Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19804635 -

thank you for all your service to the shroomery, DXM kingpin


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Repertoire89]
    #19804638 -

Repertoire89 said:
I'm indifferent on the whole subject, fighting an unjust war isn't exactly endearing but many soldiers apparently have/had good intentions at least. As far as people enlisting solely for the benefits, sometimes there isn't much other choice if you want to live the "American dream".

WW2 and the Revolutionary War are the only wars this country has fought that I would support on principle. For everything else I'm against the war and indifferent towards those tricked into fighting it.



What about ww1? Vietnam war? Korean war?


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19804658 -

zappaisgod said:
Who said anybody is "told that they need to thank the men and women".  If you don't want to, don't.  You are under no obligation to do so.



there is plenty of "popular" messages towards getting people to "thank" their servicemen and women.

no one is "told by word of mouth" they are imparted with ill-sentiment if they do not avow their good sentiment towards servicemen though. just look at this thread... who told OP any of this shit? no one. he just had to make this thread, however, anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19804676 -

I'll always thank them regardless of how stupid the war that they fighted in is. It's just proper respect and them doing what no one else would.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #19804686 -

see^?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #19804690 -

zappaisgod said:
Uzziel said:
Would you prefer them to not say anything? At least they give the minimum.

I'll thank WW2/Vietnam vets, but everyone else, I don't think we should even be overseas, I'm not going to thank them for that. I'm not going to support injustice. We've killed more civillians than terrorists over there. Fuck that.



This is a fucking lie.  Most of the civilian casualties, by far, were caused by our enemies.  Maybe you like the Taliban chopping heads.  Apologist.



Well it seems like the US government info bulletin worked after all. Hell it even got you to believe it.

The US killed so many more citizens than terrorists the numbers are not even comparable. Less than 1% of the population down there are considered radicals and only a few of them actually becomes terrorists. Hell lets make it 5%...

100k+ deaths

That would mean you guys hit 5000 terrorists and 95000 others. Now let say for the sake of argument that 50% of that 95k was military... Thats still maybe 45k innocents if I round it down.

Now for the sake of being conservative, instead of 45k innocents, I'll round it down to 25k innocent and I'll compare it to the rounded up 5k terrorists dead. Its still a 5:1 innocent per terrorist ratio.

So yeah... Don't even start to believe that wars such as Irak and Afghanistan doesn't make innocent casulties by the thousands. There's acertain limit to which you have to realize that government lies are government lies... Info bulletin such as this coming from the US government should be taken with at least 50 tons of salt.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #19804702 -

they were "future terrorists"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Patlal]
    #19804716 -

I don't particularly agree with anything the US government has been doing war wise but this is still my home and I would defend it with my life if it came down to it.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Patlal]
    #19804719 -

Patlal said:
zappaisgod said:
Uzziel said:
Would you prefer them to not say anything? At least they give the minimum.

I'll thank WW2/Vietnam vets, but everyone else, I don't think we should even be overseas, I'm not going to thank them for that. I'm not going to support injustice. We've killed more civillians than terrorists over there. Fuck that.



This is a fucking lie.  Most of the civilian casualties, by far, were caused by our enemies.  Maybe you like the Taliban chopping heads.  Apologist.



Well it seems like the US government info bulletin worked after all. Hell it even got you to believe it.

The US killed so many more citizens than terrorists the numbers are not even comparable. Less than 1% of the population down there are considered radicals and only a few of them actually becomes terrorists. Hell lets make it 5%...

100k+ deaths

That would mean you guys hit 5000 terrorists and 95000 others. Now let say for the sake of argument that 50% of that 95k was military... Thats still maybe 45k innocents if I round it down.

Now for the sake of being conservative, instead of 45k innocents, I'll round it down to 25k innocent and I'll compare it to the rounded up 5k terrorists dead. Its still a 5:1 innocent per terrorist ratio.

So yeah... Don't even start to believe that wars such as Irak and Afghanistan doesn't make innocent casulties by the thousands. There's acertain limit to which you have to realize that government lies are government lies... Info bulletin such as this coming from the US government should be taken with at least 50 tons of salt.



What makes you think that all 100,000 casualties were due to US actions?  As far as I'm concerned every single death in those wars is due to the enemy's activities but that wasn't the point I was making.  Most of the civilian deaths are due to the actions of the enemey.  Were the uniformed soldiers of Iraq and Afghanistan innocents?  Was Saddam, Uday and Qusay innocent victims of US aggression?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19804721 -

We gladly say thanks when we are thanked for those that paid the ultimate sacrifice.


--------------------
 

"I'm chilling in a room with a view, there's always room for improvement; so i grab my coat and go and prove it"-Method Man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Patlal]
    #19804740 -

Patlal said:
zappaisgod said:
Uzziel said:
Would you prefer them to not say anything? At least they give the minimum.

I'll thank WW2/Vietnam vets, but everyone else, I don't think we should even be overseas, I'm not going to thank them for that. I'm not going to support injustice. We've killed more civillians than terrorists over there. Fuck that.



This is a fucking lie.  Most of the civilian casualties, by far, were caused by our enemies.  Maybe you like the Taliban chopping heads.  Apologist.



Well it seems like the US government info bulletin worked after all. Hell it even got you to believe it.

The US killed so many more citizens than terrorists the numbers are not even comparable. Less than 1% of the population down there are considered radicals and only a few of them actually becomes terrorists. Hell lets make it 5%...

100k+ deaths

That would mean you guys hit 5000 terrorists and 95000 others. Now let say for the sake of argument that 50% of that 95k was military... Thats still maybe 45k innocents if I round it down.




so where exactly are you getting those numbers?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19804768 -

zappaisgod said:
I don't think Iraq Body Count ascribes deaths to any particular side but I haven't looked at it in a while.




it leans heavily toward the US and it's allies. they're pushing that all
civilian deaths are a result of the US presence there...

Quote:
"This is an ongoing human security project which maintains and updates the world’s only independent and comprehensive public database of media-reported civilian deaths in Iraq that have resulted from the 2003 military intervention by the USA and its allies. The count includes civilian deaths caused by coalition military action and by military or paramilitary responses to the coalition presence (e.g. insurgent and terrorist attacks). It also includes excess civilian deaths caused by criminal action resulting from the breakdown in law and order which followed the coalition invasion."



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #19804782 -

I see everyone saying Vietnam, but the US lied to the American people to get us involved.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Enjoywho]
    #19804786 -

zappaisgod said:
Nobody was tricked.  You disapprove of the Civil War?  Do you know what happened to the people of S Vietnam after we abandoned them.  Do you think it would be a good thing if S. Korea looked like N. Korea?  Do you support the Taliban?  How about Saddam Hussein, if only on environmental criminal grounds?



Enjoywho said:
What about ww1? Vietnam war? Korean war?



Civil War: abolitionism was a pretense as far as I know, which I'm admittedly not certain about. The cause of this war as I see it was State vs Federal power, and I do not think either side was justified in violence over such a matter.

Vietnam, Korea, Taliban, Saddam: none of our business. If we were a global police force we've done more damage than good and should quit while we're behind.

That's just my opinion though, suggesting that I support the Taliban is absurd. As far as 911 goes, the issue is far too fuzzy and the reaction was too quick with far too questionable intelligence to justify a war. War is serious business, its nothing to jump into.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #19804789 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Patlal said:
zappaisgod said:
Uzziel said:
Would you prefer them to not say anything? At least they give the minimum.

I'll thank WW2/Vietnam vets, but everyone else, I don't think we should even be overseas, I'm not going to thank them for that. I'm not going to support injustice. We've killed more civillians than terrorists over there. Fuck that.



This is a fucking lie.  Most of the civilian casualties, by far, were caused by our enemies.  Maybe you like the Taliban chopping heads.  Apologist.



Well it seems like the US government info bulletin worked after all. Hell it even got you to believe it.

The US killed so many more citizens than terrorists the numbers are not even comparable. Less than 1% of the population down there are considered radicals and only a few of them actually becomes terrorists. Hell lets make it 5%...

100k+ deaths

That would mean you guys hit 5000 terrorists and 95000 others. Now let say for the sake of argument that 50% of that 95k was military... Thats still maybe 45k innocents if I round it down.




so where exactly are you getting those numbers?



Its a gross exageration of the truth in order to make the stats look better.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Enjoywho]
    #19804811 -

Enjoywho said:
I don't particularly agree with anything the US government has been doing war wise but this is still my home and I would defend it with my life if it came down to it.



Like I said in that other thread, I would sooner side with the US government than a rebellion. The preservation of the republic is more important than a few small civil issues we could resolve through peaceful means - or simply put up with. Shake our political structure with violence and we'll get nothing better, only more violence.

War is not the easy way out of a problem, its the hard and usually unnecessary way. The only wars I support are in self-defense or in defense of one's neighbors (WWII). The Revolutionary War I support more in hindsight that they actually did something good with the results.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Repertoire89]
    #19804866 -

Good post. I agree.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Enjoywho]
    #19804935 -

Extremism isn't a reason to go to war with an entire country. What can you do though humans dont change were gonna blow eachother up some day it's inevitable.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Repertoire89]
    #19804944 -

Repertoire89 said:
zappaisgod said:
Nobody was tricked.  You disapprove of the Civil War?  Do you know what happened to the people of S Vietnam after we abandoned them.  Do you think it would be a good thing if S. Korea looked like N. Korea?  Do you support the Taliban?  How about Saddam Hussein, if only on environmental criminal grounds?



Enjoywho said:
What about ww1? Vietnam war? Korean war?



Civil War: abolitionism was a pretense as far as I know, which I'm admittedly not certain about. The cause of this war as I see it was State vs Federal power, and I do not think either side was justified in violence over such a matter.

Vietnam, Korea, Taliban, Saddam: none of our business. If we were a global police force we've done more damage than good and should quit while we're behind.

That's just my opinion though, suggesting that I support the Taliban is absurd. As far as 911 goes, the issue is far too fuzzy and the reaction was too quick with far too questionable intelligence to justify a war. War is serious business, its nothing to jump into.



State power was lost over that war. That's why federal trumps state. I agree with what it was fought over but state rights were lost.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: when civilians say "thank you for your service"... [Re: Enjoywho]
    #19805118 -

Enjoywho said:
Extremism isn't a reason to go to war with an entire country. What can you do though humans dont change were gonna blow eachother up some day it's inevitable.



Its pretty sad, the game hasn't changed much over the past 2000 years except that slavery has been exported overseas and away from the eyes of the public.

Civil issues have improved though through peaceful means, some of the biggest issues have been worked over through violence but not as acts of rebellion or war (workers rights). I think that's as far as things should really go when it comes to civil issues.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* !!!!Rumsfeld cleared of wrong doing in Iraqi Prison scandle says SECERT REPORT!!!!! C20H25N3O 1,180 8 03/14/05 07:55 PM
by C20H25N3O
* Wow, Donald Rumsfeld just stepped down!
( 1 2 3 all )
WakeboardrB 4,356 54 11/09/06 04:09 AM
by pooppoop
* From Afghanistan with Love: Part IV, Next Stop N. Eastern Congo (Pics) mjshroomer 547 1 12/29/06 06:51 AM
by rod
* My buddy just got back from afghanistan.
( 1 2 3 all )
LuSiD9 4,532 46 01/10/07 11:47 PM
by LuSiD9
* Military Service Experiences
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 6,071 56 02/28/05 11:37 AM
by California
* Old but hilarious Bush and Rumsfeld videos. Remixed Bush speech and Rumsfeld at the podium Quake3 566 2 11/30/06 08:27 PM
by angryshroom
* NEWS Alert from Afghanistan mjshroomer 533 0 01/19/06 10:43 AM
by mjshroomer
* Seceret congression session anyone420 841 12 09/25/08 05:30 PM
by Cowgold

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,914 topic views. 3 members, 70 guests and 166 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.