Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Less is MORE
    #2044843 - 10/26/03 01:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Friendly reminder:

Less is more.

Eat only a sufficient amount and nothing further.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Less is MORE [Re: World Spirit]
    #2044876 - 10/26/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"Eat only a sufficient amount and nothing further"

depending on one's priorities, this is BS.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Anonymous

#2044945 - 10/26/03 02:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i've never had too much, but i've definitely had times where i haven't had enough. i shoot for the high range dose-wise.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Less is MORE [Re: PDU]
    #2045153 - 10/26/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Let me elaborate.

I've read other people's experiences on mushrooms and it's quite obvious to me that those who had bad trips didn't pay attention to one of three things (or 2 or 3 of them):

1. Preparation for the experience
2. Setting
3. Amount

Many people on these boards encourage a five gram trip or a 3.5 gram trip, and this is being read by NEW PEOPLE, not particularly experienced people.

New people should spend the first year or two in the 1.5 - 2.5 gram range with perhaps one or two exceptional experiences of 3.5 grams (IMHO).

Those of you who are convinced 'more is more' I would try to persuade you to re-asses what Psilocybes do and what a human ideally does during the experience; this will point you to lower amounts.

No offense is intended to anyone, including those who do incredibly high amounts and can't do anything constructive or remember anything from the experience.

Peace and tough love,
Enter

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2045271 - 10/26/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I've learned more from bad trips then I ever could have with good ones. I have no problem giving someone I know any dose they want even if they're new to psychedelics. If someone I know wants to take 8g for his first trip I might say 'maybe take a little less' but more than likely I would give them the 8g and let them eat it (unless I suspected psychological problems, then I wouldn't give them any amout) They're not going to die off 8g, and I would be there to make sure they don't do anything stupid like suicide or an accident like getting hit by a car or whatever.

They might never want to do psychedelics again or they might have a great time, but it's not going to harm them either way and if they feel they can't handle it, then I believe they weren't cut out for psychedelics in the first place, and that they learned an important lesson in life.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2045695 - 10/26/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Those of you who are convinced 'more is more' I would try to persuade you to re-asses what Psilocybes do and what a human ideally does during the experience; this will point you to lower amounts.

No offense is intended to anyone, including those who do incredibly high amounts and can't do anything constructive or remember anything from the experience.

No offence Enter but just because you don't like high doses doesn't mean that you have any perspective on what the ideal amount is for other people(especially people you don't know).
People are very different and so are there relationship with the mushroom. You constantly put down high doses. Your reasons for thinking high doses are not productive are my reasons for thinking low doses are not productive. I rarely give advice on dosages because I realize that this is a very personal matter. Granted I would advise a newbie to mabye dose low on there first or second trip. After that I would advise that they follow the mushrooms path and not strangers on the net.

>I would persuade you to re-asses what psilocybes do and what a human ideally does during the experiance; this will point you to lower amounts.<
Sorry my friend but this is BS. Don't assume that your realtionship and experiances with mushrooms generalize to everybody. Again nobody is in the position to be telling others what is the "right" dosage. I find the dosages you talk about to be a complete waste of time and a nonserious ,egograsping approach to mushrooms for me. But your not going to see me spewing my opinion across these forums. Why? Because I have had enough years of experiance and contact with other psychonoughts to realize that my opinions are not universal and neither are anybody elses. What works for one person may not work for another. So who are we to decide what is right as far as dosages go.
My advise on dosages may not be productive at all to others. We are all different psychologicaly. Some people may be able to grasp the message they need from 1 gram. For others it may take 5 grams.

Im not trying to be harsh on you and I realize your intentions are good.
Over the years I have met many people who have tried to give to much guidance to psychonoughts. A little advice to the new traveler can be very valuable, but trying to give to many rigid guidlines based upon ones own experiances can be toxic to others. The psychedelic path is long and constantly changing, not to mention we all walk upon it differently.

Peace and tough love
chinacat72

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineshroomWorshiper
Stranger
Re: Less is MORE [Re: chinacat72]
    #2045908 - 10/26/03 09:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well said. I would like to note that there is something to be said for taking lower doses and getting the most out of them possible. It all depends on your priorities. If you're going to do some crazy psychadelic artwork, perhaps a smaller dose is wiser. If you want to explore life's mysteries, a large dose might be the ticket. Really, it all comes down to what you're attempting to get out of the experience, if anything at all - some people just want to experience, rather then gain.

9 hbwr seeds ground in OJ. mmmm *sloshes around in mouth* 

:thumbup:  :laugh: 

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Less is MORE [Re: shroomWorshiper]
    #2046257 - 10/27/03 12:22 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you want visuals, you almost always have to take more than you need for a spiritual trip.

Since spiritual trips transend visuals, I see no reason to take high doses for them.

I do like having a visual trip though... I split it up... sometimes large, sometimes small... always profound.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: Less is MORE [Re: Rose]
    #2046405 - 10/27/03 01:25 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i think you're recommendations are silly. i ate over an eighth my first time and i had a blast. and, there are only two things that matter (not three): set and setting. "amount" shouldn't matter in the least as long as you take care of the two important variables first. peace.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Less is MORE [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #2046429 - 10/27/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I fealt nothing the first few times I tried shrooms... I only ate 1.5g.

My first trip at 1.5g sent me to lvl 5... so it was definately worth the wait... and responsibility.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2046642 - 10/27/03 04:40 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I certainly agree that all of us are unique, and therefore, our reactions as individuals vary when it comes to mushrooms.

However, I would point out that just as Paul Stamets wrote "Psilocybe Cubensis Growth Paramaters," there is worth and accuracy in making note of "Human Growth Paramaters (particularly in regard to human adaptation to psilocybin)."

Mushrooms need a certain environment to grow and flourish, and they must receive a specific amount of water and nutrients (granted, there is a range of "more or less").

Humans also need a certain environment (setting) to GROW & to flourish, and I believe this includes a rather specific amount of Psilcoybes (granted, there is a relative variation between persons and I'm not trying to ignore that fact).

'Veterans' are not the people I'm trying to relay a message to in this particular thread. I think you realize, Chinacat72, that I'm trying to assist newer members who are going to venture with Shroomery posts in mind. They deserve a safe, organized, and special experience - not just once but many, many times - as much as they want. If all they ever do is hear "that's not enough, man, you gotta do a real big dose...." then they're probably not going see the rather profound angle that a low amount can give. They'll always take a lot and struggle to ASSIMILATE what goes on during the trip. ASSIMILATION is vital if anyone is truly going to understand the psychedelic experience as one who has taken psychedelics and not just read about 'em.

High amounts propell you into a purely spirit-oriented mode of perception where you are caught up in awe and almost completely removed from everyday reality. And that's fine and it's a gift and I dig it. BUT (BUT!) - on lower amounts one is able to experience a MEASURE of awe while still retaining a sense of being grounded in a somewhat familiar rememberance of everyday reality (with a sense of comedy and light-heartedness). Because of this, one is able to RETAIN more of the experience and APPLY what has been RETAINED in everyday life. At least, that's my opinion. I think I'm right.

Either way, Chinacat, I luv ya and your advice is respected from me to you as a little brother to his big brother.

Do what you will but never ignore the nagging of your younger siblings. They might just be onto something good. :smirk: :heart:

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2046686 - 10/27/03 05:26 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I have no problem with people giving dosage advice to new or younger folks. I guess I misread you sometimes. I just don't want to see advice out there that says this dose is taboo. For some it may be taboo, but for others it may be the amount that unlocks the door.

Andrew Weil and several other psychedelic vetrens have said that they believe low doses are more conductive to inducing bad trips than larger ones. The reasoning is that bad trips are caused by the ego reacting to the psychedelic and trying to hold on. On a high dose this is not possible. I should also note that they were talking about LSD. While I do agree with them as far as LSD goes ,I see mushrooms in a different light.I do believe mushrooms are different in this aspect. Whenever I turn someone onto mushshrooms its usually a 1.5-2 grams. A high dose mushroom trip can be way to frightning for the newbie.

So I do agree that the younger or newer psychonought is best served to start low and work there way up with mushrooms. This alows them to establish a relationship and trust of our sacred fungi. Then they can work there way up as they choose. We shouldn't dicourage people(with some experiance) from taking the 5 gram trip, but inform them and give them the best advice on how to venture into this spiritual ocean.
Some folks may find their treasure by using larger doses and others may find it by using smaller ones. I just think we have to be careful to not say one method is right and the other is wrong. But that its best to start at a low comfortable dose and work your way up if you choose.

I do see the point you make about newbies eating to much. I come from a world were eating to much was just enough. But we were surrounded by people that would turn our freak outs into a lifechanging positive experiance. I realize that not everybody has this kind of support system. That realy saddens me because they should. Just as the Indians have there support system, and we had ours I believe that there is no better setting for the new psychounought than being around experianced, loving people that they trust.

As I said I realize your intentions are good. Just needed some clarification.
Carry onward mushroom soldier :heart: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2046707 - 10/27/03 05:52 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

> they believe low doses are more conductive to inducing bad trips than larger ones.

It is odd, but acid and mushrooms work opposite for me, with regard to dosages and ego. When I take a large dosage of mushrooms I get torn apart into a very confusing world where my self struggles to cling to reality. Even when my sense of self dissolves, the confusion overpowers anything constructive that I might have retained from the experience. If I take a small dosage of mushrooms, I am able to focus on the illusions that I see, loosing my self in the constructions or reality.

I do not have the experience with acid that I do with mushrooms, though I feel that it is a better tool for self (or lack of self) exploration. With the larger doses of acid that I have taken, the world becomes more crisp and clear rather than distored and confusing. My focus and concentration become superhuman as I find myself lost again and again... surfing the waves between duality and nirvona.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order