Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #1975358 - 10/03/03 07:14 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

DreadheadHQ has some good information to elaborate on what PIMPtheSYSTEM said.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
    #1975446 - 10/03/03 07:54 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

My brother has dreads, but I can't get a pic because he's away.

I think they look good. They started off as the "neglect" kind - a few hours of surfing everyday, and the sand and salt water basically ruined his hair and it got all matted and nasty. But then he did a bit of maintenance, and now they look alright. He just broke up a few of the big dreads, and combined a few of the smaller dreads so that they're all about the same size. They don't look dirty and neglected, but neither do they look too even and artificial.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: Hooty]
    #1975660 - 10/03/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

There really isn't any problem with white people having dread locks, I don't hear people screaming about how it's not authentic baldness when somewhen shaves their head, so it's ridiculous to claim that having dreads is inauthentic. As long as they don't claim to be rastafarian just because they're wearing dreads it's fine.

Lots of people say they've never seen good looking dreads on white people, but that's just a matter of opinion. Sometimes it looks okay, sometimes it doesn't.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: Phluck]
    #1975679 - 10/03/03 09:34 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Also, there's no special way you're supposed to behave if you've got dreads. You could be the CEO of a major corporation, and be just as entitled to having dreads as some dude from Kingston. When it comes down to it, it's a hairstyle, nothing more.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Anonymous

Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: Phluck]
    #1975754 - 10/03/03 10:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Dreads can smell bad.. Its a cold hard fact. Think of dreads as sponges. If you get them wet they wont dry out for a day. So washing your hair every other day is a bad idea. I wash them about twice a week. When I take showers I will often tye up my hair so it dosnt get under the water. Also if you want healthy dreads use aloe. It helps in the locking process and also keepps them healthy and strong. Itching can become a problem also. Try not to itch. Aloe also helps with that. Use a shampoo that dosnt remove build up. Locks are awsome. You have a pillow with you at all times or if you have a girlfriend with them you can use hers. I like to say that I will never cut them. I saw a man with nine foot dreads and all I could say was wow.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #1975805 - 10/03/03 10:33 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

is this trendy enough for you guys? i dunno i find dreads to be very spritual. you guys also need to realize the differnce between dread locks and "fashion twists" as i like to call them.

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: buckwheat]
    #1976261 - 10/03/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm glad that there's been a lot more positive posts on this thread than there were in the beginning..dreads are a truely awesome expression of oneself and all the insults and judgement that was going down on this thread upset me. I still haven't dreaded my hair, but I'm still very much concidering it and I really would like them, it's just a big commitment and I want to make sure I'm positive about it.

Peace and Much Love

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
    #1982351 - 10/05/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

once you dread your hair, is there no way to undread it? is the only step in removal, a shaven head?

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflineGOLDEN9locks
day tripper
    #1982370 - 10/05/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I AGREE!knotting up is spiritual! you learn a lot about yourself, and a lot about patience...also, as a white female i learned a lot about discrimination that i've never had to deal with before....i'd been so used to being able to not draw attention..but in the past 3 years of being knotted, ive had to struggle to get a job, and deal with cops completly differently, and had my share of verbal tormenting...on the other hand, non-haters have given much positive feedback, and more importantly i love them....
but you mentioned wax?? please dont wax them!! it may make them stick together faster, look like dreads faster...but take advice from someone who's seen the result of wax! as the outside hairs grow over the old wax...it gets stuck inside...after washing it holds water and gets moldy...after several years in you cut those same waxy dreads in half....MOLD!stinkY NASTYass mOld! as lexi said....ALOE!!
check out knottyworld.com by the way,,,im sure theres some dreadie pictures there to entice you!!mmmmm

--------------------
...Time is a stripper and she's doin' it just for you....

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: GOLDEN9locks]
    #2004274 - 10/13/03 12:49 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for the advice on not using wax golden, I'd never heard of wax causing mold before. I got these pics off of knottyworld.com of some dreads I thought looked pretty decent (as far as being clean and not frizzy):

These aren't necissarily unfrizzy but I thought it was a cool picture none-the-less.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

#2004319 - 10/13/03 01:06 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I know those guys from knotty world. the last one by the way when he cut his dreads they were filled with wax he posted pics. wax is not water soluble so it stays in there for good thats why you get mold.

frizzy and messy is the best part hehe i went compleatly natural. none of that non frizzie and clean shit for me.. i want them to look like fucking tree.  :grin:

Edited by mindcandy (10/13/03 01:07 AM)

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: thePatient]
    #2004349 - 10/13/03 01:18 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

thePatient said:
once you dread your hair, is there no way to undread it? is the only step in removal, a shaven head?

yes it is possible to undread it some ppl have undreaded at 3 years but it all depends what kind of hair you have.me for example at 5 months some dreads would be impossible to undread, i got some nappy hair. but theres about 2 to 3 inches of undreaded hair in each dread so you wouldnt have to be completly bald. you could problably get away with more lengh if you cut inbetween the old dread and the newly dreaded hair and then undread the not so tight new dread part

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale