Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck...
    #21440976 -

I have grown about 8 different batches, and they are ALL weak. I have used different substrates and different strains..including PE and APE. B+ and golden teacher...they are all weak.

I gave this kid some mushies and he texts me saying "where did you get those shrooms man? it seems like whoever you got them from grew them from one of those grow kits or something"

I get some feedback like that every single grow. I just don't get it.

Don't tell me its genetics because theres no way at this point. Its something else.

I have a feeling I should let my trays consolidate longer after they spawn to bulk. I use compost for the bulk.

its so frusterating...its like I put this time and effort into growing THEN more time into convincing people to do this spiritual act that will help them blah blah blah and I come out looking like an idiot because I can only grow weak ass mushrooms.


but when I buy "dealer shrooms" they kick my ass...


im about to quit growing. This sucks




I swear to the mother of mary if my homemade DMT sucks just like my shrooms I will kill a puppy


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Edited by Bill_Oreilly (03/21/15 08:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21440997 -

Post pictures of your shrooms. Do you pick them right as the veil breaks? Or do you wait for them to get tall and the caps get flat and huge?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: bigdaddy14]
    #21441004 -

I have tried both. But I never wait so long that the mushrooms drops its spores. Same results.

I would post a pic but they are all vacuumed sealed up and taped under the doors of my fridge. They are regular mushrooms picked right before/as the veil broke


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21441005 -

Bill_Oreilly said:
I have grown about 8 different batches, and they are ALL weak. I have used different substrates and different strains..including PE and APE. B+ and golden teacher...they are all weak.

I gave this kid some mushies and he texts me saying "where did you get those shrooms man? it seems like whoever you got them from grew them from one of those grow kits or something"

I get some feedback like that every single grow. I just don't get it.

Don't tell me its genetics because theres no way at this point. Its something else.

I have a feeling I should let my trays consolidate longer after they spawn to bulk. I use compost for the bulk.

its so frusterating...its like I put this time and effort into growing THEN more time into convincing people to do this spiritual act that will help them blah blah blah and I come out looking like an idiot because I can only grow weak ass mushrooms.


but when I buy "dealer shrooms" they kick my ass...


im about to quit growing. This sucks




I swear to the mother of mary if my homemade DMT sucks just like my shrooms I will kill a puppy



*Looks for a puppy for Bill O' Riley to sacrifice*

Jk, seriously though, I also wonder what variables may be at play in your situation.


--------------------
Pariahprose, an outcast even among the Devil's Demons.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Pariahprose]
    #21441019 -

and the crazy thing is, I would tell the people I give them too that I was giving them an 8th, and I would secretly give them like 4-4.5 grams. I made sure they were cracker dry VIA dehydrator on 96 temp dried for no longer than 24 hours.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21441225 -

I don't know man, My mushrooms are extremely potent. I have tripped hard from 2.5 grams. I literally got stuck in a time loop... What is your grain your using?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Achillita]
    #21441230 -

rye berries


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21441241 -

Genetics.
How much light are you giving them?
You may also consider picking a good couple days before the veil breaks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: StygianKnight]
    #21441277 -

its not genetics.

I give them 12/12 light. I follow everything to the T

the only thing I can think of is that I fruit my trays right when they get to 100% colonization.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 2
    #21441317 -

Maybe its because you are a weak ass person?


--------------------
Life begins on the other side of despair...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Grateful Dead]
    #21441363 -

Grateful Dead said:
Maybe its because you are a weak ass person?



That is just fucking mean.

Next, maybe just some TLC is in order. Maybe let your mushrooms listen to classical music or talk to them some. Hell, a study was done that showed that shrooms talked to other plants, so try giving them some different company ( that article is posted somewhere on shroomery).

Or maybe, just maybe...you should stop watching Bill O' Riley...I can see that stuntting a shrooms potency. Jking.


--------------------
Pariahprose, an outcast even among the Devil's Demons.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Pariahprose]
    #21441375 -

you just gave me an idea.

from now on, I will play the sweet tone of the one and only Sir William Oreilly to my growing mushrooms. This will certainly make them potent.

if im lucky, when I eat them I will be visited by the spirit of oreilly.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Pariahprose] * 6
    #21441377 -

Maybe you should start selling them, I've heard dealer shrooms are very potent.


--------------------
You know It's gonna get stranger, let's get on with the show

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Staplerhead]
    #21441427 -

Grateful dead has a point.

Ok so besides genetics, things that may or may not effect potency, temp, consolidation, light, stage they are picked.

Now speaking of genetics, it may be that not all your mushrooms are weak, just that they lean more to the weak side, given each fruit might have different genetics, you're looking at throwing the dice everytime thus those that are strong are drowned out and the average is weak.  This is one of the reasons for cloning.  Take a clone and isolate out some chunks, grow them out, taste them, the one you find more potent, go back and grow more of.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: StygianKnight]
    #21441494 -

:lol::congrats:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 2
    #21441509 -

You have shitty cultivation skills, how surprising :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 3
    #21441794 -

Bill_Oreilly said:
but when I buy "dealer shrooms" they kick my ass...






This dealer grade idea is getting old quickly, it is also creating a false idea that growing shrooms is difficult and glorifying dodgy dealers.

That said. I make sure I take one shroom from each grow to spread out the potency even from an isolate. This allows to even out the potency from grows months ago, with the latest grows, drying and storage variations etc. etc.

To this day I have no one complain about potency, plenty visuals etc.


--------------------



“With four hundred milligrams of moksha-medicine in their bloodstreams, even beginners
can catch a glimpse of the world as it looks to someone who has been liberated
from his bondage to the ego.”

Edited by Jeff Vader (03/22/15 02:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Jeff Vader]
    #21441942 -

Lol who even coined that term? Seriously everyone I met who sold shrooms was just some dude who grew a bunch and was spreading the joy. I don't think that when you sell the mushrooms that the amount of psilocybin and psilocin increases, unless the mushroom gods love their moneyz


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Gottaloveacid] * 1
    #21441948 -

Try growing them using mineral water, and play classical music for them. I don't know why some people think this is a joke, but plants can feel vibrations, they're alive. For some reason they love classical. Talk to them, build a relationship with them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 1
    #21441990 -

Isolate,grow cyan's or combine them with MAOI's (caapi,rue etc..)


--------------------


"No drug causes the fundamental ills of society. If we’re looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn’t test people for drugs— we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed, and love of power."  - PJ O’Rourke

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* trip sickness, a problem caused by way mushroom cultivated?
( 1 2 3 all )
MycoGlowFlow 6,292 57 08/16/03 09:08 AM
by soochi
* On mushroom extraction... esin 5,349 11 02/19/03 03:48 PM
by felix
* Homegrown vs. Picked Shrooms deadguy 3,623 9 04/15/06 10:50 AM
by ilovemushies
* Strange SIde Effects on Homegrown Cubensis FreakShow 2,780 19 12/04/02 05:13 PM
by slime_R
* Should I eat mushrooms right now? Dogomush 2,083 12 05/26/03 03:55 AM
by Fliquid
* EAting your homegrowns shroomizzy 863 7 01/03/03 03:08 AM
by shroomizzy
* Wild vs. Homegrown GoodOlBattonAss 926 3 04/04/03 02:18 PM
by Seuss
* dosage on my homegrown littlejohn747 1,181 8 11/07/03 03:22 AM
by littlejohn747

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
7,677 topic views. 1 members, 43 guests and 89 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.