Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineexcited-about-life
Just some guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada Flag
Armillaria mellea and brown matsutake?
    #20695952 - 10/13/14 08:08 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Habitat:
Honey mushrooms: found growing off of a still standing maple trunk in mixed woods. "Brown matsutake" was found growing from same airy gray layer as the white matsutakes and in the same spot.

Gills:
cream/white. ,attached slightly decurrent , gills.

Stem:
around 15 cm long , 1.5-2 cm wide, cream/white/yellow, strong bendy firm texture, solid.

Cap:
apprx. 5 cm, color, kind of hairy/scaley, cap is convex with a round bump in the middle.

Spore print color:
waiting on spore print (didnt drop any spores last night) but the ones we saw day before yesterday which looked identical had white sporeprint

Bruising:doesnt seem to bruise

Other information:
the "matsutake" smells exactly like the white matsutake i picked that day

also found some of these guys, yum!

Edited by excited-about-life (10/13/14 08:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoger Wilco
Rusted Identifier

Re: Armillaria mellea and brown matsutake? [Re: excited-about-life]
    #20695976 - 10/13/14 08:21 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Where in Nova are you, I'm in SW.

Armillaria for sure. The ones I've found in NS are very firm compared to elsewhere!

Here is an article about the East coast matsis (T. Matsutake) vs. West coast (T. Magnivelare)

What type of tree did you find those near? I'm unsure of species, but if it has the scent, I imagine it would be as good as any Matsi.

http://www.nlmushrooms.ca/omphaline/O-V-6.pdf

http://issuu.com/nlmushrooms/docs/o-v-6

InvisibleRoger Wilco
Rusted Identifier

Re: Armillaria mellea and brown matsutake? [Re: Roger Wilco]
    #20695978 - 10/13/14 08:22 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

The reticulation says to me your bolete is something in or very close the Boletus edulis group. I'd eat it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom