Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this.
    #19787360 -

Im just on a scam roll tonight...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. [Re: AmazonianGuru]
    #19787426 -

yea dude, i have not watched the vid yet, but i have already been suspecting shit like this. it's way too easy to charge people extra for your taxi trips. peeps gotta eat tho i guess.. but damn take it eesy


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. [Re: zZZz]
    #19787446 -

Well in LA people avoid taxis usually,the only taxis my friends use are basically illegal korean ones that are relatively local k-town/central and west LA because they are actually reasonably priced. Otherwise taxis are super fucking expensive because of the distances they generally have to travel in such a big ass city.


Tip for peeps in LA with no car
#1 get a car
#2 learn to use the metro and get a bike/skateboard if so because the metro is not that good you will have to go a couple miles to be where you wanted to go once off the metro! Also,be prepared to pay upwards of 5 dollars or more per trip if you are riding multiple lines or buses(also take advantage of any deals your school has made with the metro,I know SMC definitely does as well as maybe USC or UCLA depending on the line) but students always ride for a dollar instead of a buck fifty
#3 Use services like Über or lyft

Edited by ChinChiller (04/03/14 02:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. [Re: ChinChiller]
    #19787458 -

Also zZZz that is a damn bearded dragon not an iguana.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. [Re: ChinChiller]
    #19787461 -

Phoenix is like that to.  We grow out, not up, so they are TRYING to expand our metro services but they pretty much suck compared to some of the other big cities.

Taxis here are also insanely expensive.  Just to take a trip 4 miles down the road from my house to work the meter will hit about 13 bucks, then I have to tip on top of that.


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. [Re: ChinChiller]
    #19787480 -

I knew it! This totally happened to me in San Francisco. I was with 2 friends, all 3 of us in a cab, and we were charged close to $30 for less than a 10-minute drive only 3 miles away! BS!!! I have taken cab rides in San Francisco numerous times after that, and it costs $30 to go from ONE END of the city all the way to the OTHER END. A couple of miles away should only cost $10-$15, like it has when I took a cab other times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. [Re: ChinChiller]
    #19787491 -

Errolscool said:
Also zZZz that is a damn bearded dragon not an iguana.




it's a mariguana.. :ifyoucanawe:


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. [Re: Crystal G]
    #19787502 -

Crystal G said:
I knew it! This totally happened to me in San Francisco. I was with 2 friends, all 3 of us in a cab, and we were charged close to $30 for less than a 10-minute drive only 3 miles away! BS!!! I have taken cab rides in San Francisco numerous times after that, and it costs $30 to go from ONE END of the city all the way to the OTHER END. A couple of miles away should only cost $10-$15, like it has when I took a cab other times.



Im surprised that happened in SF Chrystal, such a small town, but you cant just say no or can you?
That sucks, fuckin asshole cabbies!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. [Re: ChinChiller]
    #19787515 -

Errolscool said:
Crystal G said:
I knew it! This totally happened to me in San Francisco. I was with 2 friends, all 3 of us in a cab, and we were charged close to $30 for less than a 10-minute drive only 3 miles away! BS!!! I have taken cab rides in San Francisco numerous times after that, and it costs $30 to go from ONE END of the city all the way to the OTHER END. A couple of miles away should only cost $10-$15, like it has when I took a cab other times.



Im surprised that happened in SF Chrystal, such a small town, but you cant just say no or can you?
That sucks, fuckin asshole cabbies!



It's okay, usually I tip taxi drivers, but that time I didn't tip him anything. He literally sucked all the money we had on us (we were only 19 years old at the time and literally all we had was $30 on us put together, I was seriously worried while watching the meter that our cab fare was going to go OVER the amount of money we had on us).

Apparently a lot of people don't know you're supposed to tip cab drivers, who here actually does it? (When they don't rip you off and steal all the cash in your wallet that is.)

I am sure if you refused to pay and just walked out he would likely do nothing and just yell at you. Probably would be too much work to call the cops and the cops wouldn't care. But we were tourists and about to go to a rave so we didn't want any drama or bad vibes to argue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. [Re: Crystal G]
    #19787523 -

Crystal G said:
Errolscool said:
Crystal G said:
I knew it! This totally happened to me in San Francisco. I was with 2 friends, all 3 of us in a cab, and we were charged close to $30 for less than a 10-minute drive only 3 miles away! BS!!! I have taken cab rides in San Francisco numerous times after that, and it costs $30 to go from ONE END of the city all the way to the OTHER END. A couple of miles away should only cost $10-$15, like it has when I took a cab other times.



Im surprised that happened in SF Chrystal, such a small town, but you cant just say no or can you?
That sucks, fuckin asshole cabbies!



It's okay, usually I tip taxi drivers, but that time I didn't tip him anything. He literally sucked all the money we had on us (we were only 19 years old at the time and literally all we had was $30 on us put together, fucker stole our entire rave money).

Apparently a lot of people don't know you're supposed to tip cab drivers, who here actually does it? (When they don't rip you off and are courteous.)



I just grew up in LA, where I really rarely ever rode a cab. Maybe with my parents to the airport once or twice. I didnt know what the light on or off meant until I was in NYC visitng my brother haha :smilingpuppy:

But I believe anyone in customer service should be tipped, even burger places. I guess those places disagree though. (as in Fast Food, im sure small chains/ resteraunts get their share of tips)

Edited by ChinChiller (04/03/14 02:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. [Re: ChinChiller]
    #19787532 -

Errolscool said:
I just grew up in LA, where I really rarely ever rode a cab. Maybe with my parents to the airport once or twice. I didnt know what the light on or off meant until I was in NYC visitng my brother haha :smilingpuppy:

But I believe anyone in customer service should be tipped, even burger places. I guess those places disagree though.



Same here, I didn't know what the lights meant until I visited NYC either.

I love those horse carriages though in NYC. :awesome: That's a flat rate, no way you can get ripped off on one of those.

Yea I agree about fast food workers being tipped. I also tip the person who cuts my hair and the person who does my tattoos. (Apparently a lot of people don't know you're supposed to tip these people)

I personally don't understand why it is customary to tip waiters 15% when you aren't supposed to tip the guy working at McDonald's, or the bus boy, or the line cook. It doesn't make any damn sense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. [Re: ChinChiller]
    #19787544 -

tips use to be about the quality of service, now it seems it is a mandatory thing, which kinda bugs me..  if the tips are so dang important why arent they putting up big signs everywhere so everyone can see..


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. [Re: zZZz]
    #19787583 -

zZZz said:
tips use to be about the quality of service, now it seems it is a mandatory thing, which kinda bugs me..  if the tips are so dang important why arent they putting up big signs everywhere so everyone can see..



I can understand for waiters in some areas, because in a lot of states apparently they make only $2 or $3 an hour. Their real wage comes from customers. But I feel like a lot of waiters feel "entitled" to customer's tips, which is not right. Especially in states like California, they make the state minimum wage, and their job isn't exactly any harder than somebody working at McDonald's or a line cook, who makes no tips.

I still tip very well, because to me, the difference between a bad tip and a good tip is only a couple of dollars difference. But to the person doing the service, it makes a huge difference if I tip $10 instead of $5. So why wouldn't I just give them a few extra bucks, to me that money literally means nothing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* los angeles nightkrawler 1,658 10 06/21/06 03:27 PM
by nightkrawler
* Bush Saved Los Angeles From Terrorist Attack
( 1 2 all )
daimyo 6,179 29 02/12/06 12:39 PM
by Redstorm
* MEDICAL MARY-JANE in LOS angeles YellowSubmarine 738 1 01/02/05 01:56 PM
by Jim
* los angeles LosAngelesGraff 858 12 09/19/06 08:12 PM
by LosAngelesGraff
* Los Angeles Mojo_Risin 1,355 10 04/30/03 05:00 PM
by GabbaDj
* Moving to Canada
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Kid_Orgo 9,460 72 10/05/03 12:58 PM
by dastats
* Greyhounds and drugs
( 1 2 3 all )
notapillow 6,627 49 02/03/05 09:26 PM
by pantsboy
* san francisco Vvellum 1,301 13 02/21/05 07:08 PM
by TODAY

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
685 topic views. 2 members, 10 guests and 57 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.