Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: Hooty]
    #1825903 - 08/18/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ive had dread twice...Once disgusting shitlocks made with wax that were just a greasy wax...

and once...

With about a 100 hours of rubbing my head with wool and tangling it...this actually made pretty nicely defined dreadlocks, unfortuneately they had to be cut off due to brain testing at the hospital.

Ive just recently shaved my head off and let it grow back in natural...and have been thinking about letting it grow shoulder length and starting dread's again...there is a really cute white couple around here with SUPER nice dreadlocks..a real inspiration.
Make sure this is something your commited to putting alot of work into for alot of year's and taking alot of guff about them first, or itll make that first 6 months seem completely pointless when you chop off your mediocre mess.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeanPie
6006|3 0//nZ4|| !
Loc: It's legal here...
    #1826295 - 08/18/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

those damn things smell

--------------------
Keep your crack and your LSD, I'm snorting something that God gave me....and it smells like LOVE!

InvisibleBrainFarmer
Farmicist

Loc: lounging betwixt lobes...
Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: felix]
    #1828384 - 08/19/03 12:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

hard to see how something that requires years of commitment to do right could be considered trendy.  trends come and go with the seasons.  good dreadies stick around.

if anything, dreads are almost an anti-fasion for me.  i'm not saying i don't like the way they look, but i know that they identify me as "unconventional."  i don't eat meat, i believe in the value of entheogens, i do my best to act in an environmentally responsible manner, and i consider myself to be spiritual, but not in any conventional sort of way.  most of the people i know who knot their hair have similar beliefs.  dreads aren't trendy, but the sub-population who wear them is growing in response to the rampant crappification of our world.

:sun:
:rasta:
BF

--------------------
Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate Bodhisvah

Formula: 0

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: BrainFarmer]
    #1831890 - 08/19/03 11:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

well put.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #1973433 - 10/02/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The albino tarantulas crawl through Southeast Portland, using their trust funds to emulate poverty. Jah good. Jah love dem. Jah make dem feel irie. Jah know dat if dey walk two blocks out de tourist section of Kingston, dey get dey white brains blasted onto de cracked sidewalk.

that is the funniest thing I have heard in a while. This itself is a different quote, right?

@brainfarmer and Hooty:

I think dreads on white people look halarious, and whenever I see a white person with (obviuosly laboured over) dreads, I laugh with no qualms about them hearing me, becuse most of the time they are all off of some hippy-vegan-pacifist-whatever-eastern-religon-or-philosophy-their-hippy-freinds-tell-them-about thing.

But you dont care, and most likely see me laughing as further proving your point about how "sub-population" you are.

just one thing:

"if anything, dreads are almost an anti-fasion for me. i'm not saying i don't like the way they look, but i know that they identify me as 'unconventional.' "

so, you dont like they way they look, but wear them anyway, becuase it helps you fit into a clique?

how subversive.

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: domite]
    #1973901 - 10/02/03 06:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

My attraction to dreads has nothing to do with trying to be "sub-population". I don't really dig breaking people up like that, I just have a natural fondness for them. They do make a certain statement, but that's not necissarily the only reason I'm interested in them. And domite you obviously misread brain farmers post, he said "i'm not saying i don't like the way they look..." Meaning he does...

--------------------

It will never come true

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #1973988 - 10/02/03 07:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"And domite you obviously misread brain farmers post"

uuh...

oops?

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #1974005 - 10/02/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

there is a pic of my dread fro in the latest pic post.you wont see my dreads cuz i cant even see them yet its wall of hair. but they are real phatty's and i got one huge congo in the back . theyre natural one year in december.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #1974097 - 10/02/03 08:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

A friend jon (dreads) picking on a friend who passed out on my picnic table.

and there are some more of my friends looken like idiots at the pimps and hoes party.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (10/02/03 08:11 PM)

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #1974724 - 10/02/03 11:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm with you nothing makes me laugh more than a negro sporting a crew cut.

Offlinehairs
old hand
Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: baraka]
    #1974747 - 10/02/03 11:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

anyone who would go out of their way to "make" dreads is just rediculous. They should form naturally from not combing your hair, plain and simple. They are the most low-maintanance hair style, considering, thats how they form...no maintanance. The back of my head used to be all dreads, and i had to run fingers through the front of my hair so that my whole head would not dread. Wake up, slap on a bandana, and your set, hell sometimes you can even wake up with a bandana on. christ you guys talk of dreads, is really foolish. And i dont think most people have dreads to look "cool" eeeh your talk sickens me, after reading this, im glad i cut mine off last weekend.

--------------------
If I didn't have such a great drive (golf) the American people would thing I wasn't working so hard. George W. Bush

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: hairs]
    #1974772 - 10/02/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with you but if you walk through a Jamband parking lot or some other neo-psuedo-hippie hang out you will see plenty of high maintence fashion type dreadies. They will be the onces in store bought patchwork. Can't miss them they are everywhere, I can understand people giving them hell, they aren't any different than the fashion fags who shop at Abercrombie and Fitch and places like that.

Also why would you care what people thnk?

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: Adom]
    #1974791 - 10/02/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't really see the point in you're judgin people like that, these guys may have their flaws but their no less human than you are their flaws are simply more visible....who are you to judge? I doubt their causing you any harm.

--------------------

It will never come true

Anonymous

#1974905 - 10/03/03 01:28 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Let it lock up man.. The key is Patience. Dont rush them. Let them do what they want and all will be well in time.

InvisibleBrainFarmer
Farmicist

Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: hairs]
    #1975016 - 10/03/03 02:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

anyone who would go out of their way to "make" dreads is just rediculous. They should form naturally from not combing your hair, plain and simple. They are the most low-maintanance hair style, considering, thats how they form...no maintanance. The back of my head used to be all dreads, and i had to run fingers through the front of my hair so that my whole head would not dread. Wake up, slap on a bandana, and your set, hell sometimes you can even wake up with a bandana on.

now THAT is ridiculous. without a little bit of TLC you end up with essentially a matted rats nest on your head. there's no shame in providing nature with a little order. would you really try to farm without taking the time to plant your crops in rows? no wonder you cut them/it off.

--------------------

InvisibleBrainFarmer
Farmicist

#1975054 - 10/03/03 03:15 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I agree with you but if you walk through a Jamband parking lot or some other neo-psuedo-hippie hang out you will see plenty of high maintence fashion type dreadies. They will be the onces in store bought patchwork. Can't miss them they are everywhere, I can understand people giving them hell, they aren't any different than the fashion fags who shop at Abercrombie and Fitch and places like that.

just because they look nice and neat doesn't mean they're "store bought".  mine were initially sectioned/started by one of my closest friends.  since then i work on them about once a month or so to keep them tight and separate.  it's hard work too, but i wouldn't even consider letting anyone else do it, especially for money.  they are a very personal thing; they're attatched to my head, for god's sake!

btw- i don't like jambands in the slightest.

:sigh: :shake:
BF

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #1975192 - 10/03/03 05:42 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Dreadlocks are called  Dreadlocks for a REASON people :smirk: 

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #1975291 - 10/03/03 06:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There are a lot of pretentious posts in this thread. Let people live. It's hair you fucking psychos.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

InvisiblePIMPtheSYSTEM
The black guy

Loc: Miami
Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #1975313 - 10/03/03 06:59 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

All thoes who think dreads are unclean and stink are fucking retarded when your hair is dreaded it grows much faster that means it is much healthier my dreads never smell and they auctally smell pretty good from the dread shampoo (shampoo with no conditioners) all you have to do is WASH them people think you can't wash dreads another group of dumbasses dreads are just another hairstyle unless you have some belifes backing them and I am not just talking about rastas.....

For all you white people out there it will be much harder for you to have nice clean dreads but you can do it just try not to sweat like an animal during the begining of locking and if you do play soccer or some other crap just run water through your hair while you in the shower wa-la, you can also hold a non=condition bar soap above your head and let the water take it through your hairs then simply wash i tout no rubbing involved

--------------------

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Dreadlock Pictures... [Re: PIMPtheSYSTEM]
    #1975350 - 10/03/03 07:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah man, people love to talk about things they know nothing of. This thread has inspired me to dread my hair up again. Fuck the haters and their attempts to assimilate everyone.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies