Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
When I do good, I feel good...
    #2047932 -

When is the last time you went a little above and beyond just to be a good person to someone else?? If you haven't lately, you should, it's a wonderful feeling :heartpump: The wife and I stopped by the grocery store this afternoon to pick up a few things then we got in line to check out and there was only one person in front of us and it was a frail old lady with not much in her purchases other than a small bag of dog food (I could just see the little chihuahua anxiously awaiting her arrival home) a couple of other small items and two little 6 packs of slim fast (which I believe may have been her only sustinence) when the cashier rang up the first of the slim fast she stopped him to check the price and she couldn't afford that one so he totalled her out...her bill came to $15.84 and she laid out some bills and started digging in her old green wallet to scrape up some change. I had first thought it was just the .84 cents she was after until I looked and realized she only had 2 fives and was trying to come up with $6 in change for the little bit she was able to purchase and my heart broke  :frown: my wife was paying for our purchase with a check and I was standing there with my hand in my pocket clutching a $5 bill which I just laid down with hers and told her to put away her change and keep it for something else, she wasn't sure how to take it but that didn't matter, she did, after I refused her trying to now give me the change from her purse.....the kid at the checkout line when we got up there said "I want you in line behind me!" all I told him was "If you get the chance to be good to someone..do it, it'll come back to ya'"  :wink: Sorry for the lengthy post, just wanted to encourage everyone to do something good for somebody tomorrow, you'll be glad you did  :thumbup:       


--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When I do good, I feel good... [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2048031 -

Good job blu, your a good man. A ray of light in the darkness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When I do good, I feel good... [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2048040 -

That is without a doubt the best thing I have read all damn day...
Here I sat today thinking i had it bad because i wasnt driving one of those brand new all wheel drive GMC Pickuptrucks... :confused:
I know the feeling of helping people out because it`s a very rewarding feeling and it`s a feeling you can never get from drugs...
I have helped young an old people out with their ac/heat problems
through out my life an that is one of the reasons i love what i do so much...Making someone "Comfy" is a pretty good occupation to have..
I asked a police officer once how he could sleep at nites knowing he mainly caused fellow human beings pain an suffering....
He just told me if he ever saw me on the street that he would put me in jail...


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When I do good, I feel good... [Re: OldSpice]
    #2048249 -

I asked a police officer once how he could sleep at nites knowing he mainly caused fellow human beings pain an suffering....
He just told me if he ever saw me on the street that he would put me in jail.

" yeah, well just pray you don't see me in your sleep copper  :evil: "

that's what you shoulda' told him  :grin: 


--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When I do good, I feel good... [Re: bluedragon]
    #2048266 -

bluedragon said:
Good job blu, your a good man. A ray of light in the darkness. 



thanks man, I try to try a little harder every day  :smile: 


--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When I do good, I feel good... [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2048294 -

I Told him nothing and then i met you guys..
Love is what it can do with friends ..
Thats an old TxTec saying :wink:


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When I do good, I feel good... [Re: OldSpice]
    #2048331 -

Alounacara said:
I Told him nothing and then i met you guys..
Love is what it can do with friends ..
Thats an old TxTec saying :wink: 



ahhhhhh, god ol' TxTec, I remember him fondly :heartpump: such a shame what happened with ol' Tx  :shake: 


--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When I do good, I feel good... [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2048409 -

He told me that he loves Ripple n Chinas
Input here at our PUB....
It would be kinda difficult without these Dudes
We are talking about the major dudes here...
Watch it shine..watch it shine


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When I do good, I feel good... [Re: OldSpice]
    #2048511 -

Right after 9/11 I went messianic for awhile mainly due to feeling powerless about Bush and the rest of his Grand Inquisitors taking over the constitution for toilet paper and so on. I felt great compassion for the poor and downtrodden. At the same time as paranoia about possibilities of unimaginable future wars. I was scared but forced myself to go out and protest the Afghanistan and then the Iraq invasions. I protested in the streets by myself and also with one friend. A few times. Then the actual protest groups took over and made my own actions unimportant, and all the less so since our esteemed president doesn't even know that they were going on. He has no idea that more people protested the Iraq invasion than any other event in human history.

And at the same time I practiced what I call hit and run charity where a friend and myself cooked food and packaged it all up with plastic fork sets and cokes and vitamins and then quickly went out to the parks nearby where the homeless stay and distributed it. We did it fast so that the cops couldn't make a note of us, and also we didn't care to be liable in the way that most restaurants fear regarding charitable contributions.

Another time I collected clothes and made them into kits of stuff to wear like a pants and five pairs of socks and shirts all rolled into a bag. But this gotr derailed due to me quitting my job. Half of the point of this entire set of actions was to reempower a friend of mine who also felt hope for our future slipping away amidst conspiracy and all that. I did these charitable things in part to show him that we can still make a small difference.

We had started making plans to do other things like cleaning statues and yet more things but we lost impetus.

But as you say, there's a rush from doing outright good things. Go for it.


--------------------
...or something






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When I do good, I feel good... [Re: eve69]
    #2048537 -

I asked a police officer once how he could sleep at nites knowing he mainly caused fellow human beings pain an suffering....
He just told me if he ever saw me on the street that he would put me in jail.


Classic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When I do good, I feel good... [Re: OldSpice]
    #2048624 -

Alounacara said:
He told me that he loves Ripple n Chinas
Input here at our PUB....
It would be kinda difficult without these Dudes
We are talking about the major dudes here...
Watch it shine..watch it shine 



ditto  :thumbup: :thumbup:
and as always my friend, you are.......
finding the light and shinin' it bright
leading us all through the darkest of nights
leadin' us on and showin' the way
knowin' tomorrow is the brightest of days  :sun: 


--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Getting high makes me feel weird around other ppl.
( 1 2 all )
EllisDee 3,743 29 09/29/04 07:22 PM
by kaiowas
* Shine on gdman 865 5 07/26/04 11:17 PM
by Phishgrrl
* China Cat Sunflower Ripple 2,913 17 05/05/04 03:57 AM
by Krishna
* I can just feel the lurkers in my bones
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 1,900 20 05/24/04 10:39 AM
by Krishna
* Shine on IAmTheWalrus212 522 6 01/18/05 10:16 PM
by saz3
* Saturday morning don't shine to bright Adom 574 9 04/11/04 08:59 AM
by Ripple
* I'm feeling jazzy tonight. adrug 881 9 11/20/04 12:19 PM
by iluan
* My protest at the movies SpecialEd 1,757 13 12/14/03 01:40 AM
by silversoul7

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,099 topic views. 3 members, 24 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.