Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676905 -

luvdemshrooms said:
Some of us actually are capable of using peoples names and not labels. You should give it a try.



It is not that some aren't capable of using names, it is more that others can't cope with being human and using human terms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676910 -

luvdemshrooms said:
It's called respect, something you lack.

It's called adulthood, something you seem not to have reached.

Some of us actually are capable of using peoples names and not labels. You should give it a try.



I am perfectly capable of using names. I even explain that in a casual conversation of course I'd use her name and not say, "Hi black lesbian women"

I'll disregard the continued personal jabs.

So in this case, diminshing vocabulary only to once again label her with a more fundamental term is respect in your mind? :lol:


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Edited by Webster10 (10/08/14 07:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: Webster10]
    #20676918 -

She should change her name to "The black lesbian formerly known as Raven Simone" to set everyone straight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California]
    #20676923 -

Efficient :highfive1:


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676924 -

California said:
luvdemshrooms said:
Webster10 said:
Well her not wanting to be called something she is can only be explained by one reason. She is ashamed of what she is.




Clearly you're not much of a thinker.



Yeah right, because I am sure she'd be crying about being called a white heterosexual princess if she were one. :rolleyes:  She wouldn't.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California]
    #20676935 -

Is age a label?  "I'm not 36 years old anymore!! :crankey:"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: Webster10]
    #20676937 -

Webster10 said:
Efficient :highfive1:



I'm good at that.

I don't call Oprah a black lesbian.  I call her Oprah, but Oprah isn't like stupid Raven.  See how this works.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676951 -

luvdemshrooms said:
Or perhaps people need to stop labeling people who don't wish to take part in the stupidity.



YOu terribly racist right winger you :wink:


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California]
    #20676956 -

California said:
Webster10 said:
Efficient :highfive1:



I'm good at that.

I don't call Oprah a black lesbian.  I call her Oprah, but Oprah isn't like stupid Raven.  See how this works.



Oprah is a black heterosexual women.

Oh shit I labled a black person as black somebody call the PC :cop:


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676958 -

Hey guys.  I'm a lesbian American. .


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: qman]
    #20676959 -

qman said:
Is age a label?  "I'm not 36 years old anymore!! :crankey:"



I don't know.  Take it up with luvdemshrooms(who has in fact labeled people) and Raven(who has, in fact, labeled people).  They are the experts at not using valid and basic human terminology.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: Shins]
    #20676968 -

Shins said:
Hey guys.  I'm a lesbian American. .



Good for you, but stop labeling us "guys"!  lolz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California]
    #20676977 -

California said:
qman said:
Is age a label?  "I'm not 36 years old anymore!! :crankey:"



I don't know.  Take it up with luvdemshrooms(who has in fact labeled people) and Raven(who has, in fact, labeled people).  They are the experts at not using valid and basic human terminology.



:lol:

That is exactly how I see it. It is a common term that has collectively been used for years upon years. Since when did using the proper description for something become offensive or counterproductive or whatever she and LDS are trying to claim.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: Webster10]
    #20676987 -

I like the part where they are hypocrites.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California]
    #20677006 -

So people using drugs can no longer be called "drug users", this is going to piss off all of the non-users, especially law enforcement.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California]
    #20677010 -

That part was my favorite as well. How can someone who's used labels an uncountable times himself actually say that label users dropping dead would better the world?

"Label users" :ilold:

More like language speakers.

Weird, I usually enjoy LDS's opinions and posts :shrug:


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: qman]
    #20677019 -

Nope we are all just human beings so we should be referred to as such. We shouldn't implement more complex vocabulary to describe something more specifically or with more accuracy. It is offensive and stupid :dawerp:


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: Webster10]
    #20677040 -

I just got off the phone with my mother.  I informed her that I didn't want to be labeled as her "son" anymore and I told her it was all the fault Raven-Simone and luvdemshrooms from the shroomery.  She was weeping of course.  Thanks a lot Raven-Simone and luvdemshrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California]
    #20677045 -

:lol: a bit blunt but it is very comparable.

Well I think this debate is settled...


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: qman]
    #20677074 -

trekie said:
Wow what she said about her just being an american is pretty badass. Good for her. I dont understand why people are so butthurt over this.

Bill Cosby has some interesting stuff to say about African american culture.



This is basically my sentiment. I had no issues with what she was saying about not referring to herself as an African-American, because I get that. I understand where she's coming from. I've met a ton of black people who were very sensitive to the label and didn't like being called that, either, as their place of origin was not Africa (e.g. Afro-dominicans, Afro-Brazilians, Afro-latin@s, Jamaicans, etc.) I was a little confused by her referring to herself as colorless, though, because...well, she's black. And not wanting to refer to herself as such doesn't erase the fact that literally everyone else is. Nor does it remove her from the black experience. <<That is what I believe upset so many black people. But whatever. It really is not relevant to me. It doesn't directly affect me (or anyone that isn't Raven, honestly).

Edited by Hellogoodbyedeath (10/08/14 07:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Honey you are my shining star
( 1 2 all )
Dark_Star 1,806 26 12/14/06 04:37 PM
by Dark_Star
* happy birthday dark_star!
( 1 2 3 all )
Krishna 2,883 47 02/10/07 10:34 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* dark star....mmmm, must watch this movie willo 970 10 03/23/07 07:30 PM
by Dark_Star
* Some AFRICAN AMERICANS
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 7,223 91 10/31/05 05:27 AM
by ivi
* crazy dream with the cosbie show and weed. ZippoZM 937 8 11/21/14 12:52 AM
by LobsterSauce
* raven riley
( 1 2 all )
adasafa 4,106 25 08/08/07 03:40 PM
by adasafa
* hell yes. cosby show house. Vvellum 869 14 01/24/06 08:53 PM
by Akira
* Bill Cosby's Anti Drugs Album! psychetronica 1,286 3 08/22/06 07:30 PM
by psychetronica

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,007 topic views. 5 members, 20 guests and 184 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.