Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas
    #21078042 -

Source.

(CNN)There is an active shooter at the El Paso VA Health Care System in El Paso, Texas, a spokesman said Tuesday.

The area is on lockdown, said Clarence Davis, spokesman for the William Beaumont Army Medical Center, which is adjacent to the VA facility.

No other information was immediately available.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: trampis] * 2
    #21078057 -

Still glad to live in Texas and have the right to defend myself against tyranny, whether institutional or private.

:smirk:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #21078082 -

I blame Batman


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #21078085 -

Unless of course you work in a hospital where guns are not allowed. Clearly that law was effective in this situation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: trampis]
    #21078103 -

Quote:
Update 4:40 p.m.:

A doctor at the El Paso VA Health Care System was shot today and the shooter apparently shot and killed himself, officials said a preliminary investigation shows.

The office of U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke, D-El Paso, said the information is preliminary and the investigation is continuing.

The shooting was reported about 4 p.m.

Police blocked off several streets near the veterans facility, 5001 N. Piedras, and helicopters patrolled from above.

The shooting was initially reported at the William Beaumont Army Medical Center but officials said there was no shooting



http://www.elpasotimes.com/latestnews/ci_27264693/police-surround-el-paso-va-health-care-system


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: trampis]
    #21078108 -

Gun Free Zones are only minded by the mindful; just like with all government legislation.
It's irony at it's most tragic. :shrug:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: mantis]
    #21078109 -

Thanks for the update.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: mantis]
    #21078116 -

mantis said:
Quote:
Update 4:40 p.m.:

A doctor at the El Paso VA Health Care System was shot today and the shooter apparently shot and killed himself, officials said a preliminary investigation shows.

The office of U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke, D-El Paso, said the information is preliminary and the investigation is continuing.

The shooting was reported about 4 p.m.

Police blocked off several streets near the veterans facility, 5001 N. Piedras, and helicopters patrolled from above.

The shooting was initially reported at the William Beaumont Army Medical Center but officials said there was no shooting



http://www.elpasotimes.com/latestnews/ci_27264693/police-surround-el-paso-va-health-care-system



Good. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #21078124 -

thanks, Obama.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: trampis]
    #21078135 -

So there was only one innocent shot? Sucks but at least there wasn't more.


--------------------
:leaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #21078137 -

That's it?
The guy is in a gun free zone and only shoots one guy, doesn't even kill the guy and then kills himself?
Man, this guy must have failed at everything in life.


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: trampis]
    #21078145 -

Public shooters don't wander through large public crowds in Texas.

:cool:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #21078159 -

It's an ongoing story so that could change but hopefully it's just an injured doctor and a dead gunman.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: mantis]
    #21078171 -

It says the hospital staff reported no shooting. Which I believe implies they called about a guy with a gun, not someone who got shot. Probably someone from the psychiatric wing who was all suicidal and had/found a gun so they called it in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #21078195 -

Update.

(CNN)Two people were wounded Tuesday at the El Paso VA Health Care System in El Paso, Texas, where an active shooter was reported, multiple officials told CNN, citing preliminary information.

The shooter suffered a self-inflicted wound.

The extent of the injuries of all three was not immediately clear.

Earlier, a spokesman for the William Beaumont Army Medical Center, which is adjacent to the VA facility, had said the area was on lockdown.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: trampis]
    #21078200 -

Shitty.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #21078242 -

i'm pretty sure someone with the intent to commit mass murder isn't worried about being in a gun free zone. those signs just designate areas where the state can make more money by prosecuting you if you break the law within the area they're marking off anyway.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: millzy]
    #21078251 -

millzy said:
i'm pretty sure someone with the intent to commit mass murder isn't worried about being in a gun free zone. those signs just designate areas where the state can make more money by prosecuting you if you break the law within the area they're marking off anyway.



Then why is it typically gun free zones where these events occur?


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #21078283 -

They do it because guns are evil, they listen to the rock and roll music, they play violent video games, and the drugs :rofl:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active shooter reported at VA hospital in Texas [Re: mantis]
    #21078316 -

i just moved here to texas this is interesting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Just got home from the hospital JettaJay 1,444 18 01/18/05 09:07 PM
by JettaJay
* ModeratorCan I make a trip report that doesnt use drugs? hankydanky2k 1,469 12 03/10/04 08:32 PM
by toofew
* How many Texas people do we have now...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
PawPaw 8,128 117 03/19/12 10:06 AM
by ZBrown
* I am the god of jello shooters
( 1 2 all )
BrAiN 2,275 23 07/30/05 10:43 PM
by baraka
* Arkansas V/S Texas. Anonymous 1,774 11 09/16/03 01:44 AM
by boxtop703
* I crashed a high school party last night (a report)
( 1 2 3 all )
ToTheSummit 6,517 55 02/10/05 05:01 PM
by Yoschie99
* Don't mess with Texas!
( 1 2 3 all )
SoDak_Stranger 3,564 50 07/22/04 01:30 AM
by Vvellum
* a trip report of a f'ed up trip
( 1 2 all )
Supernova 3,514 29 12/30/04 03:43 PM
by Learyfan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,183 topic views. 5 members, 14 guests and 217 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.