Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
What is up with dentists?
    #20766531 -

Why do dentists and dental hygienists insist on asking me questions while I have a mouthful of their poking implements stuck all up in there?
How am I supposed to talk to you with all of that stuff blocking my tongue and preventing my lips from moving freely?
It seems like some kind of cruel trick they learned to do in dentistry school. An inside joke among dental professionals perhaps.
Maybe they secretly enjoy watching someone try to form words in that state, or are they just trying to distract your mind to help alleviate the unpleasantness of the experience.
It makes sense to do that with a patient when giving them an injection or drawing blood, and that does actually help a little so your mind is elsewhere during the needle poke. But with dental work...not so much.

Also they ask hella redundant questions sometimes.
Like I'll be wearing my college shirt that says the name of the college I went to, and they will still ask "so are you in school? what school are you going to?"
Bitch!! You already know the answer so why are you asking me that?

I dunno. Is it a lack of proper bedside manner training or do dentists just like fucking with their patients?

:drool2: :muppet:


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Great Scott]
    #20766536 -

Maybe they are just trying to be friendly and take your mind off the uncomfortable. Although my dentist does the same thing

Edited by Magicman69 (10/29/14 02:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Magicman69]
    #20766538 -

They all do it. Been to a few different dentists and they are all the same way.


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Great Scott]
    #20766542 -

I've never had one do it. I kind of give off that "don't talk to me" vibe though.. I'm very direct, don't initiate conversation and don't give open ended answers to questions. Just very direct. "How's your family?" "fine.". Pretty much anywhere someone would go on and on rambling I just give the shortest answer possible. People pick up on me not being a talkative person pretty quickly.

That aside, they probably do it because the lack of interaction when you're doing something, especially that intimate, is kind of awkward.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (10/29/14 02:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #20766579 -

Shroomslip said:
That aside, they probably do it because the lack of interaction when you're doing something, especially that intimate, is kind of awkward.



Ahhh ahuuumm naaaa zaaaat makks sesssss taa mey.

Translation: Ah okay, now that makes sense to me


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Great Scott]
    #20766599 -

I have a huge tolerance for anesthesia and a deep love for talking and I was talking throughout my wisdom teeth getting pulled. I think I got a few laughs, I always say and do the weirdest shit when they have to put me under.


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Great Scott]
    #20766604 -

Dentists are secretly laughing at you in their heads.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Amanita86]
    #20766607 -

"Haha watch while I make this idiot try and talk with 3 tools and 4 fingers in his mouth.. It's priceless, they always talk back."

If you wanna make them stop. Just tell them to remove the tools anytime they ask a question. Then give the longest winded answer you can come up with. Sooner or later they'll get tired of it and just want to get the job done and move on.

That's just a theory btw. As I said before, people pick up quickly I am not a talkative person.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (10/29/14 03:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Amanita86]
    #20766609 -

I think I will put you back on ignore.


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Amanita86]
    #20766615 -

Amanita86 said:
Dentists are secretly laughing at you in their heads.



No usually it's out loud but I'm cool with it, anyone who spends their entire career in other peoples mouths should get a good laugh just like proctologists


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Great Scott]
    #20766616 -

Boo Hoo...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Magicman69]
    #20766626 -

Magicman69 said:
Maybe they are just trying to be friendly and take your mind off the uncomfortable. Although my dentist does the same thing



maybe it's to arouse humor for the endorphin pain killers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Great Scott]
    #20766642 -

I like to load up on free toothbrushes and dental floss every time I go there.


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Great Scott]
    #20766643 -

They knock you out then touch your private parts.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: 28064212]
    #20766650 -

Back in High School this really cute dental hygienist was leaning in close and resting her tits on my chest. It took everything I had to try to keep from sporting wood.
It's really hard to hide something like that while laying back in a chair.


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Great Scott]
    #20766654 -

It's good business for the dentist to have top tits on the team.

Who are you going to go back to? Wendy with the mustache or Titty Tanya?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Great Scott]
    #20766655 -

It's vestigial energy left over from when they were barbers.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Great Scott]
    #20766657 -

I wouldnt even try to hide it.  Id just say its your fault, he was asleep until you started doing whatever it was you did..

and then ask his if she knows the quickest way to get rid of a boner?  :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is up with dentists? [Re: Amanita86]
    #20766668 -

De-boned for your convenience.


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* dentist ninjacory 1,390 14 12/05/06 02:18 PM
by unbeliever
* Went to the dentist today for the first time in 4-5 years Lion 1,691 13 12/12/10 07:45 AM
by Razzlesnaps
* diy dental question
( 1 2 all )
hidenseek1 2,861 37 01/16/13 10:51 AM
by listerine
* Shitty Dental Work *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Almond Flour 1,196 26 09/20/15 02:30 AM
by Bitter Cactus
* are u guys as phony as my dentist?
( 1 2 3 all )
Sheekle 2,988 41 12/05/15 08:35 AM
by Asante
* I need to see a dentist but have no insturance/money Razzlesnaps 571 10 06/26/10 06:30 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* boner at the dentists
( 1 2 3 4 all )
PreparationH 8,636 68 12/20/09 11:04 PM
by PreparationH
* The Dentist
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
AmericanPsycho 5,483 83 12/09/08 05:12 AM
by AmericanPsycho

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,079 topic views. 7 members, 13 guests and 246 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.