Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 |
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: dee_N_ae] * 1
    #21246558 -

I'll admit I was pretty ignorant on the Wikipedia part but that's because I prefer getting my information from multiple sources and always assumed Wikipedia operated on its old stereotype but now I stand corrected and I'm smarter for it.

And no XLcaps just becuase I put down Wikipedia doesn't make me lame or out of touch in anyway. There are multiple ways to get information and Wikipedia doesn't need to be one of them. Only narrow minded individuals get their information from one source. if that's you then you know yourself already. All you have managed to do is show how arrogant you are.

In any case I saw the page old man Zappa and again comparing Russian civilians with the U.S. armed forces just shows your that your running away from the point.
It doesn't change the fact that 22 veterans die per day!
It's in that same Wikipedia page as well but you decided not to post that fact did you? You say you bring facts I've read them but you have done nothing to dispute anything I've said because you know what I'm saying is true and it feels like I'm attacking your ego huh? You can't stand it when someone other then yourself is right isn't it? Try taking an EQ test might be able to paint a picture for you better.

All people will see is a senile old man unable to come to terms with the fact that his country isn't all it's cracked up to be either. As police violence increases and the racial divide grows ever more to the point where you make apartheid South Africa, in terms of economic divide, look like a joke.

That's right for those who don't know there are more poor blacks in America then there have ever been in South Africa during the apartheid. Check it for yourself if you want.

You may call Africa a shit hole but this shit hole is where human intellegince began. Compared to the age of the earth humans have only been here a minute. So get a grip 40 years from now America could be the poor shit hole and all third world countries above it. It could all happen in an instant as your riots and protests increase. I would say be open to other ventures in the world.

Now you guys can all go back to saying how shitty Africa is I guess it's the only way you know how to feel good about yourselves. I can't blame you really though I guess it's one of the few coping mechanisms you have left in the harsh environments that you live in.

Have no worries I won't bother with this thread anymore I'm above bickering with old men and racists. Bye bye

:smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: point5wonder] * 1
    #21246606 -

point5wonder said:
Have no worries I won't bother with this thread anymore I'm above bickering with old men and racists. Bye bye



Thank fuck for that. You've added fuck all but a shitload of teenage premenstrual tension bullshittery. :bye:


--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

Edited by deucedbi9 (02/09/15 03:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: point5wonder]
    #21247103 -

All you've done was try to convince us that it is as developed as most continents. Which it is not. You haven't posted much on why it is in fact under developed.

Maybe it is under developed because the Africans that are capable of changing the continent are living in the few good places it has, and ignore the rest of it?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: point5wonder]
    #21247129 -

point5wonder said:
And no XLcaps just becuase I put down Wikipedia doesn't make me lame or out of touch in anyway. There are multiple ways to get information and Wikipedia doesn't need to be one of them. Only narrow minded individuals get their information from one source. if that's you then you know yourself already. All you have managed to do is show how arrogant you are.



I'm arrogant yet between the two of us I'm the only one that realizes Wikipedia changed it's policy on random users freely editing an encyclopaedia. It does in fact make you both lame and out of touch, it's been fucking years since they were like that and it's pretty common for people to bring this point up. Why? Exactly what I said. You can whine all you want, but in the end Wikipedia is the best source on the internet for mass amounts of information. It's very reliable, because at this point it's their business to be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: Distorted Vision] * 2
    #21247177 -

Distorted Vision said:
All you've done was try to convince us that it is as developed as most continents. Which it is not. You haven't posted much on why it is in fact under developed.

Maybe it is under developed because the Africans that are capable of changing the continent are living in the few good places it has, and ignore the rest of it?



I'd say it's probably because most Africans are trying like hell just to put food on the table, keep their family safe, maybe win the lottery and send their kids to a decent school. In central Africa where there's been decades of unrest, the people are trying to survive, and the leaders are trying to stay in power. Nobody is planning for the future because the government will change numerous times within single generations.

It's not an excuse, but its a reason.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #21247184 -

I think most Africans are just trying to keep their family from being eaten by a sabre-tooth lion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #21247198 -

Baby_Hitler said:
I think most Africans are just trying to keep their family from being eaten by a sabre-tooth lion.



Yeah between those and wooly mammoths, I'm surprised there's anyone living there!


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #21247231 -

Distorted Vision said:
Baby_Hitler said:
I think most Africans are just trying to keep their family from being eaten by a sabre-tooth lion.



Yeah between those and wooly mammoths, I'm surprised there's anyone living there!




Ummm... Africa is hot. Wooly mammoths like it cold, that's why they live in glaciers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #21247238 -

Africa has never developed because God is a racist.


:douchewink:


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21247245 -

Praise white Jesus!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #21247254 -

Jesus only comes in one colour.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: point5wonder]
    #21247307 -

point5wonder said:
I'll admit I was pretty ignorant on the Wikipedia part but that's because I prefer getting my information from multiple sources and always assumed Wikipedia operated on its old stereotype but now I stand corrected and I'm smarter for it.

And no XLcaps just becuase I put down Wikipedia doesn't make me lame or out of touch in anyway. There are multiple ways to get information and Wikipedia doesn't need to be one of them. Only narrow minded individuals get their information from one source. if that's you then you know yourself already. All you have managed to do is show how arrogant you are.

In any case I saw the page old man Zappa and again comparing Russian civilians with the U.S. armed forces just shows your that your running away from the point.
It doesn't change the fact that 22 veterans die per day!
It's in that same Wikipedia page as well but you decided not to post that fact did you? You say you bring facts I've read them but you have done nothing to dispute anything I've said because you know what I'm saying is true and it feels like I'm attacking your ego huh? You can't stand it when someone other then yourself is right isn't it? Try taking an EQ test might be able to paint a picture for you better.

All people will see is a senile old man unable to come to terms with the fact that his country isn't all it's cracked up to be either. As police violence increases and the racial divide grows ever more to the point where you make apartheid South Africa, in terms of economic divide, look like a joke.

That's right for those who don't know there are more poor blacks in America then there have ever been in South Africa during the apartheid. Check it for yourself if you want.

You may call Africa a shit hole but this shit hole is where human intellegince began. Compared to the age of the earth humans have only been here a minute. So get a grip 40 years from now America could be the poor shit hole and all third world countries above it. It could all happen in an instant as your riots and protests increase. I would say be open to other ventures in the world.

Now you guys can all go back to saying how shitty Africa is I guess it's the only way you know how to feel good about yourselves. I can't blame you really though I guess it's one of the few coping mechanisms you have left in the harsh environments that you live in.

Have no worries I won't bother with this thread anymore I'm above bickering with old men and racists. Bye bye

:smile:



"that his country isn't all it's cracked up to be either...and the racial divide grows"

Cultural diversity is a failed concept and the US is a perfect example of that fact.

The US has first world status with many parts of it living like 2nd and 3rd world nations, sad but true.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: qman]
    #21247632 -

I posted the stats.  I don't know what he's whining about.  I don't recall seeing any links from him.  There is no epidemic of suicides.  I don't know of any part of the US that lives like a third world nation.  Running water, flush toilets, electricity are, I believe, available everywhere.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21247647 -

It has never developed because western countries, mostly the US, floods Africa with free food; thus making it impossible for the farmers to make a living so the farmers fail and they are stuck in a never ending cycle of poverty.


--------------------
DanceSafe | Voluntaryism

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: LSDylan]
    #21247660 -

LSDylan said:
It has never developed because western countries, mostly the US, floods Africa with free food; thus making it impossible for the farmers to make a living so the farmers fail and they are stuck in a never ending cycle of poverty.



I have heard this theory but I don't buy it.  Africa was a failure long before we ever sent it aid and freeing a people from the need to fight to feed themselves is what spurs prosperity.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21247697 -

zappaisgod said:
LSDylan said:
It has never developed because western countries, mostly the US, floods Africa with free food; thus making it impossible for the farmers to make a living so the farmers fail and they are stuck in a never ending cycle of poverty.



I have heard this theory but I don't buy it.  Africa was a failure long before we ever sent it aid and freeing a people from the need to fight to feed themselves is what spurs prosperity.



There is a difference between a handout and a hand up. The way it is being done now isn't spurring anything.


--------------------
DanceSafe | Voluntaryism

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21247701 -

zappaisgod said:
I posted the stats.  I don't know what he's whining about.  I don't recall seeing any links from him.  There is no epidemic of suicides.  I don't know of any part of the US that lives like a third world nation.  Running water, flush toilets, electricity are, I believe, available everywhere.



There are many cities in the US that are filled with abandoned buildings, crumbing infrastructure, criminal gangs, ect. 

Yes, the power grid works and the water is flowing, but I would still call those environments a shit hole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: LSDylan]
    #21247705 -

I admit it's not totally the foreign aid though. That plays a big part, but many people in Africa are incredibly superstitious and resistant to science. Take them killing Ebola doctors or raping a virgin to cure themselves of AIDS for example. They need education more than anything.


--------------------
DanceSafe | Voluntaryism

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: qman]
    #21247712 -

qman said:
zappaisgod said:
I posted the stats.  I don't know what he's whining about.  I don't recall seeing any links from him.  There is no epidemic of suicides.  I don't know of any part of the US that lives like a third world nation.  Running water, flush toilets, electricity are, I believe, available everywhere.



There are many cities in the US that are filled with abandoned buildings, crumbing infrastructure, criminal gangs, ect. 

Yes, the power grid works and the water is flowing, but I would still call those environments a shit hole.



Yeah but nobody in the US has to resort to wiping their ass with their hand. It is a lot different.


--------------------
DanceSafe | Voluntaryism

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why has Africa never developed??? [Re: LSDylan]
    #21247813 -

Cmon guys...isn't it obvious why Africa is the way it is?


Its dry. It dried up long ago.

that's it.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 |

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* South Africa anti-rape condom aims to stop attacks Deadmaker 2,079 10 08/31/05 08:53 PM
by Mitchnast
* Developing a super memory?
( 1 2 all )
DistortedEyes 3,794 31 08/11/06 06:32 AM
by Merkin
* I'm going to get a blowjob from a Belgian politician.
( 1 2 all )
Innominate 2,665 34 05/20/07 07:39 AM
by JunkFood
* average IQ of states vs. election results
( 1 2 all )
angryjslice 4,565 24 11/04/04 11:10 AM
by Annom
* We all came from Africa
( 1 2 all )
crazyman 3,245 20 12/06/02 12:11 PM
by bluesky
* Africa Hamstercut 881 14 03/29/06 07:05 AM
by Darkcloud
* How many beers do you drink in an average week?
( 1 2 3 all )
WhiskeyClone 4,993 43 09/29/06 10:31 AM
by Mitchnast
* Average Joe Bruiser 2,225 17 11/18/03 02:57 PM
by DoctorJ

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
28,965 topic views. 3 members, 13 guests and 113 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.