Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePawn_Star
UnemployedExtraordinaire

Loc: The Peoples Republic of B...
glovebox procedure
    #1982690 - 10/05/03 10:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

so i am gonna build a glove box i've been working on gathering material. Anyone have any extra tips that may not be in the facts..

also anyone have a procedure on how to put things ( jars, syringes, tools) in the glove box and keep everything sterile.

I'm guessing wipe down the general work area with alcohal or lysol, wipe down box outside and in, wipe down everything going in box, place inside, maby place a alcohal soaked wipe in the box or small dish of alcohal and towels, using gloves with box sealed rewipe everything....then perform transfer/inocculate ect.

once everything has been wiped down should i trust the inside of the box to be clean enough to put tools, jar lids, ext on and use without cleaning or should everything be rewiped almost constantly..

thanks i'm probably making this harder than need be

-b

--------------------
Hop in my Chrysler;
it's as big as a Whale, and it's about to set Sail.

Oh yeah and if anyone knows of any job openings for a Mechanical Engineer in the Boulder area let me know. tks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: glovebox procedure [Re: Pawn_Star]
    #1982939 - 10/06/03 01:00 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i spray the air above my GB with isopropyl just before i put the lid on.then wait 5 minutes or so for the iso mist to settle inside the GB before i start work....i've had no problems making syringes and doing grain transfers.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: glovebox procedure [Re: Pawn_Star]
    #1982947 - 10/06/03 01:05 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

In this post I answer some of the glovebox questions.

Stupidest syringe tek on earth

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder