Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Odd Odor
    #2012223 -

Ok..after getting yelled at ...cause i accidently posted in advanced..i am re-posting this in regular cultivation section

Ok..basically..i have been doing the pf tek for some time now..but recently i took out the metal lids from my jars and replaced it with coffee filters..i thought...more air space= more air exchange...im thinking it will help right? but ive got them in my tub in tub, incubating...so after like three days, i go to check on them..and i can smell this wierd odor..i open it up..and all i can smell is this rotten smell with honey inside the tub...i smelled a couple jars and it smells like vermiculite, but really odd...so im not sure if they are just bad for some reason..or the berm. is giving off a smell...anybody got an ideas of what im talking about..thanks for the help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Odd Odor [Re: thechemist]
    #2012314 -

I'm not sure how clean of a bathroom you have but I NEVER bring any cultivation supplies into the bathroom. I wouldn't have removed the metal lids, I would've put the coffefilter on there with the lids. I've not heard of anyone completely replacing the lid with a filter. I wouldn't do it, I'm too paranoid of contams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Odd Odor [Re: Smaug]
    #2012341 -

cultivation supplies into the bathroom? where did i say that... a tub in tub incubation! Thats with a fish tank heater heating water inside a tub...another tub on top of that with your jars in the colonization area of growth...there being kept warm....not in my bath tub

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Odd Odor [Re: thechemist]
    #2012431 -

if it smells like............ your brothers jock strap......... throw it out.
if it smells like............ last years candy corn......... throw it out
if it smells like............ apple sauce......... throw it out
if it smells like............ beef jerky......... throw it out
if it smells like............ that stuff under your car mat......... throw it out
if it smells like............ cheese......... throw it out
ok?
should smell like nice fresh shooms.....



--------------------
"Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff."
Steven Wright.

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that?

"I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Odd Odor [Re: Suby]
    #2013923 -

Whoops, lol, I was too quick to assume.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Odd Odor [Re: Smaug]
    #2013949 -

A friend had some jars with beautiful white mycelum about 80% colonized, and no sign of contams. But they smelled like over ripe banana's? Take no chances, and throw them all out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Odd Odor [Re: ]
    #2013967 -

Probably bacteria.


--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Odd Odor [Re: Semilanceata]
    #2014019 -

I innoc'd in my bathroom to success (so far) I cleaned it with a bleach solution first. My APT is centrally cooled, with no way of stopping airflow, but there are no vents in the bathroom. Besides, if it's so dirty in the bathroom, why is that the place we clean up?? If my bathroom was dirty, I would not feel safe brushing my bacteria prone teeth'n gums in there! or showering, or blah , or blah.

But since that, I learned of the Oven Tek, and it seems brilliant enough for now.


--------------------
I come alive in the darkness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Odd Odor [Re: DMJ]
    #2015896 -

I really dont know from any exp but be careful with the oven tek. I think I have read that it can cause more probs than good sometimes.
Something to do with the temp difference causing air currents which stir up stuff.
Please someone comment if they know more about this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Odd Odor [Re: longshot]
    #2015962 -

Maybe your jars are too moist and its the water going bad.


--------------------
A driver knows that it is not the road that is his biggest obstacle, rather it is the poles.
A great driver understands, the poles will always be there, and he must learn to adjust.

I can't keep doing this on my own... with all these... people. -daniel plainview

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* odd color in jars E Tard 1,077 6 03/19/03 03:51 PM
by zoomers
* rye odor Pashasan 1,045 7 04/29/06 07:34 AM
by acidbuba
* how to control mushy odor during bulk? kilgore_trout 791 6 05/18/05 02:07 PM
by Mych
* de-odorized composted manure blazenaz 1,221 5 09/30/02 05:53 PM
by psilocybinjunkie
* Re: Do Mushrooms give off an Odor? Code 1,321 4 01/30/00 02:11 PM
by Psychonaut
* Odor/Smell Concerns while Growing grimio 936 4 12/20/02 10:25 AM
by EthnoJimmy
* Worm casting colonization and odor problems FactorNMR2 682 4 05/26/04 01:46 AM
by FactorNMR2
* Do all contaminants have odor? paranoid2 1,229 4 06/24/02 03:37 PM
by Mycelium

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
735 topic views. 20 members, 122 guests and 329 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.