Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, Jimi Hendrix, San Pedro, Terrence McKenna, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Lycaeum
    #2022136 - 10/19/03 07:21 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Lycaeum

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.For man has closed himself up, till he sees all thingsthro' narrow chinks of his cavern."- William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell, 1793

"One side will make you larger; the other side will make you smaller."- Lewis Carrol (the caterpillar)

"Only the curious will learn, only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning.The Quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient."- Eugene S. Wilson

"A physicist is an atom's way of knowing about atoms."- George Wald

"If you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove!"- Timothy Leary (in the memory of a trail-blazer)

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to percieve with our frail and feeble mind."- Albert Einstein

"In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true, either is true, or becomes true."- John Lilly

"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible."- Albert Einstein

"I do not take drugs. I am drugs."- Salvador Dali, Diary of a Genius, 1966

"Rejection of the idea that mental events have no locus bycommon sense, for whatever reason, proves nothing. Other fields of science are built on propositions that may seem absurd but in fact aretrue. (Air is heavy, has weight? Water is made up of two gases? Thecontinents are adrift in the oceans?"- Donald O. Hebb, 1980

"Q: Why did video drugs never became a big success ?A: Well look at the cost involved a $10.000 computer system or a few cents worth of chemical."- Alexander T. Shulgin, Amsterdam, 18 feb 1996

"While it is undoubtly possible, with the aid of psychoactive drugs, to spanboth time and space, this method of overcoming these factors isunfortunately possible only psychically and not physically. Would the latter be possible, you may rest assured that I would now have taken the appropriate dosage of LSD or psilocybin so as to be transported on theflying carpet to San Francsico, for the purpose of participating in thesymposium on psychoactive drugs."- Albert Hoffmann, Ethnobotanical search or psychoactive drugs(Letter) 1979

"Remember kids, rotate your receptors!"- Jonathan Ott, Palenque BPC,'96, second session

"Psychedelics free us from the anxiety - make us less of a terrified victim and more of a spectator."- T McK during "Visualizing the Unspeakable" at Charlottesville, VA May, '95

"All men die, but not all men truly live!"- William Wallace

"Nothing in life is incomprehensible if you have the proper guidance from Mary Jane."- Kyle A. Vernon"... casual drug users ought to be taken out and shot."- Daryl Gates, Los Angeles police chief, speaking to the Senate Judiciary Committee

"It's like that twilighty show about that zone."- Homer J. Simpson, The Simpsons, 1995

"The prestige of the government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the Prohibition Law. Nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced."- Albert Einstein - My first impression of the USA, 1921

"Something very peculiar adheres to the adventureof being human."- Terence McKenna

"I can't even remember what drug I'm on, but I know it's acid."- Robert F. Campbell, on VPL

"See, the Bible says 'big fish' and everybody assumes, 'a whale.' Whereas I think: 'drugs.'"- Jeremy "Moondog" Young

"There I was, poised in space, a disembodied eye, invisible, incorporeal, seeing but not seen"- R. Gordon Wasson, "Seeking the magic mushrooms" Life, 1957 (rep. in Pharmacotheon, p.58)

"Because the enthusiasm necessary for successful endeavors cannot be commanded, and because the enthusiasm was already present in me as far as this problem was concerned, I decided to conduct the investigation myself"- Albert Hofmann (concerning the isolation of psilocybin from mushrooms)

"Why am I going through life trying to make heads ortails of faceless coins?"- Steven Zikopoulos, 1988

"The "RX" sign seen on all pharmacies, is a prayer to Horus,the Egyptian God of Healing. Chemistry comes from Khem (Egypt). Alchemy -the father of psychedelia...from Al (God) Khem (Egypt).The war on drugs isreally a war against "the pharmakoi" - a ritual scapegoated grouprepresened in classic Greek theatre. "Pharm" is the same in the OldTestament word "pharmakaia" or witch. Hence the war on drugs maintainselements of the witch-hunt, scapegoat and irrational hysteria - evenmythologically inspired hysteria that will not go away. "- Tom Lyttle - Psychedelic Monographs & Essays 1996

"Though the favorites of the gods die young, they also liveeternally in the company of the gods."- Friedrich Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy" "The world is full of fools, and he who would not see it should live alone and smash his mirror."- Claude le Petite "...Six years later it was being produced commercially. The perfect drug. Euphoric, narcotic,pleasently hallucinant. All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol, none of their defects..."- Aldous Huxley, "Brave New World" "Hallucinogens: Examples of hallucinogens are mescaline, LSD,and PCP. (These drugs are also called psychedelics.) They distort theperception of reality. They affect sensation, thinking, self-awareness,and emotion. Depending on the dose and s trength of the particular drug,changes in time and space perception, delusion (false beliefs), andhallucinations (experiencing nonexisting sensations) may occur."- Basic Military Requirements, for US military, 1995"Rember in the dream time things are not what they seem, but what you make them seem."- Australian Shaman, Gargoyles, 1995

"Blinking for a instant I was lost within myself on a path in a garden, which became a forest, which became a world, which became a Universe, and every time I glanced back there was nothing. "- Zachary Moser, (on the effects of LSD), 1995

"Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about alittle attention to drugs which will end war?"- Albert Hofmann, ?

"You finally have to give up experiencing it to be it..."- Ram Dass, Doing Your Own Being, 19??

"The difference between us and Helen Keller is that she knew

"You're god, baby. It's your reality. It all comes from you..."- Dr. Timothy Leary, LP - You Can Be Anyone This Time Around, 1970

"everything done for the first time unleashes a demon."- dave sim, creator of "cerebus", the 80ies

"It's not what we learn about plants that is important, but what they can teach us about themselves that is. "- Jason Volpe

"Great souls have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."- Albert Einstein

"We must beware of committing the fatally common fallacy of assuming that all we see is all there is to see."- C.W. Leadbeater

"Happy is he among men upon earth who has seen these mysteries; but he who isuninitiate and who has no part in them, never has lot of like good things once he is dead, down in the darknessand gloom. "- Greek Hymn to Demeter, trans. Hugh G. Evelyn-White, 1914

"In the province of connected minds, what the network believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits to be found experientially and experimentally. These limits are further beliefs to be transcended. In the network's mind there are no limits."- Dr. John C. Lilly, M.D.

"Chemistry is applied theology."- attributed to August Owsley Stanley III, anecdotal

"I truly wish someone had told me that "The Excorcist"would not be a good thing to watch while tripping for the first time."- David Burnett, 11 hrs after first LSD experience, 1995

"Ask yourself this; 'Are you a human being having a spiritualexperience, or a spiritual being having a human experience?""- Wayne Dyer, PhD

"Thanks for a nation where nobody's allowed to mindtheir own business."- William S. Burroughs

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is aspecies of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the boundsof reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibitionlaw strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our governmentwas founded. "- Attributed to Abraham Lincoln (1809-65)

"Unknowingly we voyage in a labyrinth, a macrodimension maze of living electrical force, cloacked by a thick layer of ordinary life. Our most serious obstacle is the uncontrollable urge to convert everything to the familiar, to reduce it all to the level of the primate brain; to reject the living, breathing reality of the totality of all possible attention."- E.J. Gold, Life in the Labyrinth, 1986

" When you undergo a visionary experience, what you are reallydoing is blowing your socially conditioned, 20th century, hive mind andallowing your brain to, literally, come to its senses. "- Steve Kubby, The Politics Of Consciousness, 1995

"The choice is always ours. Then, let me chooseThe longest art, the Promethean wayCherishingly to tend and feed and fanThat inward fire, whose small precarious flame,Kindled or quench, createsThe noble or the ignoble men we are,The worlds we live in and the very fates,Our bright or muddy star."- Aldous Huxley,from Orion, 1931

"One simple law of the Universe is this:take hydrogen gas and over a long period of timeit makes people."- Anonymous

"Critics have told me I've ruined the lives of 50 million young people. I can't be certain of this, since only about 10 million have ever come back to thank me."- Timothy Leary, 1994 lecture in SF

"He who finds a thought that enables him to obtain a slightly deeper glimpse into the eternal secrets of nature has been given great grace."- Albert Einstein

"Most [trippers] would rather change their way of lookingat reality, than face the difficult and discouragingtask of transforming reality itself.""- David Arora, Mushrooms Demystified, 1986

"Studying the Human Mind without Psychedelic drugs is likestudying religion without a Bible."- Terence Mckenna,1984

"When I think of psychedelic society, what that notion means or implies to me in terms of ideology is the idea of creating a society that always lives in the light of the mystery of being. "- McKenna, Terence, Esalen, Feb 1984

"The various "other worlds," with which human beings erratically make contact are so many elements of totality of the awareness belonging to Mind at Large."- Aldous Huxley, Doors of Peception,1954

"There are moments when one feels free from one's ownidentification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such momentsone imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing inamazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, theunfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolutionnor destiny; only Being."- Albert Einstein

"Subtle, sparkling, dazzling, glorious, and radiantly awesome,in appearance like a mirage moving across a landscape in spring-time inone continuous stream of vibrations... That is the radiance of thine owntrue nature."- Bardo Thodol (The Tibetan Book Of The Dead)

"From there to here,from here to there,funny thingsare everywhere...... If you never did,you should.These things are funand fun is good."- Dr. Seuss, One Fish two fish red fish blue fish, 1960

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."- Beatles, I Am the Walrus

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."- Albert Einstein"

"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous." "- Terence McKenna

"Enlightenment is the conversion of religious experience toreligious life."- Steven Puerto

"The totality of oneself is comprised of experience, sensation,and desire. The demands and habits of civilization keep us focused on anarrow range of our total possibility. When a truly new experienceexposes our conscious self to a broader definition of our totality, therelative importance of much of our daily activity is diminished."- Steven Puerto

"The history of LSD to date amply demonstrates the catastrophic consequences thatcan ensue when its profound effect is misjudged and the substance is mistaken fora pleasure drug. Special internal and external advance preparations are required;with them, an LSD experiment can become a meaningful experience. Wrong andinappropriate use has caused LSD to become my problem child."- Albert Hofmann

"To be shaken out of the ruts of ordinary perception, to be shown for a few timeless hours the outer and inner world, not asthey appear to an animal obsessed with survival or to a human being obsessed with words and notions, but as they are apprehended, directly and unconditionally, by Mind at Large -- this is an experience of inestimable value to everyone andespecially to the intellectual."- Aldous Huxley, "The Doors of Preception"

"It is only in the experience of the pure Void that we realize the possibility of manifesting all things. Like the Big Bang that created our universe, it is the singularity, the nothingness from which everything arises. This is the essence of Zen - and of the true psychedelic experience."- Anonymous, 1996

"Apart from the five senses with which we perceive this reality, what evidence do we have, to prove its existence?"- Captain Voodoo, Australia. 1996.

"A God defined is a God confined."- Unknown

"I gave way to delight, as mystics have for centuries when they peeked through the curtains and discovered that this world-so manifestly real was actually a tiny stage set constructed by the mind. We discover abruptly that everything we accept as reality is just social fabrications."- Timothy Leary, 1966

"True freedom has always been illegal."- The Libertarian Party (I THINK...)

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions."- Oliver Wendell Holmes"

`What sort of people live about here?' asked Alice. `In THATdirection,' the Cat said, waving its right paw round, `lives a Hatter:and in THAT direction,' waving the other paw, `lives a March Hare. Visiteither you like: they're both mad.' `But I don't want to go among madpeople,' Alice remarked. `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we'reall mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.' `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice. `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.' "- Lewis Caroll, Alice in Wonderland

"Say Hello to my Mother and Father,Earth and Space."- Jimi Hendrix

"What you take in by visionary experience you must give out by love and intelligence in daily life."- Aldous Huxley

"Credo Quia Absurdum Est"- Tertullian "Adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it."- Horace

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believehow vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is."- Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, 1979

"Do you have the curiosity and courage to meet the rest of whom you are?"- Steven Puerto"The Fates lead those who will; those who won't, they drag."- Senecca

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, butthey've always worked for me."- Hunter S. Thompson"

"To live alone one must be an animal or a god." - says Aristotle. There is yet a third case: one must be both - a philosopher."- Friedrich Nietzsche

"2C-B is a tool which ties the mental processes directly and constructively into the physical soma."- Alexander Shulgin

"An unexciting truth may be eclipsed by a thrilling lie."- Aldous Huxley

"I hope to see the development of a technique of Applied Mysticism - a technique for individuals to get the most out of their transcendental experience and to make use of the insights from the Other World in the affairs of This World"- Albert Hofmann

"I saw the best minds of MY generation on America's Most Wanted."- Lance Wong, ProZyme, Inc., 1992"All understanding begins with our not accepting the world as it appears."- Alan C. Kay

"Mind creates matter - thus: thought condenses to becomematter."- anonymous, 1996

"That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."- Aldous Huxley

"He who fails to question is asking for trouble."- Paul Aubuchon

"Magic, it must be remembered, is an art which demands collaboration between the artist and his public."- E.M. Butler, The Myth of the Magus, 1948

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."- Margaret Mead

"Intelligence is the ultimate aphrodisiac"- Dr. Timothy Leary

"The deep fascination of myths is that they speak directly to deeper levels of our nature and to the subconscious, and give the profound assurance that we are each, in essence, deathless and immortal sparks of Divinity on the long evolutionary journey into higher consciousness."- Sir George Trevel

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Lycaeum [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2022197 - 10/19/03 08:42 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hell yeah, excellent read.

It is like my daily dosage of Spirituality and Philsophy that I can no longer receive.... fucking fuck fucking fucked up computer problems!
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Lycaeum [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2022300 - 10/19/03 10:19 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

R.I.P. S&P

:nonono:

www.mentorbooks.com/graphics/Mind,body%2520and%2520Spirit/1571741038_cwg.gif"> 

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Lycaeum [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2022332 - 10/19/03 10:55 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Great Post and a great read!

Thanks

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlineunderground
welcome to the underground

Loc: colorful colorado
Re: Lycaeum [Re: Ripple]
    #2023205 - 10/19/03 06:58 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

lovely collection of quotes!
-thanks

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, Jimi Hendrix, San Pedro, Terrence McKenna, The Doors

Community >> The Pub