worry about not getting in).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite role models/idols? [Re: Heisencybin] * 1
    #21752943 -

Role models are like your favorite restaurant...theyre all great but stay out of the kitchen. Once you really get to know somebody you realize that theyre just regular ol' jerkoffs like yourself. I could list tons of people who impress me with their work (chemists, physicists, etc) but I wouldnt call any of them role models.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite role models/idols? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #21752972 -

Nelson Mandela.  (cue haters starting a smear campaign)


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite role models/idols? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #21752978 -

The quality I consider in a prospective "role model" is not their accomplishments but rather, how they comport themselves and treat others or display kindness and selflessness toward their fellow human beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite role models/idols? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #21752986 -

I never had role models outside of my family. There was always people I thought produced some cool stuff like music. Stuff I seriously appreciated, but Ive never idolized anyone for that, and I always found it kind of odd that people could.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite role models/idols? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #21753065 -

I_was_the_walrus said:
Role models are like your favorite restaurant...theyre all great but stay out of the kitchen. Once you really get to know somebody you realize that theyre just regular ol' jerkoffs like yourself. I could list tons of people who impress me with their work (chemists, physicists, etc) but I wouldnt call any of them role models.




soooooooo true, oh man. I take comfort in knowing that tho.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Do you have a "role-model?" (or someone you admire)
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 1,846 24 02/11/05 01:04 AM
by Scarfmeister
* Favorite female rocker of the 90's?
( 1 2 3 all )
2Experimental 4,294 57 01/22/05 08:43 PM
by Supernova
* American Idol- who watches this show?
( 1 2 all )
Jellric 3,134 20 05/27/04 10:36 PM
by RunDMT
* Favorite pictures from the 60's
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Ripple 5,868 68 04/21/03 07:34 AM
by Ripple
* Favorite actors
( 1 2 all )
HagbardCeline 2,814 33 09/01/03 05:39 PM
by JuggaJoe
* Poll: what kind is your favorite kind of Pornography? Jenny 2,831 15 06/09/03 03:53 PM
by Larrythescaryrex
* Bob Dylan off of the artistic role call? Adom 1,078 9 03/31/04 08:04 PM
by Anonymous
* My life as a male model Scarfmeister 1,533 12 11/08/04 12:39 AM
by CaRnAgECaNdY

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
671 topic views. 5 members, 16 guests and 171 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.