Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: bitcoins (moved) [Re: PeterPoffin]
    #20829570 -

PeterPoffin said:
I made ~20,000 USD selling bitcoins. Good thing I invested in them when they were at an all time low five years ago.



Godamn, that's some good shit man, who would've thought these things would've eventually be worth so much money huh?

I'm pissed I had like 10 bitcoins when they were like $250 a piece a year ago or so, wish I would've sold em at the peak of like $1k+, I could have if mtgox didn't have that crash/shut down, after that happened bitcoins crashed through the floor.


--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bitcoins (moved) [Re: SleepyF0x]
    #20830553 -

I have a question about gpg4usb:

I understand that I have my own private key in the right sidebar, but there's another entry above mine that says "gbgusb-project".  What is this for? 

gpg4usb seems easier to use than GNU privacy assistant.  Any thoughts on this from personal experience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bitcoins (moved) [Re: SleepyF0x]
    #20830629 -

KrishnaDreamer said:
PeterPoffin said:
I made ~20,000 USD selling bitcoins. Good thing I invested in them when they were at an all time low five years ago.



Godamn, that's some good shit man, who would've thought these things would've eventually be worth so much money huh?

I'm pissed I had like 10 bitcoins when they were like $250 a piece a year ago or so, wish I would've sold em at the peak of like $1k+, I could have if mtgox didn't have that crash/shut down, after that happened bitcoins crashed through the floor.



Selling them is harder than it seems, even though bitcoins are worth much more than in the past. The remaining coins that I have currently in my virtual wallet are kept in case some stores allow bitcoin transactions. From my standpoint, it's really difficult to find someone who is willing to exchange actual currency for virtual money, unless you're dealing with investors who are extremely desperate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bitcoins (moved) [Re: PeterPoffin]
    #20830924 -

Use Localbitcoin if you're in a big city.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bitcoins (moved) [Re: refried]
    #20965562 -

So, is it unwise to add money to your deep web account after buying from Coinbase?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bitcoins (moved) [Re: s240779]
    #20965586 -

It doesn't matter.  Even if they did bust the marketplace there are so many transactions each day it wouldn't be something to worry about.  They don't know what address you are adding it to, and tumbling is a waste of BTCs.  The only people that need to tumble are big vendors.  If it worried you that much just move it to a different address before you send it to whatever DNM you use.  Some people swear by tumbling, but I think its a waste of time as do many other users.  There is a DNM subreddit that has a lot of good info if you want to learn more just search "darknetmarkets" on reddit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bitcoins (moved) [Re: fapjack]
    #20965599 -

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bitcoins (moved) [Re: s240779]
    #20965723 -

Buy your coins from localbitcoins.com , I have my btc vendor on skype now so I don't even need to go there.

Or you can use an exchange

I have ordered dozens of packages from Silkroad 2.0 to my house where I live, never tumbled any coins and did it all in my name and the packages all arrived just fine.

all the security stuff is really if you are a vendor, and funny enough I heard of a vendor who used TAILS, tumbled, used hundreds of different USB drives to boot from, always took many precautions and they ended up loosing 100BTC because of a tor exit node spoof which sends all your coins to someone elses wallet by modifying traffic.

So sometimes it really doesn't matter how much security you do, you can still get fucked in the end.


--------------------
- - - - - - _ ¦ ¦ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¦
- - - _ _ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ? REPOST IF YOU’RE A BIG BEAUTIFUL TRUCK¦
_ _ _ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ? ¦ WHO DON’T NEED NO MAN ¦ ? ¦ …¦¦ ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ¦
¯ ()¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ()()¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ()¯ ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Time to revisit the current state of bitcoin
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Nifflerz 1,521 78 05/25/17 01:26 AM
by Mickalopagus
* Mt. Gox Bitcoin Bank Run Intensifies, 1 Million Customers at Risk
( 1 2 all )
Lord_McLovin 4,199 21 02/26/14 01:53 PM
by Cyclohexylamine
* Bitcoins Made Easy falsereality 2,175 2 01/19/19 08:16 PM
by BlankCheck
* Bitcoins
( 1 2 all )
TokeUp 3,779 39 06/26/12 07:47 PM
by Dosile Kouki
* Bitcoin: a revolutionary new kind of wealth disparity?
( 1 2 all )
shivas.wisdom 2,303 29 01/04/14 06:06 PM
by RavageTheEarth
* BitCoin Crash
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Roflspammer 5,009 75 01/26/15 12:39 PM
by s240779
* Who says it's hard dealing in bitcoins
( 1 2 3 all )
Nifflerz 1,666 44 08/02/15 01:01 AM
by akira_akuma
* U.S. arrests man for selling guns online for Bitcoins trampis 953 10 11/08/13 07:51 PM
by Prisoner#1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,609 topic views. 3 members, 3 guests and 78 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.