Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Loc: UK
Semilanceata - just how hard is it to grow really..
    #2000475 - 10/11/03 05:32 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

I've probably read every post I can find about cultivating them and the answers are pretty mush the same each time. i.e "extremely difficult species" , "only a few people have ever succeeded" etc. But I've read a couple of things recently...

1) www.magicmushrooms.org are said to be releasing a grow 'brick' for semilanceata.. basically a block of pre-colonised substrate with casing on. Perhaps what amazed me more than the fact someone has made a grow kit for semilanceata is the fact it'll supposedly fruit at room temperature.. what?! I always thought the fact they needed cold was a stumbling point in cultivating them. I'll certainly be interested to see if this actually shows up or not.

2) I read a post on another forum earlier where someone claims to have them colonising a BRF cake of all things and saying they're not very difficult to grow or fruit. Apparently just takes some "adaptions to a pretty standard technique" which I shall try and find out more about.

So now I'm wondering how these two have managed what so many others seem to have had no luck with before...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: Semilanceata - just how hard is it to grow really.. [Re: Sorted]
    #2001204 - 10/11/03 10:48 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Psilocybe Mexicana not Semilanceata.

InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Re: Semilanceata - just how hard is it to grow really.. [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2001906 - 10/12/03 06:09 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

What?

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2001925 - 10/12/03 06:36 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

1.) I do not seen any mention of P. semilanceata on the above mentioned site in the spawn bricks section. while some sites might offer this species in the forum of colonized of spawn medium, it would not be intended for fruiting indoors from a casing, it would likely be used to inoculate an outdoor patch. this species has not been found to fruit under any indoor or laboratory conditions to my knowlege. i do not believe it will fruit at room tenparatures, as it does not fruit during the summer months in the wild even given adaquate rainfall and envirnomental humidity.

2.) if in fact someone is making such a claim, it is more than likely fraudulent. while i am sure P. semilanceata mycelium will colonize a BRF cake, it has not been found to fruit from such a medium, nor from any pure grain medium, indoors or out.

the conclusion i come to is that it is not easy to grow, and has not been found to grow indoors or in the lab by any method tried thus far.

in regaurd to theshiftingwalss's mention of P. nexiacna; i beleive he was suggesting that you had your species mistaken, as the above mentioned site does offer P. mexicana spawn bricks. as another point this species [P. mexicana], while also refusing to fruit from a purely grain substrate without the aid of a casing layer, has been found on at least one occasion, to be capable of fruiting from a "cake" formulated to include bovine dung.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Re: Semilanceata - just how hard is it to grow really.. [Re: canid]
    #2001930 - 10/12/03 06:41 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

In the forums.. I forgot to put the link

http://www.magicmushrooms.org/products/forum_viewtopic.php?id=145

"03-10-2003
by marvin

good news to all people who love picking the PSILOCYBE SEMILANCEATA outdoors but are not into creeping around on the ground.

after months of research we will be putting SEMILANCEATA SPAWN BRICKS out to you guys.

hope u like

m"

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2001950 - 10/12/03 07:22 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

s a said, i do believe somebody may offer spawn medium for the creation of an outdoor patch, but not an indoor kit. if they did profess to offer such a kit they would be lying, unless they stumbled uppon some obscure method that just happened to work and at the same time managed to develop a room temperature fruiting strain. the liklihood of this is about the same as me being abducted by aliens while being struck by lightning.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology