Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineraas
Stranger
Help... i think i've eaten poisonous shrooms.
    #2025967 - 10/20/03 04:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, or i haven't searched. But i really need an answer fast as i'm pretty worried. It would be apprecated if this isn't moved or closed for the moment

Took 30 liberty caps in the UK yesterday at 4pm, 30 mins i was coming up but felt very ill... after that i was tripping, they were definitely magic.

Next morning i got up early for work and had to call in sick, had diareah (spelling wrong i know) stomach pains, felt pretty ill.

Went to see doctor, didnt tell him about shrooms eaten... he gave me the once over and said "it's probably a stomach bug".

After that (24 hours after consumption) i was feeling well again....now at 10 o clock (about 30 hours of consumption) my chest feels weird, heart rate going very slow to quite fast... very hot and pains in stomach. breathing slightly difficult also.. and my head feels pretty weird.

Can anyone give me any insight into if i have eaten poisonous shrooms? my friend who ate them with me is fine, so chances are it was one or 2 poisonous ones i consumed...which grow in grass and look like liberty caps.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: raas]
    #2025983 - 10/20/03 05:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Offlineshroomstruck

Re: Help... i think i've eaten poisonous shrooms. [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2025997 - 10/20/03 05:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You should have told the doctor ... I'd be calling him back or going to the emergency room if not getting better!

Offlineone800chiapet
Plant-HumanRelationshipsover the phone
Re: Help... i think i've eaten poisonous shrooms. [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2025998 - 10/20/03 05:07 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Be honest with your doctor. It's confidential, no one's going to get in trouble. Tell him/her exactly what happened, especially in a situation like this. Do you have anymore of the suspect shrooms?

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Help... i think i've eaten poisonous shrooms. [Re: one800chiapet]
    #2026012 - 10/20/03 05:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Just tell the doctor you consumed the mushrooms because you believed they were harmless edibles to add to your salad. Don't tell him you were after magic mushrooms.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Offlineraas
Stranger
    #2026017 - 10/20/03 05:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

No. The doctor is out the question as the surgery has shut. My only other option is to tell Parents i'ev been taking magic mushrooms, and be taken to casualty... which is something i really don't want to do and will try to avoid unless i get a lot worse.

OfflineAmazonMatt
Mushie muncher

Re: Help... i think i've eaten poisonous shrooms. [Re: raas]
    #2026028 - 10/20/03 05:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Dude if you are sick and worried about the chances of being poisoned Fess up and get it taken care of what would your parents rather do; bury their child or bring him to the hospital because he was munchin on some cubies? Do the math...

Offlineraas
Stranger
Re: Help... i think i've eaten poisonous shrooms. [Re: AmazonMatt]
    #2026049 - 10/20/03 05:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Here is a picture of the type of shroom i ate, "Liberty cap". Found in the UK. (it's dry now, i ate them fresh) I suspect possibly one of the small ones could have been poisonous, yet undistinguishable to a liberty cap as it wasn't fully grown.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/382428/Picture12.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/382428/Picture13.jpg

Thanks again for any help/advice.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #2026073 - 10/20/03 05:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You might actually be better off if this thread WAS moved to the mushroom hunting forum. Hunters would know about poisonous lookalikes, and they do a lot of IDing over there on that forum.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #2026157 - 10/20/03 06:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

There aren't a whole lot of deadly mushrooms that look like liberty caps. The only deadly mushrooms that come to mind as far as Lib look alikes go are Inocybes. Chances are probably one of these things or a combination of a few of them:

1. You ate an old, rotting mushroom and got food poisoning from it.

2. You picked some other kind of poisonous mushroom.

3. Your stomach might be upset by fertilizers that could have been absorbed by/sprayed on the mushrooms.

4. Your stomach just doesn't fare well with Libs. I always get diarrhea if I eat Panaeolus mushrooms. Different people react differently.

Some questions:

Where were these mushrooms growing that you picked and ate?
Are you sure that your heartrate has decreased, or could it just be placebo induced by paranoia?
Are you having any issues with urinating(not able to, smells funny, blood in urine)?
Do you have a fever?
Have you been vomiting?
Sweating?

Offlineraas
Stranger
Re: Help... i think i've eaten poisonous shrooms. [Re: Gumby]
    #2026189 - 10/20/03 06:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the info GumbyDude, it's appreciated.

In reply to the questions, the mushrooms were picked in a grass field. I havent been sweating, but i sometimes get very hot flushes. I haven't vomited.. although i thought i was going too a few times. My urine is fine, although colourless.

The most interesting thing is that i keep going into remission - I'm actually feeling perfectly normal again, although i don't doubt the symptoms will return later.

As for asking about paranoia, i'm not paranoid but i ponder if anxiety could be in the equation. I have suffered bad anxiety and panic attacks in the past after using some strong ecstasy pills.

However, needing to vomit and having the shits isn't really a symptom of anxiety. I am definitely ill.

Offlineone800chiapet
Plant-HumanRelationshipsover the phone
    #2026208 - 10/20/03 06:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Tell your parents, if you are poisoned, they will find out anyway.

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
    #2026272 - 10/20/03 06:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Take some liquids man,chances are you didn't absorb too much of anything.Keep the water,NOT caffine,volume high,preferably SPRING water.Tommorrow go to your health food store and get either/or-AND;Dr.Gillian McKeith's energy drink (large bottle),"DE-TOX cordial" (and spring water it's a CORDIAL),carrot juice,an energy drink.Foods like bananas to get your energy up once you FEEL like it!Just keep the fluid level high for now BUT try not to bloat the bladder!Also go to the hospital under your own steam if need be OR talk to your folks,it's your call man....

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Anonymous

#2026282 - 10/20/03 06:42 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

People! Tell your doctor the truth! Believe it or not they're more concerned with your wellbeing than with the drug war.

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #2026299 - 10/20/03 06:46 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hrm... Tricky situation. It's still possible that this could be a case of Amatoxin poisoning. I'm not really the one to make the call here, that would be ToxicMan... he knows a lot more about this stuff than I do.

One scary thing about Amatoxin poisoning is that you'll get sick about 6-12 hours after eating the mushroom, that'll last about a day or two. Once the pain and sickness goes away, the person feels good for 4-8 days, meanwhile their liver and/or kydneys is slowly starting to fail. About 10 days later they can go into a coma due to liver failure... Not to scare ya, but that's how it goes with Amatoxins.

Is it at all possible for you to collect more of the mushrooms you ate and take a spore print and do some more tests for us?

Read some of these links about mushroom poisoning and see what you think...
http://www.ansci.cornell.edu/plants/toxicagents/amanita/amanita.html#symptoms
http://www.germology.com/mushrooms.htm
http://www.bluewillowpages.com/mushroomexpert/deadly_toxins.html

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Help... i think i've eaten poisonous shrooms. [Re: Silverwolf]
    #2026304 - 10/20/03 06:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The effects you were suffering from have probably surpassed by now but if you were that worried why didn't you just go to the nearest A & E and have some tests done? Would have been a logical thing to do.

I was also thinking the same Gumby (Amatoxins), but he/she said it were "liberty caps", which don't have any "Amanita" look-a-likes. The mind wonders...

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #2026587 - 10/20/03 08:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Let's start by getting a concise list of symptoms and when they started, relative to when you ate the mushrooms.

About 30 minutes after eating them you seem to have shown symptoms of nausea, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. Please confirm how long it took before the symptoms occurred and what your symptoms were.

You mention your chest "feeling funny" (altered heart rate?). The next time (if there is a next time) you feel that, take your pulse and let us know if your pulse is higher or lower than normal. Take your pulse now so you have something to compare it to.

The next time you start to feel ill, check your eyes in the mirror. See if your pupils are bigger or smaller than normal. Again, take a look now so you have something to compare to.

From your description so far, you could have any of a variety of toxins. Answers to the above questions should help narrow it down a bit.

On the negative side, it's way more than 4 hours since you ate the mushrooms. That means you've absorbed whatever toxins you're going to and there's no way to minimize that any more.

The medical treatment for poisoning at this point consists of supportive care. That is, making sure you have enough water and food so you don't get sick from a lack of them. Any other serious symptoms need to be treated by a medical doctor.

If you begin to show any more serious symptoms than nausea, stomach cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea (or if they become severe enough to cause a dehydration risk), you should seek medical assistance immediately. This time, tell them that you ate some wild mushrooms and may have eaten some poisonous ones. They have blood tests they can do that will tell them if you've been poisoned by the deadliest toxins.

The mushroom poisonings with less than a 4 hour onset can be severe and unpleasant, but they are very rarely fatal. The possible problem is that you may have multiple different types of poisoning.

Even with the worst toxins, the survival rate (with medical treatment) is about 90% or better (without, the rates are *much* worse). Again, if your condition significantly worsens, seek medical attention.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Help... i think i've eaten poisonous shrooms. [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2026965 - 10/20/03 11:07 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Are you sure all the Liberty caps looked the same? perhaps you ate some real lib caps....tripped off them....then the toxin of some other species of mushroom began to show up. If you are still feeling shitty but concluded you are ok eneouph to not seek medical attention...then you should try this to make you feel better. Sit in tub and just chug green tea. This will help flush toxins out of your body quicker. I've done this when I accidentally injested a molyblite and it worked really well----Even though it was'nt the best decision. Definaltey go to the hospital if you think your health might be in jeopordy.

OfflineWashroomer
Stranger

Re: Help... i think i've eaten poisonous shrooms. [Re: orizon]
    #2027423 - 10/21/03 02:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

And may I add the question if you have recently taken presription or OTC medication? Sorry to butt in this way, those things I described have powerful interactions and long lasting repercussions.....?

Offlinebigfatdork
Now I Have Teeth

Loc: North PoLL
Re: Help... i think i've eaten poisonous shrooms. [Re: Washroomer]
    #2027743 - 10/21/03 04:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I ate the wrong shrooms once... that's why I haven't posted here in a while (year and an half to two)

when I was in the ER they just gave my thorazine (sp?) and fluids

they brought in an expert and he said that all the could really be done was makeing me feel better. "There either going to kill you, or not. there's nothing we can really do about it now"

I was very dehydrated and it turns out that was the only thing that could have done me in. If you start having uncontrolable diarrhea coupled with vomiting tell the rents, it could kill you even if the shrooms don't...

--------------------
"But it was alright, he had won the battle against himself, He Loved Big Brother"

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Toilet Paper

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification