Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
1st Salvia experience - dipping my toes in the pool
    #1717656 - 07/15/03 09:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I came home last night to discover I'd received my order of Green Goddess Emerald Extract from Daniel Seibert/Salviawisdom.org. Quick service, by the way, and a very authoratative website from the leading authority on Salvia D. After taking care of the dogs and cats, I waited until the sun began to set a bit, so as to make things a bit darker in the basement where I was to take this first experience.
I mixed four droppers of extract with three of hot water, as recommended for first-timers, and tried my best to keep it in my moutn for the recommended 15 minutes; I swallowed some over the course of the 15 minutes, I found it hard not to. I had brushed my teeth/mouth beforehand as well, to clean off dead skin cells.
After maybe 5 minutes or so, I noticed that the little tubes sticking out of the 1/4 kegs of homebrew I have in the basement started to move around a bit, which was pretty cool, as I didn't feel like I was really tripping, but that they were really moving on their own. Kinda cool.
As I was getting to the 15 minute mark I was feeling increasingly influenced; things were starting to breathe as I often encountered in the past with acid. There was a somehow different quality to the experience, though, kind of hard to describe, more organic if that makes any sense.
Unfortunately, I'd had to interupt myself by this point to go upstairs and tell the dogs to shut up, as they were very much interupting my mind set; I'll have to do something with them in the future, as being interupted definately interferes with the experience.
I made my way downstairs again, and sat back down on the couch. The effects started coming on then somewhat suddenly, not so much as it does when smoked, though, from what experience reports usually state. It was very dream-like, the air seemed kind of thick, and visually things were really pretty cool, but then as I was getting into things a bit more, I developed a very uneasy feeling, like things were heading in a negative direction, maybe because my sense of relaxation/focus had been interupted by the dogs, but I just felt generally bad/uneasy at that point, as if my thoughts were going to be caught up in a loop of some sort, which just didn't feel quite right, and somewhat frightening. I decided to go upstairs, away from what was becoming a negative experience. Salvia does certainly affect one's motor skills, as I had to proceed with some caution walking to and up the stairs, but I could tell I was ok in doing so, and not likely to suddenly fall (although I'm sure that higher doses would pretty much make moving out of the question).
I got upstairs, and suddenly felt much better, as if I'd left the negativity down in the basement. I decided to lie down on the bed and see if I couldn't make use of the remaining effects, but didn't really even experience CEV's, which kind of surprised me; I guess it had largely run it's course already. I went into the living room after a bit, turned onthe TV, and noted that the colors were quite vivid. I later slept great, and feel kind of refreshed today. I wish I were in an anthropology class or something stimulating, rather tha at work. I feel mentally cleansed to some extent.
In general, I'm happy to have taken a relatively light dose, as recommended for 1st timers, and was very capable of handling the negativity that I experienced. The dogs gotta go outside or something next time, as being interupted does seems to greatly interfere with what is a relatively brief experience anyway. Being relaxed and not having concerns going through one's mind seems important; set is important, as one might expect. I'm looking forward to getting more into it, and more out of it, next time. I'm very happy, as well, having bought the Green Goddess Extract as opposed to smoking extract, which seems to blow people away so much that they never want to touch it again. I'd like to try that eventually too, but want to build up to it. The dosage I took would seem to correspond with the 'A' or so on the S-A-L-V-I-A scale (the first A, of course). Definately worth further investigation.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: 1st Salvia experience - dipping my toes in the pool [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1722269 - 07/16/03 06:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Nice report, I had a simular first experince. I've been interested in trying the liquid extract, but it's a bit expensive. Good to hear it works nicely.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: 1st Salvia experience - dipping my toes in the pool [Re: Twirling]
    #1722385 - 07/16/03 07:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I tried the Essence and experienced nothing but the eating away of tender mouth tissues. Took about four days to heal from the alcohol burn!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: 1st Salvia experience - dipping my toes in the pool [Re: Swami]
    #1722468 - 07/16/03 08:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, that's why I plan on mixing it with warm water, as recommended. Actually, I'm just going to use the dried leaf as a quid first. That stuff sounds like it burns worse than listerene!

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1724018 - 07/17/03 06:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

afom did three dropper-fulls of that stuff three times (shot one, hold it for 15.. spit - shot two, hold it for 15.. spit...) and had quite a strong trip

Undilluted is the way to go :wink: it doesn't feel much more "spicey" heh

I'm glad you found it interesting - the first few times I took the stuff (and smoked it) I felt a bit of unease (hey same with shrooms hmm? first few times AT LEAST), but once you gain a bit of confidence with the experience it can change into something very different.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (07/17/03 06:17 AM)

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Re: 1st Salvia experience - dipping my toes in the pool [Re: Strumpling]
    #1724139 - 07/17/03 08:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

" tried the Essence and experienced nothing but the eating away of tender mouth tissues. Took about four days to heal from the alcohol burn! "

Yeah, diluting is recommended for alleviating the burn; it's described as making one feel like they've eaten really hot soup. You're supposed to increase the dosage by 50% to compensate strengh-wise when diluting. I think I miht get some of the leaves for quids too, that sounds pretty cool too. I know I'll smoke some eventually, but I've found I'm best off working my way up the dosage ladder.
Holding it in your mouth for the full 15 minutes seems to be stressed, so maybe if one doesn't get much of an effect that may be the problem, plus I've read it can take a few experiences to achive a breakthrough. I had trouble not swallowing at least some of it while holding it in my mouth. I think I'll try to meditate or something for a bit before I take it next time, so as to have a clearer mindset...and the world's loudest Chihuaha (sp?) definately has to go outside for a while.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1724944 - 07/17/03 04:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

you could meditate with the stuff in your mouth :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Re: 1st Salvia experience - dipping my toes in the pool [Re: Strumpling]
    #1727811 - 07/18/03 04:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

"you could meditate with the stuff in your mouth "

he he, yeah, you could try anyway...by the time i spit it out, what i hadn't swallowed, it came out looking like thick black bile, really weird. Definately some interesting stuff, gonna try to get deeper again soon, sometime within the next few days.

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
    #1733373 - 07/20/03 11:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

had to interupt myself by this point to go upstairs and tell the dogs to shut up,

Heh heh!

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: 1st Salvia experience - dipping my toes in the pool [Re: trev]
    #1735797 - 07/21/03 07:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

A couple times when I've smoked salvia one of my dogs always comes to me and bothers me, and it always really frustrates me. I know what you mean with the dogs. I'm really irritable for about 5 minutes on salvia if something is bothering me.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports