Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Bassnectar is amazing * 1
    #21290680 -

I think I'm going to pop a Molly and listen to bassnectar later tonight

I've pretty much only been listening to bassnectar for the past year and a half

Why is bassnectar SO good?


--------------------
“But my dear man, reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: ieatpussyandbacon]
    #21290725 -

Probably because he gets paid so much for simple DJ gigs that he can afford to hire the best ghostwriters in the biz to make his studio productions for him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #21290731 -

No, Bassnectar is EDM


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: ieatpussyandbacon] * 1
    #21290735 -

My new favorite shroomerite!  :cookiemonster:  :elmo:

IDK man... I love the Nectar! I honest to god no joke listen to upwards of 3 hours of Nectar a day.
I've almost been to 50 shows been going since 09', every time I go I just get the insatiable need for more.

I can't wait for his new mixtape to come out, he said it would come out after the remix album but that was months ago now.
I've just been tiding myself over listing to tribute mixes like the one by Dj Hippo or JSTN.
If you don't know them i would HIGHLY recommend checking them out, they are almost on par with his life sets.

Dj Hippo - May Mix



This Friday I'll be seeing him at EDC Purto Rico, I can't fucking wait, it's been a long bitter two months since Nashville 360.

Are you going to Red Rocks!??!! Oh My God Red Rocks! :drooling:
I've seen him all across the country and there is hands down no place better place to see him.
That's where he really brings his A+++ game and treats us to goodies he doesn't elsewhere.

Goddamn you've got me all worked up and excited now...

:justcantwait:

Edited by SARAtonin (02/18/15 08:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #21290743 -

Burke Dennings said:
Probably because he gets paid so much for simple DJ gigs that he can afford to hire the best ghostwriters in the biz to make his studio productions for him.



^

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: koods]
    #21290744 -

I looked into it, bassnectar claims to be a band.  The Freak was right all along.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21290750 -

Im tryin to figure out why people like bassnectar myself...whats some good songs to check out?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: koods]
    #21290761 -

LOL, koods, check out this bassfreak quote below that I found in a related thread:

Bassfreak said:
Bassnectar is a fad...i bet half of his "fans" are there just for the scene and drugs...bassnectar blew the fuck up between cozza frenzy and timstretch...before that he wasnt that well known...i bet a LOT of his fans dont know any of his tunes before cozza frenzy dropped...if u went to his show and said "i Love LSD"...more people are gonna assume ur talking about the drug, instead of his track "LSD" (which is one of my favs by him)

not to burst your bubble, but i think dubstep and bassnectar is a fad...soon it will be onto the next thing and the only ones left are gonna be the people who were there before it got popular...not tryng to be a dick, i mean i love bassnectar, but i definitely think hes a fad, along with dubstep as a whole...ill still be here after tho

if and when he gets less popular, it will be so great to see him in small venues again, dropping older breakbeat/ambient style beats instead of only bass in your face...id love to see him producing older style beats to get his shitty new fans off his dick



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: berdinwall]
    #21290768 -

berdinwall said:
Im tryin to figure out why people like bassnectar myself...whats some good songs to check out?



Bassnectar isn't a song you can look up, it's something you have to experience.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: berdinwall]
    #21290774 -

I have never listened to Bassnectar in my life

Should I?


--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #21290783 -

freak on nectar, 2011:

Quote:
and he used to always have a ton of random songs to play live, like he doesnt even have that anymore...it seems like he replaced his secret tracks for tracks by bigger DJs, hes ALWAYS bumping other producers tunes like they are his (Flux's Gold Dust for example...sooo many people thought that was his track, cuz he dropped it so often)



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: SARAtonin]
    #21290800 -

SARAtonin said:
berdinwall said:
Im tryin to figure out why people like bassnectar myself...whats some good songs to check out?



Bassnectar isn't a song you can look up, it's something you have to experience.



I thought that might be the case, thats why I tried to look up some live stuff of his. but I think that probably didn't do it justice either. seeing as its all about the bass, and thats something you feel


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #21290823 -

Burke Dennings said:
freak on nectar, 2011:

Quote:
and he used to always have a ton of random songs to play live, like he doesnt even have that anymore...it seems like he replaced his secret tracks for tracks by bigger DJs, hes ALWAYS bumping other producers tunes like they are his (Flux's Gold Dust for example...sooo many people thought that was his track, cuz he dropped it so often)





Burke Dennings said:
LOL, koods, check out this bassfreak quote below that I found in a related thread:

Bassfreak said:
Bassnectar is a fad...i bet half of his "fans" are there just for the scene and drugs...bassnectar blew the fuck up between cozza frenzy and timstretch...before that he wasnt that well known...i bet a LOT of his fans dont know any of his tunes before cozza frenzy dropped...if u went to his show and said "i Love LSD"...more people are gonna assume ur talking about the drug, instead of his track "LSD" (which is one of my favs by him)

not to burst your bubble, but i think dubstep and bassnectar is a fad...soon it will be onto the next thing and the only ones left are gonna be the people who were there before it got popular...not tryng to be a dick, i mean i love bassnectar, but i definitely think hes a fad, along with dubstep as a whole...ill still be here after tho

if and when he gets less popular, it will be so great to see him in small venues again, dropping older breakbeat/ambient style beats instead of only bass in your face...id love to see him producing older style beats to get his shitty new fans off his dick





good detective work burke these findings are primo


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: Sheekle]
    #21290850 -

Fads don't have a long shelf-life.  Drugs help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: berdinwall]
    #21290864 -

berdinwall said:
SARAtonin said:
berdinwall said:
Im tryin to figure out why people like bassnectar myself...whats some good songs to check out?



Bassnectar isn't a song you can look up, it's something you have to experience.



I thought that might be the case, thats why I tried to look up some live stuff of his. but I think that probably didn't do it justice either. seeing as its all about the bass, and thats something you feel



Yah, pretty much, and I have such a hard time saying to someone start here, listen to this!

But I guess if I were to do that I might point someone toward Mesmerizing the Ultra, my favorite album of Lorins.
It's actually coming up on it's 10 year anniversary this year.




But keep in mind this is old school Nectar, like I said 10 years old.
It's mind massaging breakbeat, uptempo and downtempo.

If you're after what his more modern channeling of the void sound like I might try listinging to that mixtape I posted a few posts back.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #21290876 -

Burke Dennings said:
freak on nectar, 2011:

Quote:
and he used to always have a ton of random songs to play live, like he doesnt even have that anymore...it seems like he replaced his secret tracks for tracks by bigger DJs, hes ALWAYS bumping other producers tunes like they are his (Flux's Gold Dust for example...sooo many people thought that was his track, cuz he dropped it so often)






wow, he was so much coherent back then. what happened?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: 404] * 2
    #21290902 -

30 bassnectar shows happened.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: SARAtonin]
    #21290906 -

Bassnectar, the new greatful dead?.. :strokebeard:

Should I hop on my Volkswagen t2 and head over to the next gig?..


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: zZZz]
    #21290940 -

Yes and yes.

:bigyesnod:


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bassnectar is amazing [Re: SARAtonin]
    #21290953 -

I used to really dig Bassnectar. Lots of heavy sounds and great melody hidden in there too. I've been to one or two shows and was impressed but the crowds at those types of things really bug me out…

Maybe I'll give him another go, its been too long.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dr. David Duke: Ambassador of Peace? CaptJackSparrow 411 0 11/25/05 06:26 PM
by CaptJackSparrow
* Bassnectar tonight
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 3,643 47 08/05/20 09:21 PM
by rantmakes
* Bassnectar in November!
( 1 2 all )
DNKYD 1,739 23 11/07/09 08:42 PM
by large_dose
* Bassnectar and Eliot Lipp last night blissedout 2,793 17 04/06/08 11:50 PM
by truekimbo2
* BASSNECTAR Atheist 1,445 12 11/04/08 09:26 AM
by 0xYg3n
* bassnectar - camp zoe
( 1 2 all )
large_dose 3,626 36 08/21/09 09:09 AM
by Beanhead
* Bassnectar coming to chicago soon Feeling_of_Sound 907 9 09/10/08 11:43 AM
by Brugman
* *OMG* Nitrous Oxide (N2O) Never Ceases To AMAZE Me! The "Hippie-Crack-Head Thread"...
( 1 2 3 all )
TM 10,760 50 12/25/05 09:54 PM
by notapillow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,332 topic views. 2 members, 274 guests and 171 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.