Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
"Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American
    #20676645 -

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/06/showbiz/raven-symone-gay-labels/index.html

"That's what the former "Cosby Show" star told Oprah Winfrey on OWN on Sunday night, as she explained why she doesn't like to be labeled gay or African-American."
:lolwut:



"Winfrey, telling Raven-Symone that she was in for "a lot of flak for say you're not African American"

"I don't label myself...Aren't' we all (a melting pot?) Isn't that what America's supposed to be?"

Another child actress losing touch with reality, many blacks are pissed off because of her comments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: qman]
    #20676668 -

LOL.  What a goon.
Next she will not want to be labeled as a female, or a human.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California] * 4
    #20676682 -

Well, she wasn't born in Africa, so she's right in saying she's just an American.

The whole "I'm a *insert group here"-American bullshit is quite stupid.

Born here? You're an American.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676696 -

luvdemshrooms said:
Well, she wasn't born in Africa, so she's right in saying she's just an American.




A black American, and also a lesbian.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  She needs to get over herself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California] * 3
    #20676725 -

Or perhaps people need to stop labeling people who don't wish to take part in the stupidity.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676741 -

Labeling things is not necessarily stupid at all.  At this point I'd just refer to her as a dumb cunt.  I hope she likes that better than a "black lesbian" or "lesbian black woman".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California] * 1
    #20676752 -

Actually, by insisting on labeling others... you're showing what you're made of.

If she wishes to not be labeled, she's a good deal more evolved than many.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California]
    #20676762 -

This debate is stupid.

I'd call her exactly what she is. Black lesbian women.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676775 -

Nah.  Labeling things is not necessarily bad, and much of how we got where we are today as humans.  If she doesn't like it she should find a new planet to live on.

I personally don't feel the need to label specific individuals or anyone in general, but it has its time and place.  Anyone who cannot see that is the small-minded one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676779 -

luvdemshrooms said:
Actually, by insisting on labeling others... you're showing what you're made of.

If she wishes to not be labeled, she's a good deal more evolved than many.



You post on the shroomery.  I label you a shroomerite. :blewmeanie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: Webster10]
    #20676786 -

I never refer to myself as white or straight. Why is her sexuality and race so important?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: Webster10]
    #20676791 -

Seems like the right thing to do would be to call her Raven-Symone.

By hey... why do the right thing?


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California]
    #20676796 -

California said:
luvdemshrooms said:
Actually, by insisting on labeling others... you're showing what you're made of.

If she wishes to not be labeled, she's a good deal more evolved than many.



You post on the shroomery.  I label you a shroomerite.



Right. Because calling someone a shroomerite is the same as calling them black or gay.

I weep for you.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California]
    #20676801 -

So am I still a heterosexual white male, or am I just a homosapien?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676803 -

Obviously in a casual conversation I wouldn't say, "Hey lesbian black woman how about this weather?"

...thought that went without saying.

She is a black lesbian women. If someone described me as a white heterosexual male I certainly wouldn't get pissy about it. She is being a bitch for the sole reason of being a bitch.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676805 -

luvdemshrooms said:
Actually, by insisting on labeling others... you're showing what you're made of.

If she wishes to not be labeled, she's a good deal more evolved than many.



If she were my roommate and she went missing and the police were asking me questions about her and the police had no clue who she was from her lame "acting" career or anything, I would try to help the police find her by telling them that she was black so they didn't go off looking for a white girl that they would never find.  Make sense?  Yes.  Yes it does.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California]
    #20676807 -

Wow what she said about her just being an american is pretty badass. Good for her. I dont understand why people are so butthurt over this.

Bill Cosby has some interesting stuff to say about African american culture.


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676811 -

luvdemshrooms said:
Seems like the right thing to do would be to call her Raven-Symone.

By hey... why do the right thing?



She took it to the next level, we wouldn't be discussing this if she hadn't brought it up.  She didn't simply say she wanted to be known by her name, she instead said silly things.  Next she will not want to be labeled as human I suppose.  Good for her.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: California]
    #20676817 -

California said:
luvdemshrooms said:
Actually, by insisting on labeling others... you're showing what you're made of.

If she wishes to not be labeled, she's a good deal more evolved than many.



If she were my roommate and she went missing and the police were asking me questions about her and the police had no clue who she was from her lame "acting" career or anything, I would try to help the police find her by telling them that she was black so they didn't go off looking for a white girl that they would never find.  Make sense?  Yes.  Yes it does.



Right. Because once again that's the same thing.

:lmafo:


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Cosby Show" star Raven-Symone 'I'm not Gay, and I'm not African -American [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20676818 -

luvdemshrooms said:
I weep for you.



YO OREGON, YOU MADE THIS GUY CRY.

:trololol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Honey you are my shining star
( 1 2 all )
Dark_Star 1,806 26 12/14/06 04:37 PM
by Dark_Star
* happy birthday dark_star!
( 1 2 3 all )
Krishna 2,883 47 02/10/07 10:34 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* dark star....mmmm, must watch this movie willo 970 10 03/23/07 07:30 PM
by Dark_Star
* Some AFRICAN AMERICANS
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 7,223 91 10/31/05 05:27 AM
by ivi
* crazy dream with the cosbie show and weed. ZippoZM 937 8 11/21/14 12:52 AM
by LobsterSauce
* raven riley
( 1 2 all )
adasafa 4,106 25 08/08/07 03:40 PM
by adasafa
* hell yes. cosby show house. Vvellum 869 14 01/24/06 08:53 PM
by Akira
* Bill Cosby's Anti Drugs Album! psychetronica 1,286 3 08/22/06 07:30 PM
by psychetronica

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,007 topic views. 2 members, 2 guests and 116 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.