Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Re: Servers who bitch about tippers. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #21602850 -

Prisoner#1 said:
r00tuuu123 said:
There is this big poster at your work  that has to be posted prominently that says what they have to pay you and last I looked I did not see any mention That the employer has to reimburse the difference.




are you really this naive?



Good luck gettin your reimbursement. It's cash how do you prove you did not make it?


--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Servers who bitch about tippers. [Re: r00tuuu123]
    #21602875 -

yeah shit, every cash tip i got id pocket and just beg "oh but i didnt make minimum wage today" then get a regular paycheck at minimum wage


--------------------
ModestMouse said:
"Much love for all of the regs here that's all I got to say
:goodnight: "

:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Servers who bitch about tippers. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #21604093 -

Prisoner#1 said:
1234go said:
TopPmz said:
I've never even seen a sonic carhop get tipped in my life.



When I used to visit sonic frequently, I tipped just about every single time.




where I live they're paid minimum wage





Yeah, doesn't mean i'm not going to tip.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Servers who bitch about tippers. [Re: Malcolm_Xtasy]
    #21604157 -

ballsalsa said:
The whole tipping system is BS.  I tip well, but it always bothers me that restaurant owners expect customers to subsidize their employee wages.  It's like a hidden tax on your food that only people with a conscience pay.  This allows the menu prices to be kept artificially low.  This would not be acceptable in other industries.  For instance, imagine that your water heater is busted.  Now imagine that "everyone knows" that water heater installers get paid minimum wage for an essential job.  Would you then be obligated to tip the installer?  How much? What about the mail-man?  would it be ok, for the post office to pay minimum wage, and expect the public to tip the mail-man out to make up for it?  It's all a way to keep menu prices artificially low by hiding a portion of the price as tips.  Fuck That.
Raise the goddamn menu price, and pay your fucking employees right.  No more tips, no more relying on tips.



Malcolm_Xtasy said:
But then you'll get shitty ass service :shrug:



I've found the opposite to be true.

In Japan, there's no tips in the service industry, especially food. Servers are paid a good living wage not this half of minimum wage bullshit. People will give you funny looks if you try to tip. 
In Japan, I also received the best customer service I've ever experienced in my life at most of these food places where tipping does not exist. The food isn't even really that much more expensive either, on average. Oh, but it is better.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Servers who bitch about tippers. [Re: Shroomism]
    #21604252 -

That could just have to do with the culture though.

I imagine results would be very different where tipping is common if it were just up and removed one day.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Servers who bitch about tippers. [Re: Shroomslip]
    #21604425 -

The culture does have something to do with it. Probably wouldn't be a big deal if waiters were just paid a living wage to begin with though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Servers who bitch about tippers. [Re: Shroomism]
    #21604459 -

Aside from the idiot "living wage" construct I would imagine that high end restaurants would be better off just raising the price 15-20% and raising the pay of their waiters.  The waiters in top restaurants make serious bank.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Servers who bitch about tippers. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21606693 -

I really, truly hate the concept of mandatory tipping.  If a server provides truly exemplary service and I feel the need to tip, that's one thing, otherwise they should still be able to earn a living regardless of whether a patron feels the need to provide extra income.  If they aren't performing their job function, fire them.  If they do an amazing job and earn an extra tip, that's no one's business but their own.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What's with cheap ass tippers?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
krypto2000 3,476 65 03/12/09 11:00 PM
by Hendostan
* Pizza delivery boys shouldnt smoke reefer....
( 1 2 3 all )
PaulAtreides 4,428 40 06/12/05 08:04 AM
by tomk
* What the fuck?! LNC bitches!!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
blissedout 14,348 229 09/22/05 01:35 AM
by Burke Dennings
* fucking bitches
( 1 2 all )
Eraserhead 3,280 28 10/09/06 07:32 PM
by Eraserhead
* Terence Mckenna streaming on my wma server. Fliquid 1,237 19 12/01/04 02:22 AM
by felix
* post your fruityloops idiotek 857 12 05/31/05 08:33 PM
by Trip_Messiah
* alli servers WOW KoOs 448 2 02/19/06 12:40 PM
by KoOs
* IRC Server
( 1 2 all )
trouted 3,180 29 02/09/05 02:26 PM
by delta9

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,454 topic views. 7 members, 12 guests and 118 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 15 queries.