Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Hit me with some Trippy jam bands
    #20285255 -

I just got into jam bands I like mostly electronic music, most of what I listened to was local djsthat played deep bassy stuff or deep techy stuff, and a few big guys like shpongle that is too hard not to listen too.

I just went to a show were I saw the drummer form the disco biscuits and it blew my mind hole how he mixed and played the drums at the same time...

My question is if what's your fav trippy bands/songs/sets

An old head was jammin some phish and old GD jams I liked but can't find any thing I enjoy online.... I really liked it when they would play long wierd trippy distorted solos for periods of time.

Pre thanks to who links up some music, your spreading love.



Edit: also if there's any mix of jam bands and electronic stuff I'd love to hear it.

I'd really like to see the two scenes comtogeather:heart:


--------------------
You have to let it go neo, fear, doubt. Disbelief



"The menu is not the meal."
Alan watts

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”
Bill Hicks

Edited by Lucid Toast (07/17/14 10:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: Lucid Toast]
    #20285262 -




the art in this video tho.... :raveface:


gorgeous


--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Edited by JesusIsLord (07/17/14 10:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: JesusIsLord]
    #20285313 -

This is what I'm listening to right now at work.. Dig into some STS9 live sets. You'll definitely dig them. I have a feeling you'll be more into the "Jamtronica" genre.

[url=
sts9-ef2014-night2]https://soundcloud.com/rave_squirrel/sets/sts9-ef2014-night2[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: toader123]
    #20285392 -

IDK about trippy jam bands, but check these albums out, they're all psychedelic rock albums that are absolute must-listens. and yes i realize none of these are really jam bands or albums, but they're badass and psychedelic.

1) golden earring - moontan [find the US version with this tracklist, the UK version order sucks balls]
notes: these dudes can turn any fucking riff into a badass jam. notice the track lengths. one of the best albums i've ever heard. more like psychedelic rock than psychedelic trippy, but whatever.

"Radar Love" – 6:24
"Candy's Going Bad" – 6:12
"Vanilla Queen" – 9:20
"Big Tree, Blue Sea" – 8:13
"Are You Receiving Me" (Fenton, Hay, Kooymans) – 9:32]

2) country joe and the finish - electric music for the mind and body.
notes: a classic trippy psych rock album

3)king crimson - in the court of the crimson king

4)pink floyd - piper at the gates of dawn

if you're in the mood for more electronic, i'd say check this out:

tangerine dream - phaedra. not really 'jam music', but more like electronic ambience. totally awesome in my opinion.



sorry if my post is worthless, but i think this is all cool shit worth looking into! :smile:

Edited by pfxtc (07/17/14 11:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: toader123]
    #20285395 -


Right on Jesus, I'm into alittle bit of the darker, deeper side of the bassy world.

Thank you toader, jamtronica is totally what I was looking for!

~now what were those long drawn out trippy sets the dead played called?

Thanks guys :wink:


--------------------
You have to let it go neo, fear, doubt. Disbelief



"The menu is not the meal."
Alan watts

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”
Bill Hicks

Edited by Lucid Toast (07/17/14 11:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: Lucid Toast]
    #20285399 -

Lucid Toast said:
Thank you toader, jamtronica is totally what I was looking for~now what were those long drawn out trippy sets the dead played called?
Thanks guys :wink:



Oh if you like the Dead, and are sort of new into them, I'd check out LADIES AND GENTLEMAN - LIVE AT THE FILLMORE. CD3 is my favorite, with Pigpen taking center stage. LIVE/DEAD is also CRUCIAL for any grateful dead fan.



--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: pfxtc]
    #20285410 -

Killlllla  thankyou!

Nothin like new tunes.


--------------------
You have to let it go neo, fear, doubt. Disbelief



"The menu is not the meal."
Alan watts

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”
Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: Lucid Toast]
    #20285418 -

Yeah I hear you. I'm at some weird musical transition period and hate everything I used to like and can't find anything new, so I just play guitar and that satisfies me :lol:.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: pfxtc]
    #20285433 -

I really dig this band :heart:


--------------------
"And so castles made of sand fall in the sea, eventually "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: Lucid Toast]
    #20285471 -

Lucid Toast said:
Right on Jesus, I'm into alittle bit of the darker, deeper side of the bassy world.

Thank you toader, jamtronica is totally what I was looking for!

~now what were those long drawn out trippy sets the dead played called?

Thanks guys :wink:



https://archive.org/details/GratefulDead

basically every grateful dead set ever, online, free. you're welcome.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: pfxtc]
    #20285538 -

Maybe try and explore so e electronic stuff if your bored^^

I thought I knew. I olny liked bassy music, now ive explored bands a bit I've opened myself to music that isn't just my fav, but music I like~gotta save your epic favs for epic moments.


Heres a local dj mixing one of my fav speeches to some bassy tunes..

?in=happyprana/sets/bass-tribe


--------------------
You have to let it go neo, fear, doubt. Disbelief



"The menu is not the meal."
Alan watts

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”
Bill Hicks

Edited by Lucid Toast (07/17/14 11:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: Lucid Toast]
    #20285543 -

Lucid Toast said:
Maybe try and explore so e electronic stuff if your bored^^

I thought I knew. I olny liked bassy music, now ive explored bands a bit I've opened myself to music that isn't just my fav, but music I like~gotta save your epic favs for epic moments.



Very true. That's why I NEVER listen to Dark Side of the Moon. It's my 'go-to' :lol:.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: pfxtc]
    #20285601 -

pfxtc said:
Yeah I hear you. I'm at some weird musical transition period and hate everything I used to like and can't find anything new, so I just play guitar and that satisfies me :lol:.



What I like about djs is they rarly play the same set twice. A lot of thair originals and others music fuzed into theirs with different effects and such so it's rarly the same if your catching them live.


--------------------
You have to let it go neo, fear, doubt. Disbelief



"The menu is not the meal."
Alan watts

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”
Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: Lucid Toast]
    #20285616 -

Lucid Toast said:
pfxtc said:
Yeah I hear you. I'm at some weird musical transition period and hate everything I used to like and can't find anything new, so I just play guitar and that satisfies me :lol:.



What I like about djs is they rarly play the same set twice. A lot of thair originals and others music fuzed into theirs with different effects and such so it's rarly the same if your catching them live.



I've never been to a live electronic show. I love me live guitar music though. I did find a dude named TY SEGALL and his band FUZZ which is pretty awesome.



--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: pfxtc]
    #20285624 -

I swear to god that Earthen Gate song I just posted is one of the best songs I've ever heard. I just love the vocals. Fucking awesome song. I got their new LP on vinyl and just have it fucking blasting.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (07/17/14 12:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: pfxtc]
    #20285629 -

screw yo jam bands. :ifyoucanawe:

can't be touched, can't be stopped, can't be moved, can't be rocked, can't be shook. we HOT. :zomgzomgzomg:



--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Edited by JesusIsLord (07/17/14 12:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands *DELETED* [Re: JesusIsLord]
    #20285670 -

Post deleted by moey

Reason for deletion: Blam



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: moey]
    #20285672 -

moey said:
Pink Floyd - ummagumma disc 1:thumbup:
Iron butterfly - in a gadda davida
Grateful dead - live/dead



in a gadda davida is my favorite song to play along with. fun jam song.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: Lucid Toast]
    #20285789 -

I am starting to listen to more Blue Öyster Cult as we speak on Youtube. Is that the same type of music?


--------------------
  we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit me with some Trippy jam bands [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #20285795 -

Cannabischarlie said:
I am starting to listen to more Blue Öyster Cult as we speak on Youtube. Is that the same type of music?



Never liked them. Kind of 'shallow' music in my opinion. And I wouldn't call them 'jam' by any means.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (07/17/14 12:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Jam bands - it took me too long too appreciate them! freddurgan 1,606 18 08/01/04 05:47 PM
by bluedolphin
* What's your favorite jam band?
( 1 2 all )
acidhead1279 3,751 23 03/01/05 06:07 PM
by Redstorm
* what do you think of jam bands? Anonymous 1,100 7 09/19/04 11:51 PM
by Phishgrrl
* Have The Dead ever commented on other jam bands?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
LearyfanS 13,596 104 09/09/11 11:38 PM
by PiRepeating
* Jam Band Cruise- Phishgrrl 952 14 08/30/04 09:23 PM
by Mykey
* Jam Bands Prisoner#1 508 2 09/04/04 03:25 PM
by ChiefThunderbong
* Grateful Dead, the most dangerous band of all time
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 6,544 36 05/17/18 05:37 PM
by Boomer The Great
* Anyone heard the band Particle yet?? Adamist 2,032 16 04/26/04 12:13 AM
by Hooty

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,392 topic views. 1 members, 197 guests and 96 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.