Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in?
    #20239467 -

Me and my lady are thinking about going to NY, so I was browsing hotels. And came across the infamous Hotel Carter. It won Trip Advisor's Dirtiest Hotel in America list 3 separate years. It's in Times Square and at one point a few years ago was down to like $75 bucks a room. Other hotels in the area are like $300 and up.

Roaches the size of damn near half dollars, rats, hookers and johns, gangsters...even the occasional body/murder/suicide ain't out of the norm according to past guests.

Check out one of the reviews I came across that got my attention:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You HAVE to see this place to believe it. Your worst nightmare come true. You can't invent a place like this. The front "lobby" is dark with black walls, some vending machines, and a very dirty interior. It looks like a scene out of BLADERUNNER. It looks exactly like it! or  a 1940's B movie where a gumshoe detective would hunt down a two bit criminal in a two-bit dive hotel. THIS IS IT. Except this is a ONE bit hotel charging three bit rates. How this place has not been CLOSED by the City of New York Health Inspectors is a complete mystery. They must have some serious money being passed under the table to government officials.

This is the kind of "hotel" that makes  THE BATES MOTEL look like a paradise. I had the honor of staying there with some friends from another state who had no idea what they were in for. MOST of the hotel rooms are pretty much the same. They smell awful. a DEAD BODY was literally found stuffed under a bed for DAYS (no one checked because everybody was used to the hotel smelling like a sewer) in 2007. Sick man. SICK. I have been told a number of suicides have been occurred over the years. If you had to live in this place more than a week, I wouldn't blame you for committing suicide. This is the kind of dive that Syd Vicious would have enjoyed for a few nights than gotten the hell out.

Let's go to a typical ROOM. The VIEW is non-exisitant--well thereIS a view if you can manage to open a painted shut window. Most of the windows are painted black and SHUT. You can not open them. But you do not want to...because the view is the back of an old abandoned brick building. Your room door opens to see a large bed and almost NO SPACE to walk or put your luggage. It smells like death. The carpet is decades old and caked and soiled from time. The paint has been painted over and over. Maybe 100 times..probably LEAD paint that will give you cancer under it all. The bathroom is an experience. Little towels and the bathroom door would not close all the way and had NO LOCK (lol). When I tried to close the bathroom door--the paint from old coats was so thick the door only met halfway-you could not close the door. My girlfriend could see me taking a shit. Awesome. Hot water in the shower is "occasional". Like once a week occasional according to another guest I chatted with. Bedbugs infest the beds so the hotel covers the beds in plastic (!!!). Room service ? No. Cable TV? No. Literally two channels work and both fuzzy. Wifi $15.00 a day lol.  You really do NOT want to be EATING in these rooms...do you. You WILL find visitors (the VERMIN kind) if you leave a crumb. I left a can of SODA open to find roaches crawling over it when I turned on the light. I called the front desk. The woman said "This is New York-we have roaches and rats, deal with it" LOL. This place is the worst piece of crap hotel you will EVER EVER EVER pay to stay in. It is a serious tourist trap. Many of the customers are unsuspecting Europeans who travel to new York and for some reason have come to this place for a few nights because it's so cheap. The street scene outside the hotel is pretty much the backstage doors of strip clubs and homeless asking for money. This hotel SHOULD have been used in the movie TAXI DRIVER.

I think the people who run this place ENJOY SADISTIC BEHAVIOR. I think they are well aware of the hotel defects and get some random kicks out of watching unsuspecting 'guests" squirm and BEG for help, a different room, A CLEAN TOWEL.  They get off on your misery. I would suggest NEVER walking past the lobby again. There is mold dripping and leaking ceilings..you WILL get some sort of strange infection. I have to ASK---does anyone know a WOrse, nastier, older, more dirty, grungy, dimly lit HOTEL---show me...this place is the KING OF GRIME. if you are from Eastern Europe I guess this place is FINE but really aren't you glad that the days of  "khrushchyovky" style living is coming to an end? (If you are American please google that word--i assure you the photos and descriptions of housing will not be kind).

The lobby is like a scene out of a 1980's mafia movie. Very shady characters and prostitutes handling business as usual out in the open like it's no big deal. You walk by drug addict after drug addict just going to your room. Place is probably haunted too due to all of the death that has happened on its grounds. And the hallways...it's like straight out of the movie The Shining. Worst night of my life!!!

Sleeping on the SUWBAY IS BETTER CHOICE!!!! MUCH Cleaner, less filth!









Pics from the hotel. Damn! Posh joint.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #20239511 -

The worst hotel I stayed at was a Motel Six in Medford, Oregon. It was one of those last-minute things where I wasn't even anticipating being there, so I had no time to make reservations anywhere nicer.
The room was a fucking dump, filthy as shit, hair on the pillows and trash on the floor. Restroom had not been cleaned since ever. Television did not work. No fridge in the room. Pretty sure vermin had taken up residence in the room at some point.
The best part were the sketchy fuckers cooking and selling methamphetamine in the room right next to us all night and into the early hours of the morning.


Contrarily, the best hotel I'd ever stayed at was a suite on the 47th floor of the Marriott Marquis in Manhattan. It was the polar opposite of that disgusting hive of filth that I stayed at in Medford. It was also outrageously expensive, but it was a special occasion so it was justified. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: something super extreme] * 4
    #20239546 -

The worst motel... Philadelphia Airport Econo Lodge. I was there for a half hour before some effeminate twink knocked on my door asking if I was looking for company. There was nothing good on TV. I'm not proud.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: koods]
    #20239550 -

My god, koods. I am saddened but totally unsurprised by your lack of discernment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: something super extreme]
    #20239562 -

sVs said:
The worst hotel I stayed at was a Motel Six in Medford, Oregon. It was one of those last-minute things where I wasn't even anticipating being there, so I had no time to make reservations anywhere nicer.
The room was a fucking dump, filthy as shit, hair on the pillows and trash on the floor. Restroom had not been cleaned since ever. Television did not work. No fridge in the room. Pretty sure vermin had taken up residence in the room at some point.
The best part were the sketchy fuckers cooking and selling methamphetamine in the room right next to us all night and into the early hours of the morning.



Same here for me. A Motel 6. Your description to a tee just about. Had to stay somewhere for a week, and they had good weekly rates.

And then I opened the door to room...and found out firsthand why the rates were so good.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: something super extreme]
    #20239582 -

sVs said:
My god, koods. I am saddened but totally unsurprised by your lack of discernment.



I was 20 or 21 and opportunity knocked.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: koods]
    #20239593 -

I stayed in a Hotel in Vietnam a few years ago that was pretty terrible, but then again the area was not a tourist destination and many of the locals had never seen a white person in real life before.

It was small room with two single beds, no TV and no internet. The bathroom had a toilet, a sink and in the corner was a shower with no screen or anything around it. There was no hot water and the roaches were plentiful. No wonder it was only like $7 a night. I can't really remember it very well, but I know I didn't enjoy it there.

It was a 3 hour drive to get there from the city and the taxi driver stayed overnight in his car so he could also get the return fare... the taxi was way more expensive than the hotel - I think it was $80 for 24 hours of his time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: Nevermind]
    #20239600 -

Tallyho-tel in Erie PA


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #20239646 -

:cannotunsee:

Jesus why?! WHY!?

Shit is nasty...

I dont really have a bad hotel story.

I usually sleep in a tent or in my car.


--------------------
"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."-Henry David Thoreau

MY ART

Skip Divided

What I See

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #20239874 -

I stayed in a pay by the hour motel in what appeared to be a pretty shitty area of Newark, NJ. I was with a couple Shroomerites and a few other people after a fest. An... Interesting night and a story I find myself sharing often. One of the best parts is we turned on the TV and it was like interracial anal porn, and I'm pretty sure porn was the only thing on the TV.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: jewunit]
    #20240225 -

jewunit said:
One of the best parts is we turned on the TV and it was like interracial anal porn, and I'm pretty sure porn was the only thing on the TV.



:canthelpbutlaugh:


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #20240249 -

I once stayed at a Motel that rents out by the hour. $45 a night in the worst part of Seattle. It was ghetto as fuck and filled with hoez and crackheads but the motel was small. It's easier to keep a small place somewhat livable. That place your showing looks huge. I'm sure they gave up on it years ago.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: Magicman69]
    #20240270 -

Magicman69 said:
That place your showing looks huge. I'm sure they gave up on it years ago.



Yeah that's part of why it's such a trip. The Carter is like a 750 room hotel (literally). That's insane. I almost wanted to stay there just for the experience, lmao. Just so I could say I did. That's probably pretty fucking stupid but there was a small part of me that would like to see it from the inside.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #20240278 -

$15 a night for wifi. LOL. That's just over the top.

Stay one night at the Carter and one night at the Plaza. Polar opposites.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the worst hotel/motel you've stayed in? [Re: Magicman69]
    #20240293 -

Magicman69 said:
$15 a night for wifi. LOL. That's just over the top.



lmao at the wifi rate being like a fifth of the total room rate :rofl:

I like how the reviewer compared the hotel to like four different movies during his tangent.

Magicman69 said:
Stay one night at the Carter and one night at the Plaza. Polar opposites.



Your system would probably go into shock if you stayed at the Carter one night and then stayed at the Plaza the next.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 200 Motels sirbojangles 343 2 06/28/07 10:13 PM
by ToTheSummit
* Places you've NEVER made whoopee but want to
( 1 2 all )
Morphrying 5,791 34 03/14/03 07:08 PM
by psyphon
* Vegas, what hotel? ThorA 1,079 11 07/23/04 04:19 PM
by mntlfngrs
* Hotel California/ Shining Wormsy 4,542 6 05/02/04 08:35 AM
by Wysefool
* The Greatful Dead trashing a hotel room ? Crass 1,089 5 06/26/03 01:38 PM
by Learyfan
* 'We Built This City' Ranks as Worst Record Ever kosmic_charlie 2,312 11 04/24/04 06:30 AM
by Wysefool
* The worst shroomery post.
( 1 2 3 all )
Ellis Dee 7,640 45 12/03/12 03:57 PM
by JohnnieYen
* What's the furthest you've travelled to buy drugs?
( 1 2 3 all )
spleen 8,836 41 02/09/11 03:49 PM
by 4runner

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,195 topic views. 3 members, 11 guests and 119 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.