Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: musiclover420]
    #21618778 -

Santana


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #21618804 -

Like I said earlier I think technical skill and creativity are the most important aspects. I should have been more specific but I am very out of it :stoned:

Here is another Kim Se Hwang video, this one is him playing Vivaldi's Four Seasons live on electric guitar with supporting strings. Pretty intense stuff.


Its like classical rock metal :lol:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: musiclover420]
    #21618896 -

Gotta go with Dave Mustaine in person he is a total dick but when he sets his mind to it he can rip shit up. :thatsayes:


--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Re: r00tuuu123]
    #21618984 -

cant beleive no one has mentioned him yet.

  but scott murawski is by far the best guitar player on the face of this earth. no one, can or will play guitar or do the things he can on a guitar ever.
>


--------------------
its that bitter-sweet-sour, electric-smooth-twang. everything you ever have, are. or will feel along with every emotion, joy, hate, love, fear or aspiration burning down your nerves and into the fabric of your place in this existence at ten thousand degrees above and below zero will you find yourself wondering if you've been dead or alive this whole time. being born over and over only to die over and over hoping the wheel stops in the same place it started when you spun it, and when it finally does and you can step back and take a nice deep breath you realize how beautiful life is, remember, wake up to the most beautiful day of your life every single day, its just the way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Re: whitelights] * 1
    #21619046 -

Adam Jones  from TOOL


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: r00tuuu123]
    #21619057 -

r00tuuu123 said:
Gotta go with Dave Mustaine in person he is a total dick but when he sets his mind to it he can rip shit up. :thatsayes:



I wouldn't say he's the best guitarist but I think he's definitely the best frontman

Marty Friedman could play circles around him


--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #21619093 -

Alex Machacek

Session:


Live band:


(PS: first one of the live set i think was too soft for most people, so i changed it)

i'd love to see an Alex Machacek clinic.

... i gotta work on my scale runs. :uhoh:

Edited by akira_akuma (04/30/15 08:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21619124 -

Sum goods.



--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Re: Lucis]
    #21619166 -

Don Ross


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Re: stratocast]
    #21619191 -

David Torn




why hasn't anybody mentioned... oh ya, that's right... Shroomery.  :uhno:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21619201 -

Stevie Ray Vaughn.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Re: Amanita86]
    #21619234 -

Amanita86 said:
Stevie Ray Vaughn.



:manofapproval:


--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #21619266 -

Acaterpillar said:
Best in taste, or technique?
Taste is subjective, technique is a little more objective.

As someone who is friends with several snobby guitarists, I would say Paco de Lucia probably had the best technique.

Here's some shit:




good choice. underrated. :thumbup:

PS: DZ, Hillage, yes sir!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #21620161 -

OhMrJohnson said:
r00tuuu123 said:
Gotta go with Dave Mustaine in person he is a total dick but when he sets his mind to it he can rip shit up. :thatsayes:



I wouldn't say he's the best guitarist but I think he's definitely the best frontman

Marty Friedman could play circles around him


:lolsy: thats like saying Eddie Van halen is better than Joe Satriani.:lol:


--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: r00tuuu123]
    #21620175 -

In terms of frontmen, Jim Morrison was in a different league.. 

...I know, I know, back to the guitarists.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: musiclover420]
    #21620240 -

musiclover420 said:
I would have to lean towards one of these two right now:


T-SQUARE & Dimension - Truth - Live in Seoul

so jazztastic, that sax and EWI is too groovy



You posted a video of only non-guitarists soloing.  WTF? Hahaha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: Hippocampus]
    #21620309 -

Don't know if he's been mentioned yet, but Stevie ray Vaughn.

The only person that does Little Wing any justice.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: x Ju x]
    #21620312 -

spaghetti head joe


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: x Ju x]
    #21620324 -

x Ju x said:
Don't know if he's been mentioned yet, but Stevie ray Vaughn.

The only person that does Little Wing any justice.



That's what I'm saying.  He's the only person I've ever heard that could do hendrix covers.. I have a copy of Dimebag Darrel playing little wing that kicks ass.  And a copy of SRV tearing through Voodoo Chile.  It's good shit man.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: Hippocampus]
    #21620363 -

Yeah but the video is two different bands playing together, there is a lot of musicians to get in :lol: still some great guitar too.

Both those bands have amazing guitarists so I had to post a video of them playing together.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* looks like Tool is coming to "guitar hero"
( 1 2 all )
Bridgeburner 3,443 21 10/16/08 02:05 PM
by Bridgeburner
* Buying a Guitar
( 1 2 all )
Comfortably_Numb 5,178 33 12/07/04 05:24 PM
by Jim
* favorite living guitarist?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Nuggetpouch 6,903 106 09/11/09 02:33 PM
by supercollider
* Guitar players; how thick is the plectrum you use?
( 1 2 all )
LobsterSauceDiscord 3,320 38 03/01/10 08:26 PM
by nowwhoutthink
* What guitar do you have/want?
( 1 2 all )
stefan 3,641 20 11/13/03 02:01 PM
by Kremlin
* 8 year old guitar whiz gets picked on. LeftyBurnz 712 7 08/13/08 06:52 AM
by SneezingPenis
* Jimi Hendrix coming to 'Guitar Hero'
( 1 2 all )
dill705 3,263 38 08/05/08 11:56 AM
by metalmorph
* Guitar Players...I made this recording on a cool strat....
( 1 2 all )
starfire_xes 2,156 20 02/12/10 07:42 PM
by Envix

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,022 topic views. 9 members, 40 guests and 102 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.