Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleBlu Spore
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Big Datura Stram. pod
    #2000598 - 10/11/03 06:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Check out this datura seedpod. It's from one of my many plants that I grew from seed. I planted about thirty seeds and then kept the 12 healthiest plants and threw out the rest.

The plants did have lots of flowers on them, but they quickly bloomed and then turned into the seedpods.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEnCHaNTeDHoBBiT
Drug Connoisseur

Loc: Crawling on The Forest Fl...
Re: Big Datura Strom. pod [Re: Blu Spore]
    #2000743 - 10/11/03 06:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Off subject but...I found a few Datura, the flowers were purple/white, more light purple with a little white, jagged edge leaves and purple stems. Anyone know what type they are? The flowers were still on the plant even though it's fall. I know the pods should have emerged by now, is this normal? I find alot of these along the roadside. Usually right where the interstate exits. They are among the state planted landscape along the entire interstate where I live. I also find them in newly disturbed ground too, like new stores and parks. Anyone else finding these everywhere? It just seems they should have already grown pods by now. By the way I'm in the NC mountains around Asheville, this might help to identify the datura I've found.

--------------------
"Statements above are absolutely fictional fragments of delusional, reoccuring Dreams."

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Big Datura Strom. pod [Re: EnCHaNTeDHoBBiT]
    #2000814 - 10/11/03 07:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I find those in southern Florida scattered around the front lawns of local floridian residents. Unfortunately, there has been alot of heat sourrounding this plant from amateur high school kids (who are looking for a high) that go around and get hospitalized from eating more than they can handle. I think there has been 1 death and 8 hospitailizaions in the past few months. So, due to this stupidity, alot of the owners of these beautiful trees have been forced to cut them down totally or atleast trim them down to a size that you would not even notice its an angels trumpet. I even think the counties are trying to illegalize it. I have even seen signs that have said, "stay away from this tree!!!" posted on the trunks. I have seen the purple-white flower ones that you describe but I mostly see the Pinkish to off white ones. I have seen a species that had Blood Red flowers as well growing on the side of someones house.

Peace, Orizon

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
    #2000990 - 10/11/03 08:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Jimmy, can Stromonium grow in 0 direct sunlight? Diffused light all day long? I know it is a stretch, but it would be the only way I could grow it this year.

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

InvisibleBlu Spore
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Big Datura Strom. pod [Re: reflectedlight]
    #2001016 - 10/11/03 09:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well you can grow datura on a windowsill as a houseplant, if that?s what you?re asking. I gave one of my friends a seedling and he grew his indoors using only indirect lighting from a window. His plant looked like mine but smaller, it only produced a few seedpods.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #2001549 - 10/12/03 02:14 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

can someone post a pic of wild datura?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Big Datura Strom. pod [Re: TODAY]
    #2001746 - 10/12/03 03:31 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Here is Erowid's Datura Image Vault.
Here is a good picture of a D. inoxia.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

OfflineEnCHaNTeDHoBBiT
Drug Connoisseur

Re: Big Datura Strom. pod [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #2001806 - 10/12/03 03:55 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I've looked through all of the pics at Erowid before I posted earlier but I can't seem to determine which it might be. Since alot of the flowers on different types of Datura tend to be any where from light purple to dark purple. Hmmmm guess I might have to go to a nearby nursery or post a good pic for an ID. They sure do make their presence known. Eerie feeling while approaching them. Strangest thing happened when I was looking through a bunch of plants up on a hill beside a store, they looked like Datura. When I got closer I realized they were not but shocked and in disbelief I look down behind the wall(an area I couldn't see until I went up the hill to get a better look at the "look alikes") and there she was a small Datura with flowers still attached. It's like it called to me using the look alike plants to guide me up the hill to look behind the wall and see her. Strange I was startled to find here hidden but yet in some way calling out to me. Hmmmm strange Mizz Lady Datura!

--------------------
"Statements above are absolutely fictional fragments of delusional, reoccuring Dreams."

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

#2001831 - 10/12/03 04:11 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If you post a picture, I will most likely be able to identify it.

I had a similar experience while looking for Datura...I've simply seen too many reports regarding this for it to be coincidence. I woke up planning on going out to find some Datura, I went into the woods for about 2 hours and decided to stop the search and went back to town. We went over to a friend's house where we were going to smoke a bowl and as I was walking up the sidewalk that led to her house there was an enormous ring of Datura inoxia just sitting there. I got an extreme feeling of deja vu and nearly forgot where I was. Only after I had stopped looking for it did it find me.

Lady Datura does indeed have a strange presence. I find myself kneeling at my plants with my face nearly touching the leaves at random intervals throughout the day.

--------------------

OfflineEnCHaNTeDHoBBiT
Drug Connoisseur

#2002630 - 10/12/03 04:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yes I was overwhelmed to have this happen the way it did. I've heard the stories and although I believed them I never thought it could happen to me. There's something enchanting about Miss Lady Datura. I can't say it's evil but it's an eerie feeling for sure. Well they are a nice addition to to anyone's garden. I would like to add several plants in the Datura family to my garden. Would my pet's be at risk? I mean would they eat the plant or seeds or does instinct keep them away?

--------------------

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

#2002932 - 10/12/03 06:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have heard that cats are attracted to Datura, though my experience shows otherwise. The only cat I've seen come into contact with it always ran away when it was shown to him. He did, however, eat a few seeds that fell on the ground. Strange. I would suggest growing it somewhere where they cannot get to, though, for safety's sake.

--------------------

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2004599 - 10/13/03 08:02 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Me and my recent girlfriend bought a datura tree from a local nursury for about 14 dollars. It was only a few feet tall but very healthy and had about 9 flowers on the thing. We researched it then safely experienced with small doses and had a different-kinda eerie-intense trip---but thats a different story. Anyways the tree is planted in the backyard of my house now and has branched out and grown to over 5 feet. There is a lake and Old peaceful looking Oak trees that hide a crystal clear lake behind my house where lilly pads and all sorts of animals frogs..turtles etc...scurry about. In the rain forest (where the datura-brugmansia is abundunt) the natives like to sleep under this tree where they experience visual and lucid dreams throughout the night. I must say first handinly there is much credibility to this myth for I have laid out a blanket and passed out (bowl in hand) under the branches of this tree and had very blissful-intense-strange dreams. There are other safer methods of feeling the effects of Datura rather than the dangerous method of simply eating or boiling the plant into a tea. But I think Im getting a little off topic for this thread. I will start a new thread in the near future under the "other drug discussion forum" where I will reveal my trip report and everything else I know.... (availability-safe injestion-dangers) reffering to the Datura.

Peace, Orizon

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte
Re: Big Datura Strom. pod [Re: orizon]
    #2009818 - 10/14/03 11:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Ah there's a weird therapy in India called shade therapy where a person sleeps under various plants, mainly trees, for a few hours on a certain day and receives cures. The main tree for all is the Terminalia chebula called Haritaki.

--------------------
...or something

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden